You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH
(message deleted)

User Info: PouringLight

PouringLight
2 days ago#92
SC6 posted...
PouringLight posted...
SC6 posted...
PouringLight posted...
TC your arguments are reaching a new level of idiotic and your false equivalencies with the CIA shows how much your grasping. Edelgard is in a position of unquestioned power as the future emperor. She shouldn't be THAT oblivious.

By this line of logic. Dimitri should know His stepmom worked with TWSITD to assassinate him and the king but failed, and should do all he can to distance Edelgard (his childhood crush and step sister) from them

What does Dimitri have to do with this? No one said he was smart.

Honestly the only people with a shred of intelligence in this game are TWSITD and maybe Byleth.
Thank me one of these bastards gets the honor of being my pupil

I think TWSITD are actually pretty dumb and lazy tbh.

You can make a case for Claude being smart but I agree that Byleth is the only one I can say knows what they are doing 100% of the time.
no one needs that piece of dung s*** character. overrated and annoying, name one character who isn't like this - Ajnin on Yoshi

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#93
Rethalwolf posted...
No, I agree she cannot know the future. All I know is her intent, her plan, her course of action, and the events that follow.
In fact, we (even as omniscient gods) do not see the result of a successful assassination, so we can only speculate on what her actions would cause. But, we know her intentions, plan, and course of action... which failed, leading to the game that we had instead.

But, plans are made with intended consequences. Whether or not things work out according to plan? Well, we'd only know that if we were omniscient time-traveling gods.

Exactly.

The second she starts murdering innocents is the same second that she has erased them from history. She has decided that their part to play has ended. What about their intentions, plans, and courses of actions? What about their goals?

What if their goals aligned with hers? What if they were really good people?

I'm sorry, this is why I can't get on board.

I just can't justify that "political assassination for the greater good, as I have decided the greater good" (murder) is fine.

I can't do it.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Constructe

Constructe
2 days ago#94
RJ1771 posted...
Fresita posted...
It is not dominated by the church, do you really think that if the church had such powerful incidence over Fódlan, the empire would have any influence of the slitherers dominating them in the shadows? Everyone paints the church as the supreme ruling power of Fódlan and that is wrong, with all due respect
I will still disagree with this notion. The Kingdom is directly tied to the Church, and the Empire still has strong ties to it as well considering part of the ceremony for crowning a new Emperor usually requires that the Archbishop herself be present. Really only the Alliance has loose ties with them, but even still there's a couple factors that imply that the Church has a heavy influence across all of Fodlan.

-It's so important that the Church had to decentralize and split into the Central, Western, Eastern, and I think even Southern Churches.
-The Knights of Serios are often dispatched into the various territories to deal with various threats like rampaging bandits and such.
-The future nobility and military leaders from all three territories are sent to the Monastery to be raised and taught in accordance to the Church's teachings. Whether or not they buy into those teachings is up for grabs, but if the Church had so little influence with the three territories they wouldn't be sending the future leaders of their nations there to be taught.
-And there's the little tidbit that on the Church route Rhea specifically looks to Byleth and says "If anything happens to me I'm leaving all my sacred duties to you. It will be up to you to lead the people of Fodlan in my place."

The Church might not be calling down mandates from on high that the three territories must abide by, but it seems clear to me that the Church is at the center - literally and figuratively - of the collective whole of Fodlan society.

This. The church isn’t some all-powerful entity. That’s not what I’m saying. But it clearly has strong grip on Fodlan. To add to what’s been said, Jeralt, someone who very much distrusts Rhea, and had to fake his own death and escape during a fire, felt he couldn’t refuse Rhea’s commands when he rejoins the knights. There’s a strong undercurrent of ,you better do what the church wants, or there will be consequences.
Did you hear about Pluto? That's messed up

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#95
PouringLight posted...
SC6 posted...
PouringLight posted...
SC6 posted...
PouringLight posted...
TC your arguments are reaching a new level of idiotic and your false equivalencies with the CIA shows how much your grasping. Edelgard is in a position of unquestioned power as the future emperor. She shouldn't be THAT oblivious.

By this line of logic. Dimitri should know His stepmom worked with TWSITD to assassinate him and the king but failed, and should do all he can to distance Edelgard (his childhood crush and step sister) from them

What does Dimitri have to do with this? No one said he was smart.

Honestly the only people with a shred of intelligence in this game are TWSITD and maybe Byleth.
Thank me one of these bastards gets the honor of being my pupil

I think TWSITD are actually pretty dumb and lazy tbh.

You can make a case for Claude being smart but I agree that Byleth is the only one I can say knows what they are doing 100% of the time.

I actually want to trace all the events TWSITD caused. Seems like they had something to gain from each event.

Off the top of my head. Duscar weakened the Kingdom and also gave them access to high quality minerals. I wonder what they got out of the Western Church and Lonato's land.

Solon in Remire seemed to be a show of force that they can destabilize a region instantly. Seemed like it doubled to keep the Flame Emperor in check.

I think for the most part they covered their own asses pretty well.
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#96
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
No, I agree she cannot know the future. All I know is her intent, her plan, her course of action, and the events that follow.
In fact, we (even as omniscient gods) do not see the result of a successful assassination, so we can only speculate on what her actions would cause. But, we know her intentions, plan, and course of action... which failed, leading to the game that we had instead.

But, plans are made with intended consequences. Whether or not things work out according to plan? Well, we'd only know that if we were omniscient time-traveling gods.

Exactly.

The second she starts murdering innocents is the same second that she has erased them from history. She has decided that their part to play has ended. What about their intentions, plans, and courses of actions? What about their goals? Didn't matter to her. They were highly potential obstacles (and ended up being obstacles as predicted, that had to be removed regardless.) The plan failed and yet the outcome was the same - I don't see why you bring this up, since they had to die anyway.

What if their goals aligned with hers? Too big of a risk to take.
What if they were really good people? Rhea is a good person, too. Everyone believes they are righteous. Everyone tries to be a good person. But one person's definition of "good" could directly conflict with another's. The point of this game is that there are no "good" or "evil" people, which so many people on this board can't get through their thick skulls.

I'm sorry, this is why I can't get on board.

I just can't justify that "political assassination for the greater good, as I have decided the greater good" (murder) is fine.

I can't do it. Okay.

SC6 posted...

I actually want to trace all the events TWSITD caused. Seems like they had something to gain from each event.

Off the top of my head. Duscar weakened the Kingdom and also gave them access to high quality minerals. I wonder what they got out of the Western Church and Lonato's land.

Solon in Remire seemed to be a show of force that they can destabilize a region instantly. Seemed like it doubled to keep the Flame Emperor in check.

I think for the most part they covered their own asses pretty well.

I think Remire was a first attempt to create monsters, or maybe a first attempt at reanimation, but otherwise I think you're right. Their plans are pretty solid and effective. The only reason they failed was because of Byleth, and that was only because he could unexpectedly cut his way out of the dark realm.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
2 days ago#97
I was wondering why there were 96 posts gatekeeping the story from heroes, this is much less funny than I was expecting.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#98
The_Juice_ posted...
I was wondering why there were 96 posts gatekeeping the story from heroes, this is much less funny than I was expecting.

🤣

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#99
The_Juice_ posted...

Nothing to report!
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: BadKarma_JT

BadKarma_JT
2 days ago#100
RedSpiderLily posted...
All Edelgard did was a lot of unnecessary violence. Real change and social reform takes time and lots of it.

Another biased opinion. If you had actually played Edelgard's route, you would realize she has a shortened life span due to double crest experiments hence her motivation to force change.

You also seem to conveniently forget Rhea has maintained the status quo for over 1,000 years. In reality real reform also doesnt just change with time it takes f***ing action... just look at any historical figure.
FC: 0361-6999-4252
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH