You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH

User Info: Juliansgirl

Juliansgirl
2 days ago#81
Claude’s so sauce and sexy he can convince to do anything.
Edelgard so pretty and strong I know she wrong but she makes u want to be wrong.

Dimitri has such a brutal and sexy way with words. His gory thoughts are poetic
Top tier husbando right their

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#82
PouringLight posted...
SC6 posted...
PouringLight posted...
TC your arguments are reaching a new level of idiotic and your false equivalencies with the CIA shows how much your grasping. Edelgard is in a position of unquestioned power as the future emperor. She shouldn't be THAT oblivious.

By this line of logic. Dimitri should know His stepmom worked with TWSITD to assassinate him and the king but failed, and should do all he can to distance Edelgard (his childhood crush and step sister) from them

What does Dimitri have to do with this? No one said he was smart.

Honestly the only people with a shred of intelligence in this game are TWSITD and maybe Byleth.
Thank me one of these bastards gets the honor of being my pupil
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#83
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
Infighting in the Alliance only serves to weaken them and make a political takeover easier for her. You also can't have evidence for how your actions will affect something in the future, unless you're a time traveler or omniscient time traveling god. All actions committed, ever, come with no evidence of how they will change the future.

See, I'm confused now.

First you were arguing that she was trying to prevent loss of life.

Now you are arguing that possible loss of life would put her in a better position to take them over.

Which is it?

I was arguing against the idea that she was killing them to prevent loss of life because she has no evidence that is the case. Which, I agree with you, she couldn't.

Which is exactly the problem.

And why I don't agree with her methods.

She is killing an innocent person, deciding for them that their loss of life is for the greater good, all to strengthen her own position regardless of the aftermath.

This is exactly why I don't approve of her methods.

Deciding for them? So, she should just ask them if they should die?
A possible loss of life would make it easier for her to take over the Alliance without having to fight a war. If it's a loss of life of another power versus loss of life of the entire continent - her own Empire included - choosing the smaller, foreign loss of life is the obvious choice.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#84
Yall should just let delusional TC believe that Edelgard did nothing wrong and go on with your lives to avoid this s*** topic to evolve into 500 one once again
Sorry for bad english , I try my best
(edited 2 days ago)

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#85
TheDreadedWave posted...
TC's upset not everyone loves his waifu

Wym? Everyone loves Petra.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#86
Rethalwolf posted...
A possible loss of life would make it easier for her to take over the Alliance without having to fight a war. If it's a loss of life of another power versus loss of life of the entire continent - her own Empire included - choosing the smaller, foreign loss of life is the obvious choice.

And this is why I said a long time ago we will never find common ground.

You think this is fine.

I do not.

And again, she is not omnipotent, as you have pointed out many times. She does not know that doing what she is doing will accomplish her goals. You're the one who is looking at her happy ending and going "See! The ends justify the means!"

I simply want you to at least admit that other people could come to the conclusion that she is not just from only playing her route. Because you seem to be under the impression that it is impossible if you only look at things you are presented on her route.

I strongly disagree with that.

And I've also said many times that I think she is a great character. And having her in this game is a huge boon.

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#87
Rethalwolf posted...
TheDreadedWave posted...
TC's upset not everyone loves his waifu

Wym? Everyone loves Petra.

Petra is pretty top tier. Golden Deer has some fantastic ones though. Nearly every pairing involving Marianne is just amazing.

User Info: Alligamer72

Alligamer72
2 days ago#88
But I wanna discuss builds for my summer corrin, what does that have to do with the story of this game?

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
2 days ago#89
Rethalwolf posted...
Binkster posted...
SC6 posted...
PouringLight posted...
TC your arguments are reaching a new level of idiotic and your false equivalencies with the CIA shows how much your grasping. Edelgard is in a position of unquestioned power as the future emperor. She shouldn't be THAT oblivious.

By this line of logic. Dimitri should know His stepmom worked with TWSITD to assassinate him and the king but failed, and should do all he can to distance Edelgard (his childhood crush and step sister) from them

But he wasn’t the king... he was an exile and he found out literally as soon as he took back the kingdom.

And Edelgard wasn't the Emperor when TWSITD was committing all those atrocities. And, as I said before, tmk the only thing she uses them for in her route is her axe - otherwise, it's just Hubert researching them.

But Edelgard then became emperor pre time skip and still didn’t do anything about TWSITD. Their main goal wasn’t just to kill Rhea and the church, but to eliminate anyone who would be a threat to them. The land had become heavily reliant on the aid of the church so peasants would instantly become provoked.

Edelgard, in theory, should know this as Thales even stated many times that any enemy must be dealt with, essentially meaning the entire continent of Fodlan. Agartha’s main goal is to wipe out the current state of humanity, essentially the same as the Loptyr Sect. She knows this all, yet she willingly risks the safety of the entire continent who was already living a fairly decent life in exchange for the possibility of mass destruction?

Her logic is jeopardizing more people than are at risk right now. Most of the grievances of Fodlan endure, such as Duscar, are even caused by TWSITD, which she most likely did have some hindsight on due to her relationship with Arundel. She knew that they were no good and she knew that they we’re performing blood experiments. She sides with them knowing the risk of continental peril could become even greater than what she has caused.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#90
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...

And this is why I said a long time ago we will never find common ground.

You think this is fine.

I do not.

And again, she is not omnipotent, as you have pointed out many times. She does not know that doing what she is doing will accomplish her goals. You're the one who is looking at her happy ending and going "See! The ends justify the means!"

I simply want you to at least admit that other people could come to the conclusion that she is not just from only playing her route. Because you seem to be under the impression that it is impossible if you only look at things you are presented on her route.

I strongly disagree with that.

And I've also said many times that I think she is a great character. And having her in this game is a huge boon.

No, I agree she cannot know the future. All I know is her intent, her plan, her course of action, and the events that follow.
In fact, we (even as omniscient gods) do not see the result of a successful assassination, so we can only speculate on what her actions would cause. But, we know her intentions, plan, and course of action... which failed, leading to the game that we had instead.

But, plans are made with intended consequences. Whether or not things work out according to plan? Well, we'd only know that if we were omniscient time-traveling gods.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH