You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#61
Rethalwolf posted...
I'm just going to assume you're American for this:
Do you know everything the CIA is doing? Of course not.
Do you believe what they're doing is in your interest as a US citizen?
Yes?
Congratulations, you're as oblivious as Edelgard is.
No?
Well, then un-ally yourself with the CIA, since you clearly don't trust them.

Yes, I am American.

There is a huge flaw with your logic.

I am not the President, or Emperor of America.

I am incapable of declaring of war.

Also, seriously, watch The Boys.

PouringLight posted...
TC your arguments are reaching a new level of idiotic and your false equivalencies with the CIA shows how much your grasping. Edelgard is in a position of unquestioned power as the future emperor. She shouldn't be THAT oblivious.

Thank you.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: juzblaze15

juzblaze15
2 days ago#62
So what you're saying is instead of being a reasonable human being, gathering information, getting firsthand insight into your classmates, and using your own mind to make decisions like Claude - we should praise characters who make decisions out of fear and ignorance?

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#63
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
It's not about my opinions on Edelgard, but rather my opinions on Edelgard in her route. I see a lot of arguments, primarily hating on Edelgard, which use information gleaned in other routes against her. Edelgard is the easiest example of proof of what I'm saying, mostly because I know the most about her. The point being that, in every route, the main lord is unequivocally the good guy, and using any information from outside of that route makes you inherently wrong.

I'd say the very first thing that happens in the game involving Byleth and the 3 lords immediately dampens your "unequivocally" part. No matter how you choose to justify it.

Killing one to save the lives of many is considered one of the most noble acts out there. Just think about how when we finally got Bin Laden. Sure, that was a terrorist, but the concept is the same - war means deaths, assassination means political takeover without war, therefore assassination means basically no deaths. You're weighing the lives of Claude and Dimitri against the lives of everyone that goes to battle. Still good guy status.

GreenMage7 posted...
ivanhellsing posted...
to 500 and beyond

Yeah, I always feel bad when these big topics have a typo in the title. Missing the "3". Sadface.

Yeah... that was even after I fixed it because I was going over 80. Thought my 80/80 was so beautiful
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

GreenMage7
2 days ago#64
Rethalwolf posted...
Killing one to save the lives of many is considered one of the most noble acts out there. Just think about how when we finally got Bin Laden. Sure, that was a terrorist, but the concept is the same - war means deaths, assassination means political takeover without war, therefore assassination means basically no deaths. You're weighing the lives of Claude and Dimitri against the lives of everyone that goes to battle. Still good guy status.

But again, you are killing them with no evidence of how they will act. For all you know, Claude's removal could throw the Alliance into chaos and infighting that costs far more life.

Evidence is really important.

Another reason to watch The Boys. Please, please tell me you will at least look into watching it. It's only 8 episodes. =D
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: PouringLight

PouringLight
2 days ago#65
What lives did she save with that stunt TC? She almost killed herself in the process.
no one needs that piece of dung s*** character. overrated and annoying, name one character who isn't like this - Ajnin on Yoshi

User Info: KaiserChad

KaiserChad
2 days ago#66
Rethalwolf posted...
True, to omniscient gods like us, she had no foundation. But, like I keep saying, you have to understand each route in a vacuum to be of any worth to any discussion about any part of the plot.

I disagree. Putting Edelgard's route in vacuum isn't indicative of the game's plot. The information given is wrong.

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#67
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
I'm just going to assume you're American for this:
Do you know everything the CIA is doing? Of course not.
Do you believe what they're doing is in your interest as a US citizen?
Yes?
Congratulations, you're as oblivious as Edelgard is.
No?
Well, then un-ally yourself with the CIA, since you clearly don't trust them.

Yes, I am American.

There is a huge flaw with your logic.

I am not the President, or Emperor of America.

I am incapable of declaring of war.

Also, seriously, watch The Boys.

PouringLight posted...
TC your arguments are reaching a new level of idiotic and your false equivalencies with the CIA shows how much your grasping. Edelgard is in a position of unquestioned power as the future emperor. She shouldn't be THAT oblivious.

Thank you.

If that's your takeaway, both of you clearly didn't understand.
You don't need to know everything a group or person is doing to ally with them. Alliances don't work that way. Organizations might, but alliances do not. They are separate entities and they, especially as powerful as they are, do not owe her any information. They merely shared goals, and when that is over Edelgard turns on them for the atrocities that they (without her knowledge or approval) committed, of their own accord.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
2 days ago#68
Fresita posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
I don't get it either. Yea she has her reasons doesn't not make her a villain though.

I don't think she's a straight up-Sargeras/Voldemort/Mufasa killer villain. She's an antihero who has the right of claiming they are morally grey and flawed.

It's like Deltia in FFT the guy did some good and had his reasons but he isn't a good person much less a hero. Except closer to Griffith cuz she you know actually started the war, every dead civilian a sacrifice on her alter.
Waving the flag is fun.

GreenMage7
2 days ago#69
Rethalwolf posted...
Yeah... that was even after I fixed it because I was going over 80. Thought my 80/80 was so beautiful

Could have dropped the comma for the 3 in hindsight.

Captain Hindsight strikes again.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
2 days ago#70
Rethalwolf posted...

1. She doesn't condone the deaths of innocents, except Dimitri and Claude

Uhh, pretty sure it wasn't only Dimitri, Claude, and Edelgard who set up camp out there. There were other nobles there (guessing the other students, since Dimitri calls them companions), along with the village, and the bandit leader was told to kill as many as possible. That's a lot of innocents, not just two.

Rethalwolf posted...

Killing one to save the lives of many is considered one of the most noble acts out there.

Sure, as long as the one is not innocent.
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH