You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#51
Constructe posted...
It’s not about whether or not you have to believe in the goddess. It’s living in a world dominated by the church and crest society. No matter how you look at it, Fodlan is not healthy.

Edelgard sees this and wants to change it (as do many others). Edelgard accomplishes this specific goal with as much avoided bloodshed as possible. To accomplish this task, she did what was necessary.

Here’s the thing, 1,000 years later, Edelgard would be known as the Hero Emperor why not empress? who freed the world from the tyranny of the church and the crests.

And back to TC’s original point, that is exactly what her route is about, and the other routes don’t matter when looking at that. Could it have gone better? Only the omniscient player can speculate.

It is not dominated by the church, do you really think that if the church had such powerful incidence over Fódlan, the empire would have any influence of the slitherers dominating them in the shadows? Everyone paints the church as the supreme ruling power of Fódlan and that is wrong, with all due respect
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#52
ZeroX91 posted...
I don't get it either. Yea she has her reasons doesn't not make her a villain though.

I don't think she's a straight up-Sargeras/Voldemort/Mufasa killer villain. She's an antihero who has the right of claiming they are morally grey and flawed.
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 days ago#53
Fresita posted...
RJ1771 posted...
To be fair there's also a lot of "Rhea did nothing wrong" topics floating around out there. Gotta give it to the game's writer(s): for better or worse, they certainly got people talking. :3

Dimitri also did a s***load of wrong stuff and he doesnt receives the praise he deserves :^(

I think that's because he's easier to understand than Edelgard and Rhea. He's just a seething cauldron of barely contained rage that finally boils over at some point. Edelgard and Rhea both exemplify the saying "The Path To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions."
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: ivanhellsing

ivanhellsing
2 days ago#54
to 500 and beyond
FFDOO ID : 55 378 8145 gian with Rinoa EX

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#55
ivanhellsing posted...
to 500 and beyond

Yeah, I always feel bad when these big topics have a typo in the title. Missing the "3". Sadface.

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#56
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
Bolded responses again.
What game are you playing?

So you do not refute my "completely oblivious" part.

She has literally no idea what those she has allied herself with are doing.

Hmm...

There is this series on Amazon right now called "The Boys". It is amazing. I highly suggest you watch it. Tell me if you still feel the same after seeing it, because a lot of the things that happen can have parallels drawn to some of the events that occur in this game.

And without having bias towards one side or the other, you might look at this differently.

I finished that show last weekend.

I can definitely see some parallels between Starlight and Edelgard or even Hughie and El.

But like in both cases the characters are neutral and not good or evil. Which is pretty much all the potential protagonists
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#57
RJ1771 posted...
Fresita posted...
RJ1771 posted...
To be fair there's also a lot of "Rhea did nothing wrong" topics floating around out there. Gotta give it to the game's writer(s): for better or worse, they certainly got people talking. :3

Dimitri also did a s***load of wrong stuff and he doesnt receives the praise he deserves :^(

I think that's because he's easier to understand than Edelgard and Rhea. He's just a seething cauldron of barely contained rage that finally boils over at some point. Edelgard and Rhea both exemplify the saying "The Path To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions."

Probably just needed a nap lol
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#58
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
Bolded responses again.
What game are you playing?

So you do not refute my "completely oblivious" part.

She has literally no idea what those she has allied herself with are doing.

Hmm...

There is this series on Amazon right now called "The Boys". It is amazing. I highly suggest you watch it. Tell me if you still feel the same after seeing it, because a lot of the things that happen can have parallels drawn to some of the events that occur in this game.

And without having bias towards one side or the other, you might look at this differently.

I'm just going to assume you're American for this:
Do you know everything the CIA is doing? Of course not.
Do you believe what they're doing is in your interest as a US citizen?
Yes?
Congratulations, you're as oblivious as Edelgard is.
No?
Well, then un-ally yourself with the CIA, since you clearly don't trust them.

Fresita posted...
EmrelGuy posted...
Cool, now is that a commonly known in universe plot point or is it one only we the player knows thanks to our omnipotence across the four routes

Edelgard unleashed war out of ignorance and lacking the mental strength of questioning further what was happening and you can die salty about it because its factual lmao

If pointing that Edelgard was an ignorant victim of her own empire's wrongdoings is hating yall need some thinking to do! its okay to admit your empress made a mistake, she is a cool character still, nothing changes that, perhaps not as smart as you want to believe tho :^)

Edelgard believed that the entire nation had been brainwashed by the Church (and THEY WERE, which she gets evidence of over her year at Garreg Mach). Why would she have any reason to believe that she was brainwashed as well? She was told that only the Hresvelg line knows the truth and was passed what she believed to be the truth from her father. "Questioning further" means nothing in a time where books are burned, misinformation abounds, and an entire nation has been brainwashed. The only ones who know the truth of the past are the dragons (who were there) and TWSITD, and the dragons are the ones that have been lying to a continent for a thousand years. The only ones who could GIVE her the truth are the ones that brainwashed her, and the ones that brainwashed the nation. There is no way to "question further".

KaiserChad posted...
Each route gives more insight into overarching plot, and the biggest takeaway is that Edelgard's modus operandi has no freaking foundation due to her misinformed assumptions of the history and actual goings of the Foland.

True, to omniscient gods like us, she had no foundation. But, like I keep saying, you have to understand each route in a vacuum to be of any worth to any discussion about any part of the plot.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 days ago#59
Fresita posted...
It is not dominated by the church, do you really think that if the church had such powerful incidence over Fódlan, the empire would have any influence of the slitherers dominating them in the shadows? Everyone paints the church as the supreme ruling power of Fódlan and that is wrong, with all due respect
I will still disagree with this notion. The Kingdom is directly tied to the Church, and the Empire still has strong ties to it as well considering part of the ceremony for crowning a new Emperor usually requires that the Archbishop herself be present. Really only the Alliance has loose ties with them, but even still there's a couple factors that imply that the Church has a heavy influence across all of Fodlan.

-It's so important that the Church had to decentralize and split into the Central, Western, Eastern, and I think even Southern Churches.
-The Knights of Serios are often dispatched into the various territories to deal with various threats like rampaging bandits and such.
-The future nobility and military leaders from all three territories are sent to the Monastery to be raised and taught in accordance to the Church's teachings. Whether or not they buy into those teachings is up for grabs, but if the Church had so little influence with the three territories they wouldn't be sending the future leaders of their nations there to be taught.
-And there's the little tidbit that on the Church route Rhea specifically looks to Byleth and says "If anything happens to me I'm leaving all my sacred duties to you. It will be up to you to lead the people of Fodlan in my place."

The Church might not be calling down mandates from on high that the three territories must abide by, but it seems clear to me that the Church is at the center - literally and figuratively - of the collective whole of Fodlan society.
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: PouringLight

PouringLight
2 days ago#60
TC your arguments are reaching a new level of idiotic and your false equivalencies with the CIA shows how much your grasping. Edelgard is in a position of unquestioned power as the future emperor. She shouldn't be THAT oblivious.
no one needs that piece of dung s*** character. overrated and annoying, name one character who isn't like this - Ajnin on Yoshi
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH