You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#41
Rethalwolf posted...
Bolded responses again.
What game are you playing?

So you do not refute my "completely oblivious" part.

She has literally no idea what those she has allied herself with are doing.

Hmm...

There is this series on Amazon right now called "The Boys". It is amazing. I highly suggest you watch it. Tell me if you still feel the same after seeing it, because a lot of the things that happen can have parallels drawn to some of the events that occur in this game.

And without having bias towards one side or the other, you might look at this differently.

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#42
EmrelGuy posted...
Cool, now is that a commonly known in universe plot point or is it one only we the player knows thanks to our omnipotence across the four routes

Edelgard unleashed war out of ignorance and lacking the mental strength of questioning further what was happening and you can die salty about it because its factual lmao

If pointing that Edelgard was an ignorant victim of her own empire's wrongdoings is hating yall need some thinking to do! its okay to admit your empress made a mistake, she is a cool character still, nothing changes that, perhaps not as smart as you want to believe tho :^)
Sorry for bad english , I try my best
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 days ago#43
Fresita posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
All I'm hearing is "Edelgard did nothing wrong."

This entire board is about that by exception of some topics. Idk what's the deal on loving a morally grey antagonist or anti-hero and the need to justify themselves for that

To be fair there's also a lot of "Rhea did nothing wrong" topics floating around out there. Gotta give it to the game's writer(s): for better or worse, they certainly got people talking. :3
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: KaiserChad

KaiserChad
2 days ago#44
Each route gives more insight into overarching plot, and the biggest takeaway is that Edelgard's modus operandi has no freaking foundation due to her misinformed assumptions of the history and actual goings of the Foland.

User Info: Constructe

Constructe
2 days ago#45
Fresita posted...
Constructe posted...
Maybe not, but sometimes revolution is necessary, if enough people of a nation decide that enough is enough. It’s fairly similar in that regard.

The bottom line is, Edelgard (and most of the Empire and half of the Alliance) wanted to break from the power of the church over the people of Fodlan. It wasn’t going to happen peacefully, and Edelgard did what had to be done to accomplish that.

There are regions that aren't under the power of the church and are in fact conquered by other regions like Brigid with the Empire, no, it was not a necessary revolution since believing in the goddess was optional once you see there are characters like Shamir and Petra, Petra expressing how she completely believes in different Gods and Dedue telling mercedes he prays to different Gods

Discriminations towards them is a human creation if that's what you mean it should be abolished since nobility is a concept created by human society

It’s not about whether or not you have to believe in the goddess. It’s living in a world dominated by the church and crest society. No matter how you look at it, Fodlan is not healthy.

Edelgard sees this and wants to change it (as do many others). Edelgard accomplishes this specific goal with as much avoided bloodshed as possible. To accomplish this task, she did what was necessary.

Here’s the thing, 1,000 years later, Edelgard would be known as the Hero Emperor why not empress? who freed the world from the tyranny of the church and the crests.

And back to TC’s original point, that is exactly what her route is about, and the other routes don’t matter when looking at that. Could it have gone better? Only the omniscient player can speculate.
Did you hear about Pluto? That's messed up

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#46
Fresita posted...
This entire board is about that by exception of some topics. Idk what's the deal on loving a morally grey antagonist or anti-hero and the need to justify themselves for that

From what I see, it's the anti El camp not wanting to recognize her as morally gray.

We have a bunch of characters that don't fit into binary definitions. Everyone has good and bad deeds to their name. (Except I guess Claude)
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#47
RJ1771 posted...
To be fair there's also a lot of "Rhea did nothing wrong" topics floating around out there. Gotta give it to the game's writer(s): for better or worse, they certainly got people talking. :3

Dimitri also did a s***load of wrong stuff and he doesnt receives the praise he deserves :^(
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#48
SC6 posted...
imthestuntman posted...
Wanting to seek vengeance against one person on incomplete information is a hell of a lot different than societal upheaval.......

Plus there is no denying that edelgard is DRASTICALLY different in her approach between her route and the others, so you can't really take her in her route vs the others. The others are actually reasonably consistent between routes.

She doesn't know she has incomplete information. The point OP is making.
It's the same for Dimitri going on his homicidal rampage and Claude just back out and watching things play out

"Kill them all" Dimitri is the same as "we should accept each other" Dimitri?
"Be neutral and wait for an opportunity" Claude is the same as "Unite the land" Claude?

Exactly.

Valinne posted...
Why do the people who support Edelgard so fervently feel the need to force their opinions on others? The game was designed to allow for a lot of different mindsets. Some of those conflict with Edelgard's ambitions. Is that so strange?
I wish this actually was a "look at what each route brings information-wise", but it's not, it's just another Edelgard justification bombardment. The fact that there's immediately a scathing critique of Claude in the face of Edelgard's superiority is telling. Why not bring Rhea into this? I truly believe she's got important reasons that she constructed and continues to manage the church, but god forbid she be viewed as anything but the "evil dragon lady" by those who played Edelgard's route first and any discussion devolve into bloody screeching at eachother.

Rhea's regime perhaps deserved to fall, she still made decisions she felt were right and had a lot of important reasoning behind them, that alone puts her at least on Edelgard's level of "evil" if not above. And perhaps a war was inevitable. You can still fault Edelgard for being the one to do it and criticize not only her uncompromising violence, but also her potential repeat of the Agarthans and Nemesis conflict.

It's not about my opinions on Edelgard, but rather my opinions on Edelgard in her route. I see a lot of arguments, primarily hating on Edelgard, which use information gleaned in other routes against her. Edelgard is the easiest example of proof of what I'm saying, mostly because I know the most about her. The point being that, in every route, the main lord is unequivocally the good guy, and using any information from outside of that route makes you inherently wrong. Edelgard is merely the most controversial point (and, again, the one I know most about), so it's easiest to speak from her perspective for me.

ZeroX91 posted...

Get your ears checked.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
2 days ago#49
Fresita posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

I don't get it either. Yea she has her reasons doesn't not make her a villain though.
Waving the flag is fun.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#50
Rethalwolf posted...
It's not about my opinions on Edelgard, but rather my opinions on Edelgard in her route. I see a lot of arguments, primarily hating on Edelgard, which use information gleaned in other routes against her. Edelgard is the easiest example of proof of what I'm saying, mostly because I know the most about her. The point being that, in every route, the main lord is unequivocally the good guy, and using any information from outside of that route makes you inherently wrong.

I'd say the very first thing that happens in the game involving Byleth and the 3 lords immediately dampens your "unequivocally" part. No matter how you choose to justify it.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH