You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH

User Info: EmrelGuy

EmrelGuy
2 days ago#31
The responses to this thread are why FE villains are rarely more complex than Garon. IS knows you people can’t understand even the slightest complexity

“Real change takes time”

She has turbo cancer she doesn’t have time
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Valinne

Valinne
2 days ago#32
Why do the people who support Edelgard so fervently feel the need to force their opinions on others? The game was designed to allow for a lot of different mindsets. Some of those conflict with Edelgard's ambitions. Is that so strange?
I wish this actually was a "look at what each route brings information-wise", but it's not, it's just another Edelgard justification bombardment. The fact that there's immediately a scathing critique of Claude in the face of Edelgard's superiority is telling. Why not bring Rhea into this? I truly believe she's got important reasons that she constructed and continues to manage the church, but god forbid she be viewed as anything but the "evil dragon lady" by those who played Edelgard's route first and any discussion devolve into bloody screeching at eachother.

Rhea's regime perhaps deserved to fall, she still made decisions she felt were right and had a lot of important reasoning behind them, that alone puts her at least on Edelgard's level of "evil" if not above. And perhaps a war was inevitable. You can still fault Edelgard for being the one to do it and criticize not only her uncompromising violence, but also her potential repeat of the Agarthans and Nemesis conflict.

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#33
imthestuntman posted...
Wanting to seek vengeance against one person on incomplete information is a hell of a lot different than societal upheaval.......

Plus there is no denying that edelgard is DRASTICALLY different in her approach between her route and the others, so you can't really take her in her route vs the others. The others are actually reasonably consistent between routes.

She doesn't know she has incomplete information. The point OP is making.
It's the same for Dimitri going on his homicidal rampage and Claude just back out and watching things play out

"Kill them all" Dimitri is the same as "we should accept each other" Dimitri?
"Be neutral and wait for an opportunity" Claude is the same as "Unite the land" Claude?
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
2 days ago#34
All I'm hearing is "Edelgard did nothing wrong."
Waving the flag is fun.

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
2 days ago#35
EmrelGuy posted...
The responses to this thread are why FE villains are rarely more complex than Garon. IS knows you people can’t understand even the slightest complexity

“Real change takes time”

I’m not saying she’s a bad character at all. She is a great one. Just not as morally gray as it is made out to be. Don’t change what she did, but just pointing out our thoughts.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#36
SC6 posted...
Not wrong, but Fodlan keeping outsiders out isn't unwarranted as Almyra only makes military moves and Duscar wiped a royal family

It wasnt duscur it was the slitherer's in the Empires name
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#37
GreenMage7 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
Bolded responses.
Did you even watch the cutscenes or read a single line of dialogue?

This conversation should have been over the second you "but sure"d my first argument. The fact that you have no problem with this means we will never come to common ground but fine. Political assassination to avoid continental war is a pretty fair trade, imo.

There is a huge problem with your version of the events, where you just push everything onto the Slithers. In order for this to work, you must assume that Edelgard is an idiot at worst, or completely oblivious to what's going on her around at best. Neither is a good look for a person who's end goal is to rule a continent. She is not a part of TWSITD's ranks. She is not privy to their plans. Their plans align with hers, to her knowledge - to remove Rhea from power and consolidate the nation under one banner - but their methods and goals are their own. "Oblivious" implies that it was obvious what they were doing, but if it was obvious, it would have been obvious to us. Edelgard knows as much about TWSITD's plans as the player does - only the Flame Emperor's objectives does she know more about.

Regardless of how much she knew about what the Slithers were doing at the moment, she knew what their goals were. And she does nothing about any of it despite having the knowledge to do so. She believes their goals were to remove Rhea from power and to consolidate the nation. Those are also her goals. Why would she try to stop them? Any other goals they have, she doesn't know about. Those goals aren't even touched on in her route a single time.

And saying "Byleth's choice to stand with Rhea". What was he supposed to do? Everything he knows about the Flame Emperor does nothing except paint them negatively. They are there to raid the Holy Tomb and announce as much, the tomb of Progenitor God that was living inside Byleth and granted them their power. What did Edelgard think was going to happen? Her teacher and classmates would just throw down their arms and let this masked individual with the huge force just do whatever they wanted? Again, you now have to assume Edelgard is an idiot. Which I wasn't willing to do. ...Edelgard announces that she is the Flame Emperor before trying to take the Crest Stones, if you are playing her route. She is unmasked and stands before you as Edelgard, asking you and her classmates to stand down. Not as the Flame Emperor. She also goes out of her way as the Flame Emperor to try to explain she doesn't have anything to do with TWSITD's actions, and as Edelgard to suggest that maybe the Flame Emperor won't be so bad when they meet in person. The only reason she fights you is because Byleth automatically chooses to stand against her.

I'm just saying don't get upset when a huge number of us are not okay with how she does things. Because even in a vacuum a lot of it is not okay.

Bolded responses again.
What game are you playing?
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#38
Binkster posted...
EmrelGuy posted...

“Real change takes time”

I’m not saying she’s a bad character at all. She is a great one. Just not as morally gray as it is made out to be. Don’t change what she did, but just pointing out our thoughts.

Totally agreed.

Edelgard is a fantastic character.

I just cannot approve of how she does things. The fact that she exists, and that you have the option to side with her is a master stroke.

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#39
ZeroX91 posted...
All I'm hearing is "Edelgard did nothing wrong."

This entire board is about that by exception of some topics. Idk what's the deal on loving a morally grey antagonist or anti-hero and the need to justify themselves for that
Sorry for bad english , I try my best
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: EmrelGuy

EmrelGuy
2 days ago#40
Fresita posted...
SC6 posted...
Not wrong, but Fodlan keeping outsiders out isn't unwarranted as Almyra only makes military moves and Duscar wiped a royal family

It wasnt duscur it was the slitherer's in the Empires name

Cool, now is that a commonly known in universe plot point or is it one only we the player knows thanks to our omnipotence across the four routes
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you can't look at each route in a vacuum, you have no business discussing FEH