You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.

User Info: Alligamer72

Alligamer72
2 days ago#41
Yes 2 paths show that she is.

User Info: suburbshulk

suburbshulk
2 days ago#42
Noisette posted...
suburbshulk posted...
Noisette posted...
Luminozero posted...
Noisette posted...
Then play them crests shouldn't be in anyone's hands because if you're too weak to control their power they turn you insane and into a beast. That is why you fight Rhea in the church route her Crest went out of control.

Considering what Crests are I heavily doubt this.

It happens in the church route there's no doubt at all it is a fact.

Uh.... Rhea went insane because of dragon degeneration lol.

Is that what people say because of old FE or does the story say that? Because the story says her Crest went out of control.

She doesn't have a Crest though and I think it's impossible for her to have a crest? Where did it say that?

User Info: mada7

mada7
2 days ago#43
Noisette posted...
mada7 posted...
BardofDorAr posted...
She's wrong and it's proven in other routes

Claude has near identical goals and goes about them with politics and compassion. If she could have looked at him as a friend instead of an incompetent rival they could easily have joined forces and accomplished what they wanted without going to all out war.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a golden path but the reality is that if our three young royals could have had a legitimate, honest and open sit-down a lot of things could have been avoided.

In theory yes but in practice doing something this bold requires some element of surprise and the only way that happens is if only the necessary people are kept in the loop. Given how close the Kingdom is to the church trusting Dimitri is out of the question. The odds of him going to Rhea and outing the plan are too high. Claude is generally seen as untrustworthy and it's not clear where his loyalties lie. The mistake was not telling the other black eagles (except Flayn) as they could be trusted to stay loyal. They knew in that tomb it'd be just Rhea and the black eagles (including Flayn). At most there'd be a handful of guards so they'd be able to murder Rhea, whatever guards she had with her, and Flayn (she's too loyal to the church) then plant one of the weapons in Flayn's hands, steal the stones and run. No witnesses other than loyal eagles left alive. Then with the church in disarray launch an all out assault on it to take it and put an end to the church before they could organize a defense. After that no war is needed. From there they'd be free to destroy the crests and overthrow the nobility with ease.

Since that scenario didn't happen the next best would be stirring up uprisings to get Dimitri to surrender Rhea and create enough of a political nightmare for him that he risks being killed if she's not handed over to the empire. Then again casualties would be kept to a minimum but the game would be more boring

El knew Rhea was a dragon do you really think the kids could've handled her back then? El's goal wasn't to murder her then rather steal crest stones so they can craft her axe and make more beasts for the Slithers. And none of the eagles could be trusted they follow the professor not El.

I don't mean take her on in a straight up fight. They probably couldn't take her in that state but rather in a sneaky knife to throat quick kill before she realizes a betrayal is even in the works and can transform.

As for which of the eagles could be trusted. Obviously Hubert would stay loyal no matter what. Petra has to as she's Edelgard's hostage and her life and country are forfeit if she disobeys. Caspar very likely stays loyal as his father is very loyal to the empire. Lindhart is also from a high ranking family so he likely stays for his family's sake. Bernadetta is likely too cowardly to ever oppose Edelgard. That leaves Dorothea and Ferdinand as maybes. Ferdinand can probably be kept in line with his pride as a noble. Dorothea would be a hard sell on this plan but if it came from Byleth she'd probably go along with it.

The stones are a lot easier to steal if Rhea is dead and nobody in the room is opposed to stealing the stones
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Jmerc

Jmerc
2 days ago#44
Agreed, Edelgard is also my favorite but she's wrong. Its not like I think Claude or Dimitri or Rhea are right either, though I guess Claude is the "good guy" ultimately but even so I have major issues with the logic of his route.
IGN: Merc
3DS FC: 3050 8246 9016

User Info: Cynrascal

Cynrascal
2 days ago#45
GSenjou posted...
??? The church perpetuates the crest system, which is what she's trying to get rid of.

Plus noble houses prioritizing crests as being one's worth in the family and if you don't have one, you are of lower class in their eyes. Of course, that depends on the house. Caspar wasn't subjected to such prejudice and he was free to pursue his own life. However, houses like Slyvain and Lysthesia is a different story. So, I guess I'm going to continue to be one of those stubborn Edelgard who refuse to "see the light" even after I play other routes.
When were you under the impression that being a "JRPG hipster" is a bad thing?
Being normal isn't some sort of badge of honor.

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
2 days ago#46
Noisette posted...
suburbshulk posted...
Noisette posted...
Luminozero posted...
Noisette posted...
Then play them crests shouldn't be in anyone's hands because if you're too weak to control their power they turn you insane and into a beast. That is why you fight Rhea in the church route her Crest went out of control.

Considering what Crests are I heavily doubt this.

It happens in the church route there's no doubt at all it is a fact.

Uh.... Rhea went insane because of dragon degeneration lol.

Is that what people say because of old FE or does the story say that? Because the story says her Crest went out of control.

Here's the problem with that. GOLDEN DEER ROUTE SPOILERS BELOW!

Crests are not 'gifts from the Goddess'. They were made by Those Who Slither experimenting with the blood of Sothis and the Children of the Goddess. The first Crest was the Crest of Flames, given to Nemesis by Slither after he broke into the Holy Tomb and stole Sothis' still living body.

Rhea may have a Crest, but being that she is Seiros that Crest is natural for her. Crests appear in humans because they are born with enough of the blood of the Child their ancestor was infused with to make the Crest manifest. Seiros is a child of the Goddess, so her Crest is 100% a part of her.
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken

User Info: Rethalwolf

Rethalwolf
2 days ago#47
mada7 posted...
BardofDorAr posted...

Claude has near identical goals and goes about them with politics and compassion. If she could have looked at him as a friend instead of an incompetent rival they could easily have joined forces and accomplished what they wanted without going to all out war.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a golden path but the reality is that if our three young royals could have had a legitimate, honest and open sit-down a lot of things could have been avoided.

In theory yes but in practice doing something this bold requires some element of surprise and the only way that happens is if only the necessary people are kept in the loop. Given how close the Kingdom is to the church trusting Dimitri is out of the question. The odds of him going to Rhea and outing the plan are too high. Claude is generally seen as untrustworthy and it's not clear where his loyalties lie. The mistake was not telling the other black eagles (except Flayn) as they could be trusted to stay loyal. They knew in that tomb it'd be just Rhea and the black eagles (including Flayn). At most there'd be a handful of guards so they'd be able to murder Rhea, whatever guards she had with her, and Flayn (she's too loyal to the church) then plant one of the weapons in Flayn's hands, steal the stones and run. No witnesses other than loyal eagles left alive. Then with the church in disarray launch an all out assault on it to take it and put an end to the church before they could organize a defense. After that no war is needed. From there they'd be free to destroy the crests and overthrow the nobility with ease.

Since that scenario didn't happen the next best would be stirring up uprisings to get Dimitri to surrender Rhea and create enough of a political nightmare for him that he risks being killed if she's not handed over to the empire. Then again casualties would be kept to a minimum but the game would be more boring

Exactly. Ultimately, the reason it had to happen the way it did is that Claude and Dimitri couldn't be trusted - furthermore, part of her plan was to reunite the nation under one banner, and giving up power isn't really a thing people like to do. That part of the plan changed because of Byleth taking her side (as far as we know), but by then it was already too late.
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
2 days ago#48
Rethalwolf posted...
mada7 posted...
BardofDorAr posted...

Exactly. Ultimately, the reason it had to happen the way it did is that Claude and Dimitri couldn't be trusted - furthermore, part of her plan was to reunite the nation under one banner, and giving up power isn't really a thing people like to do. That part of the plan changed because of Byleth taking her side (as far as we know), but by then it was already too late.

This is false other routes show it she even tried to reach out to the other two they would have worked with her.
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
2 days ago#49
Cynrascal posted...
Plus noble houses prioritizing crests as being one's worth in the family and if you don't have one, you are of lower class in their eyes. Of course, that depends on the house. Caspar wasn't subjected to such prejudice and he was free to pursue his own life. However, houses like Slyvain and Lysthesia is a different story. So, I guess I'm going to continue to be one of those stubborn Edelgard who refuse to "see the light" even after I play other routes.

I mean the system isn't completely rigged since Hubert doesn't posses a crest yet he is a rich noble. Even in real life being born rich will guarantee an advantage over being born poor. Most people look down upon on the homeless, too. Might as well say that's very close to a crest system.

True equality will never exist in Fuhrer Edelgard's ideal world - or is she planning to make every house, family etc. equal in everyway? More fear and killing time, I suppose.
Pi times r squared
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Joflyer

Joflyer
2 days ago#50
Man I really big post in the other thread but then the whole thread vanished into the ether.

My take on the matter is it’s really frustrating how these threads devolve into black vs white, Church VS Edelgard, when their both in the wrong. Edelgard is completely justified in wanted to take down the Church and the Crest system.

The real question is Edelgard justified in how she chose to make that a reality? Basically starting World War 2 and causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands. And miss me “that’s just the way war is” as an defense of Edelgard. That IS the way war is and she chose to start one. She should absolutely be responsible and held accountable for the deaths caused in a war she willingly started, with no perturbance.

Edelgard is very much a gray character.

Probably my biggest complaint with Three Houses story is how it paints each Route as the “right” Route, when I really feel each route should have emphasized the tragedy of the entire ordeal. I’ll admit though, I’m not sure even I’d be into a game that bleak. But I think it’d have been really powerful if the game only hand one route and the choice between houses is which perspective of a singular story you take. Maybe even go really whole hog and have Byleth actually die at the time-skip point, so then you see how each houses in their raw form with out Byleth reigning them in.

As it stands, the fact that each route you choose being the “right/good” route seriously undermines a lot of moral nuance, especially for Edelgard.

Everyone getting their perfect happy ending undermines how Edelgard up ended the peace of Fodlan and is directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people. How Dimitri turned into a serial killer and tortured people. How Claude’s cowardice and inaction keeps letting a bad situation get worse.

(However, it should be noted Dimitri and Claude’s issues directly stems from Edelgard aggression.)

Of course though, like I said, that’s be an incredibly grim game.

Maybe the Church route could have been focused in just the Church characters during the whole ordeal and leads to Byleth and Sothis coming back for Professor to school everyone and hand the three lords + Rhea their asses to them.
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.