You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
2 days ago#31
Sandslashed posted...
TC you played Church route right? Did you play Edelgard’s route?
I’ve not done it yet, gonna do it after BL. But I do know the basics of what happens.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.
BardofDorAr posted...
He said if the war wasn't just the people would give backlash. That right there is a sign he's never heard of political maneuvering and manipulation.

Which is funny because he draws on it to point out the early attempts to villify the Church.

Which was done to falsely make the Church look worse than it was. Which in turn leads the average person to believe the lies of the Empire that justify war.

Which proves the War Unjust because they have to trick everyone to go with it vs being honest.
I've heard of political maneuvering and manipulation, I don't know why you're implying such things. Anyway it's completely fine to attack Edelgard on the premises of the war or because of being manipulated. Those can be legitimate and meaningful discussions. I just wanted to say war in itself isn't wholly wrong or bad. From a political standpoint, she declared war formally and properly.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
2 days ago#33
Esper69 posted...
These edelgard fanatics will do anything to make her look like a saint by adding more (untrue) flames about the church and justify starting a war.
I honestly dont blame em, fanaticism only means love, as love cannot be measured in number, only intensity.
It's Dimitri the Boar Prince, Edelgard-sama! Please let me handle it!

User Info: mada7

mada7
2 days ago#34
BardofDorAr posted...
She's wrong and it's proven in other routes

Claude has near identical goals and goes about them with politics and compassion. If she could have looked at him as a friend instead of an incompetent rival they could easily have joined forces and accomplished what they wanted without going to all out war.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a golden path but the reality is that if our three young royals could have had a legitimate, honest and open sit-down a lot of things could have been avoided.

In theory yes but in practice doing something this bold requires some element of surprise and the only way that happens is if only the necessary people are kept in the loop. Given how close the Kingdom is to the church trusting Dimitri is out of the question. The odds of him going to Rhea and outing the plan are too high. Claude is generally seen as untrustworthy and it's not clear where his loyalties lie. The mistake was not telling the other black eagles (except Flayn) as they could be trusted to stay loyal. They knew in that tomb it'd be just Rhea and the black eagles (including Flayn). At most there'd be a handful of guards so they'd be able to murder Rhea, whatever guards she had with her, and Flayn (she's too loyal to the church) then plant one of the weapons in Flayn's hands, steal the stones and run. No witnesses other than loyal eagles left alive. Then with the church in disarray launch an all out assault on it to take it and put an end to the church before they could organize a defense. After that no war is needed. From there they'd be free to destroy the crests and overthrow the nobility with ease.

Since that scenario didn't happen the next best would be stirring up uprisings to get Dimitri to surrender Rhea and create enough of a political nightmare for him that he risks being killed if she's not handed over to the empire. Then again casualties would be kept to a minimum but the game would be more boring
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
2 days ago#35
chughes724 posted...
Sandslashed posted...
TC you played Church route right? Did you play Edelgard’s route?
I’ve not done it yet, gonna do it after BL. But I do know the basics of what happens.

Then play them crests shouldn't be in anyone's hands because if you're too weak to control their power they turn you insane and into a beast. That is why you fight Rhea in the church route her Crest went out of control.

The church created the whole Crest system and it would take far too long to change the church from within because the whole belief of crests is wrong and fabricated. Her choice was the best to save more people in the long run end of story no questions asked. People don't change their beliefs on the fly like that.

Noisette
2 days ago#36
mada7 posted...
BardofDorAr posted...
She's wrong and it's proven in other routes

Claude has near identical goals and goes about them with politics and compassion. If she could have looked at him as a friend instead of an incompetent rival they could easily have joined forces and accomplished what they wanted without going to all out war.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a golden path but the reality is that if our three young royals could have had a legitimate, honest and open sit-down a lot of things could have been avoided.

In theory yes but in practice doing something this bold requires some element of surprise and the only way that happens is if only the necessary people are kept in the loop. Given how close the Kingdom is to the church trusting Dimitri is out of the question. The odds of him going to Rhea and outing the plan are too high. Claude is generally seen as untrustworthy and it's not clear where his loyalties lie. The mistake was not telling the other black eagles (except Flayn) as they could be trusted to stay loyal. They knew in that tomb it'd be just Rhea and the black eagles (including Flayn). At most there'd be a handful of guards so they'd be able to murder Rhea, whatever guards she had with her, and Flayn (she's too loyal to the church) then plant one of the weapons in Flayn's hands, steal the stones and run. No witnesses other than loyal eagles left alive. Then with the church in disarray launch an all out assault on it to take it and put an end to the church before they could organize a defense. After that no war is needed. From there they'd be free to destroy the crests and overthrow the nobility with ease.

Since that scenario didn't happen the next best would be stirring up uprisings to get Dimitri to surrender Rhea and create enough of a political nightmare for him that he risks being killed if she's not handed over to the empire. Then again casualties would be kept to a minimum but the game would be more boring

El knew Rhea was a dragon do you really think the kids could've handled her back then? El's goal wasn't to murder her then rather steal crest stones so they can craft her axe and make more beasts for the Slithers. And none of the eagles could be trusted they follow the professor not El.

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
2 days ago#37
Noisette posted...
Then play them crests shouldn't be in anyone's hands because if you're too weak to control their power they turn you insane and into a beast. That is why you fight Rhea in the church route her Crest went out of control.

Considering what Crests are I heavily doubt this.
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken

Noisette
2 days ago#38
Luminozero posted...
Noisette posted...

It happens in the church route there's no doubt at all it is a fact.

It also happened to Marriane's brother or whatever it was.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: suburbshulk

suburbshulk
2 days ago#39
Noisette posted...
Luminozero posted...
Noisette posted...

Uh.... Rhea went insane because of dragon degeneration lol.

Noisette
2 days ago#40
suburbshulk posted...
Noisette posted...
Luminozero posted...
Noisette posted...

Uh.... Rhea went insane because of dragon degeneration lol.

Is that what people say because of old FE or does the story say that? Because the story says her Crest went out of control.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.