You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#241
Omega203 posted...
SC6 posted...
Dimitri went to her to interject Kingdom suppressing Duscar rebelion (during the game). Also to bail out Rodrigue (THE ACTING KING)

This is because he is a student at the monastery, and Rhea is the leader of the monastery. It's like you have to ask the principal or superintendent before going on a field trip. Rhea has that authority only because they are students at her school.

Questionable. Still a crowned prince needing to handle internal affair.

But other point still stands.

On top of this Rhea still asks Byleth to instruct the students that opposing the Church will earn punishment.
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#242
SC6 posted...

On top of this Rhea still asks Byleth to instruct the students that opposing the Church will earn punishment.

Pointing the sword against means actively attacking the church

We have atheists like Shamir and people who believe in other religions like Brigid and Dedue being quite alive
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

SC6
2 days ago#243
Vayu_The_End posted...
SC6 posted...
Rhea is the go to person for solving your problems. The church gave the Kingdom and Alliance their sovereignty from the Empire

Not really, they just negotiated the terms for a peace treaty between the two. The only reason it got to that point is because the Empire failed to beat and reintegrate the kingdom.

Church had nothing to do with the Alliance, the Empire was just lost the war against them.

In Imperial Year 751, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus seceded from the Empire after winning the War of the Eagle and Lion. The Church crowned Faerghus's first king, Loog of House Blaiddyd, and granted his nation autonomy. In 801, the region of Leicester rebelled against the Empire, and the Kingdom took the opportunity to occupy the region. In 861, the death of King Klaus I led his three sons to partition the Kingdom into three parts, with each of them ruling a part as an archduke. The death of the archduke of Leicester in 881 gave the Leicester lords the chance to form an alliance rather than accept his heir, sparking the Crescent Moon War. In 901, the war ended with the founding of the Leicester Alliance under the leadership of the influential Duke of Riegan.

Oh nevermind I remembered it's the church occupying Leicester.
Not a minor influence when they're impacting all of Fodlan.

SC6
2 days ago#244
Fresita posted...
SC6 posted...

Pointing the sword against means actively attacking the church

We have atheists like Shamir and people who believe in other religions like Brigid and Dedue being quite alive

Lonato wasn't actively attacking the church. Nor did he raise an actual army.
No one else is voicing disproval.

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#245
SC6 posted...

The expression "personal vendetta" is not used there to fill in the silence in that chapter
Sorry for bad english , I try my best
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: doodlecrazy

doodlecrazy
2 days ago#246
chughes724 posted...
I’m a big Edelgard fan. Love her character, and I totally understand her motivations. I don’t think she’s evil at all. However, I can’t use that as an excuse. She is entirely wrong in the story. She has good motivations, I understand completely what she wants and why she wants it. The problem is how she goes about achieving it. Rather than tell everyone what she went through, and try to change the system from within, she declares war. Why?! What exactly has Rhea and the Church done, other than help people? She calls her a tyrant, but how does that work? The worst thing Rhea did was lie about the origins of the Church and Crests. Ok, how is that bad? She took the worst event of her life, and made it less gruesome, likely to honor her mother and fallen friends. How would knowing the actual events change anything for the common people? They likely wouldn’t care. And sure, she can be ruthless. But only against the people who attack her first. Edelgard’s problem is that she is blaming the wrong people for her legitimate grievances. She’s using the Church as a target, something she can attack. But ultimately, she’s not doing the right thing. Edelgard is a flawed, ultimately misguided character. I still love her to death, and I wish we had the option to convince her of the flaws in her plan. Ultimately however, she cannot be dissuaded.

Yeah, pretty much how I feel about it, I can empathize, but I can't support it.

SC6
2 days ago#247
Fresita posted...
SC6 posted...

The expression "personal vendetta" is not used there to fill in the silence in that chapter

lel rewatched gameplay for that chapter in the BL route... pretty looney stuff. Lonato motivated by loss of his son and I'm guessing Western Church telling him Rhea's not human

Do want to point out they're close enough to Lonato's town for Ashe to run there on foot.
Central Church was definitely marching.

I'm still irked by lack of trial and investigation.

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
2 days ago#248
chughes724 posted...
I’m a big Edelgard fan. Love her character, and I totally understand her motivations. I don’t think she’s evil at all. However, I can’t use that as an excuse. She is entirely wrong in the story. She has good motivations, I understand completely what she wants and why she wants it. The problem is how she goes about achieving it. Rather than tell everyone what she went through, and try to change the system from within, she declares war. Why?! What exactly has Rhea and the Church done, other than help people? She calls her a tyrant, but how does that work? The worst thing Rhea did was lie about the origins of the Church and Crests. Ok, how is that bad? She took the worst event of her life, and made it less gruesome, likely to honor her mother and fallen friends. How would knowing the actual events change anything for the common people? They likely wouldn’t care. And sure, she can be ruthless. But only against the people who attack her first. Edelgard’s problem is that she is blaming the wrong people for her legitimate grievances. She’s using the Church as a target, something she can attack. But ultimately, she’s not doing the right thing. Edelgard is a flawed, ultimately misguided character. I still love her to death, and I wish we had the option to convince her of the flaws in her plan. Ultimately however, she cannot be dissuaded.

This is pretty much why I don't intend on doing her route again any time soon.

The fact of the matter is that her perception of Fodlans history is wrong on so many accounts.

Doesn't mean she's badly written. If anything, she's still an interesting take on a character, but I can't deny the bad taste in my mouth I got after finishing her story.

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
2 days ago#249
SC6 posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
SC6 posted...
Rhea is the go to person for solving your problems. The church gave the Kingdom and Alliance their sovereignty from the Empire

Not really, they just negotiated the terms for a peace treaty between the two. The only reason it got to that point is because the Empire failed to beat and reintegrate the kingdom.

Church had nothing to do with the Alliance, the Empire was just lost the war against them.

In Imperial Year 751, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus seceded from the Empire after winning the War of the Eagle and Lion. The Church crowned Faerghus's first king, Loog of House Blaiddyd, and granted his nation autonomy. In 801, the region of Leicester rebelled against the Empire, and the Kingdom took the opportunity to occupy the region. In 861, the death of King Klaus I led his three sons to partition the Kingdom into three parts, with each of them ruling a part as an archduke. The death of the archduke of Leicester in 881 gave the Leicester lords the chance to form an alliance rather than accept his heir, sparking the Crescent Moon War. In 901, the war ended with the founding of the Leicester Alliance under the leadership of the influential Duke of Riegan.

Oh nevermind I remembered it's the church occupying Leicester.
Not a minor influence when they're impacting all of Fodlan.

As I've stated before, it only got to that point because the Empire lost the war. The Church just helped negotiate terms for peace.
We are now in the era of Spongebob:
Get ready for Battle for Bikini Bottom remake.
suburbshulk posted...
Every day more Edelgad fans see the light. Good topic TC.

Thank goodness.
I got two 500 topics in the same week on the FFXV boards, so that's how boring my job is
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.