You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.

User Info: sylawaatch

sylawaatch
2 days ago#231
Esper69 posted...
Hahahhaa no. Evidence sugest otherwise. They nuke the world first sothis had to clean up their mess. But i guess a word of a pitch black organization is more credible than dragons huh?
No they built the nukes and Sothis attacked them before they even used them.
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif

User Info: Esper69

Esper69
2 days ago#232
Play01 posted...
No the blame for what Fodlan has become lies entirely on Seiros and Argeanten lol I know I spell that wrong.
More like agarthans and nemesis. Seiros is in a way is a victim to their wrongdoing as well. And it was only through them that relics and crest is a thing and drove seitos to build a religion based on her dead mother.

User Info: Joflyer

Joflyer
2 days ago#233
I see we're at the part of the thread where people start making stuff up. Only about 150 so or most posts before we start discussing real world politics.

Something I always found irritating are people coming and saying that anti-Edelgard people can't "handle a grey character" or how they need every conflict to be black and white...

But I haven't seen anyone make the argument that Edelgard is a bad character or poorly written or a negative for the game. The main argument isn't that Edelgard is a bad character, its that she's a bad person.

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#234
Joflyer posted...
I see we're at the part of the thread where people start making stuff up. Only about 150 so or most posts before we start discussing real world politics.

Something I always found irritating are people coming and saying that anti-Edelgard people can't "handle a grey character" or how they need every conflict to be black and white...

But I haven't seen anyone make the argument that Edelgard is a bad character or poorly written or a negative for the game. The main argument isn't that Edelgard is a bad character, its that she's a bad person.

Very much so.

And tragically, it's not even her fault that she ended up the way she is.

A cruel world indeed.

User Info: sylawaatch

sylawaatch
2 days ago#235
Esper69 posted...
More like agarthans and nemesis. Seiros is in a way is a victim to their wrongdoing as well. And it was only through them that relics and crest is a thing and drove seitos to build a religion based on her dead mother.
Yeah but people like you just want to to paint the Agarthans as the bad guys that are responsible for all the conflict in the story when Seiros played a big part in it as well. You can't just pin it all on one faction.
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif

Esper69
2 days ago#236
sylawaatch posted...
No they built the nukes and Sothis attacked them before they even used them.
Lol thats just headcannon. You clearly take what arundel says at face value when there was a clear source. Stop deluding yourself into thinking that the agarthans ARE NOT evil. Sothis did not attack first. Agarthan use the nukes on people over the world making apocalypse s*** that sothis have to clean up later. This matches with the later stories that nemesis is evil and just plain bandits. This is the canon facts and always will be. Anything said by arundel are just straight up lies. So stop your bulls***ing. This is fiction. Having a morally black character is not uncommom in fiction.

Esper69
2 days ago#237
sylawaatch posted...
Yeah but people like you just want to to paint the Agarthans as the bad guys that are responsible for all the conflict in the story when Seiros played a big part in it as well. You can't just pin it all on one faction.
Im tired of you lmao. You and your delusion that always paint the nonhumans as the aggresor. Get it through your thick skull. THE AGARTHANS STARTED THEM ALL.

User Info: Play01

Play01
2 days ago#238
Joflyer posted...

Yup that's what always happen in these threads and I agree %. I also like how much Byleth is skipped over in all these arguments despite them being the main protagonist.

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#239
Omega203 posted...
if she has a real plan to make people put less stock in crests, he would be willing to listen and probably help.

LOL I honestly don't think she had a plan for reducing the dependency on crests without uniting all of Fodlan under her. I don't think anyone did pre time skip. You have to get everyone to believe the Crests are not a gift from the goddess and not important at all. Even IS conveniently wrote an one-liner epilogue for everyone. They just achieved this lol

Omega203 posted...
If she would give him information on TWISTED and who was behind the tragedy, he would be all over it.

Does she know at the time though? We're lead to believe this based on what Cornelia says which is during the war phase.

Omega203 posted...
This is wrong. Only Felix says that, and he's known to somewhat of an a******.

It's also in his profile in game. Besides, if Felix calls him that in the academy. Everyone will hear it.
But we're talking about pre academy, so we can ignore that. But I'm pretty sure Kingdom suppressing the rebellion with an army led by Dimitri is recorded in the library and can be inferred to be common knowledge

Omega203 posted...
Thales claimed responsibility for Duscur. Again, he has Thales and the flame emperor interacting, and in way that suggested the flame emperor was superior. Now, if you know it's Edelgard, I suppose you could just interpret that as her usual arrogance

I might've missed this, but I'm just about to hit time skip in BL and I don't recall Thales every mentioning Duscar.
Domitri also catches Flame Emperor threatening to end Thales if they try Remire again. Just as easy to interpret that Flame Emperor is against taking civilian lives. After all, Remire is even the Church's territory.

Omega203 posted...
He doesn't know she is gearing up for war. Only Edelgard knows that. That's one of the main reason I'm saying she bears more responsibility for the lack of communication. Even, if you're saying he knows the flame emperor is Edelgard (he doesn't; he only has suspicions, and is in denial), he doesn't know anything about the flame emperor's plans.

I'm pretty sure Thales declared wanting to overthrow the church.
Dimitri gave this whole shpeal to Byleth that it's the same knife he gave to Edelgard when they're kids. He's confident it's the same knife.

He's more sure about Flame Emperor being Edelgard than Edelgard orchestrating a royal assassination.
If we're acting based on definitive proof, he's still jumping the gun pinning Duscar on her.

I don't remember exact quote so I could be wrong. If Thales owned up to Duscar, then I take all this back lol

Still hilarious that it's painfully obvious Edelgard is the Flame Emperor in BL route but no one says or does anything.
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: NinoTheSage

NinoTheSage
2 days ago#240
Esper69 posted...
Theres a lot of things sugesting otherwise though. The fact that sothis herself is good peacelover. The fact that rhea's stories match with how nemesis really is. And the fact that said words are coming from someone who's literaly have no shades of gray.
I agree, that's why I said it's speculation and doesn't matter when the current TWSITD is, well, unquestionably evil.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.