You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#11
Finally people are starting to play the other routes.

I also like Edelgard, and totally sympathize with what she is attempting to accomplish.

But her way is wrong. And she won't budge.
I dunno why everyone has a problem with her declaring war. Declaring war and leveraging military power is a legitimate political and diplomatic tool. If the war was unjust she'd experience backlash and diminished support from her citizens and country. Did you miss when Rhea had the Western Church purged and executed for being manipulated by TWSITD? They go through great lengths in the early game to paint her as unforgiving and overzealous with how she handles transgressions against the church and how she demands complete obedience of the church's dogmas.

The biggest problem with Edelgard is her cooperation with TWSITD which is completely unnecessary and unjustified.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: GSenjou

GSenjou
2 days ago#13
chughes724 posted...
What exactly has Rhea and the Church done, other than help people?

chughes724 posted...
Sheโ€™s using the Church as a target, something she can attack.

??? The church perpetuates the crest system, which is what she's trying to get rid of.
FGO: Aoba 798,571,229

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#14
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: BardofDorAr

BardofDorAr
2 days ago#15
She's wrong and it's proven in other routes

Claude has near identical goals and goes about them with politics and compassion. If she could have looked at him as a friend instead of an incompetent rival they could easily have joined forces and accomplished what they wanted without going to all out war.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a golden path but the reality is that if our three young royals could have had a legitimate, honest and open sit-down a lot of things could have been avoided.

User Info: lowell666

lowell666
2 days ago#16
SerenityOfGames posted...
I dunno why everyone has a problem with her declaring war. Declaring war and leveraging military power is a legitimate political and diplomatic tool. If the war was unjust she'd experience backlash and diminished support from her citizens and country. Did you miss when Rhea had the Western Church purged and executed for being manipulated by TWSITD? They go through great lengths in the early game to paint her as unforgiving and overzealous with how she handles transgressions against the church and how she demands complete obedience of the church's dogmas.

The biggest problem with Edelgard is her cooperation with TWSITD which is completely unnecessary and unjustified.

Hmmm, I donโ€™t know. Might have to do with all the people that end up dying as a result of said war. Possibly
Part of the flat Earth society. We have members all around the world
Nice topic, TC.

I'd just like to add that I appreciate IS making a FE game where you're on the side of the conqurers, especially after the conquest debacle.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.
(message deleted)

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
2 days ago#19
lowell666 posted...
Hmmm, I donโ€™t know. Might have to do with all the people that end up dying as a result of said war. Possibly
Everybody dies, not everyone keep their promises, and I'm glad El is keeping hers.
It's Dimitri the Boar Prince, Edelgard-sama! Please let me handle it!

User Info: EmrelGuy

EmrelGuy
2 days ago#20
She wanted to end the churchโ€™s crest system. She did.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.