You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
2 days ago#1
I’m a big Edelgard fan. Love her character, and I totally understand her motivations. I don’t think she’s evil at all. However, I can’t use that as an excuse. She is entirely wrong in the story. She has good motivations, I understand completely what she wants and why she wants it. The problem is how she goes about achieving it. Rather than tell everyone what she went through, and try to change the system from within, she declares war. Why?! What exactly has Rhea and the Church done, other than help people? She calls her a tyrant, but how does that work? The worst thing Rhea did was lie about the origins of the Church and Crests. Ok, how is that bad? She took the worst event of her life, and made it less gruesome, likely to honor her mother and fallen friends. How would knowing the actual events change anything for the common people? They likely wouldn’t care. And sure, she can be ruthless. But only against the people who attack her first. Edelgard’s problem is that she is blaming the wrong people for her legitimate grievances. She’s using the Church as a target, something she can attack. But ultimately, she’s not doing the right thing. Edelgard is a flawed, ultimately misguided character. I still love her to death, and I wish we had the option to convince her of the flaws in her plan. Ultimately however, she cannot be dissuaded.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
2 days ago#2
Pretty much how I feel. I like Edelgard as a character, I don't agree with what she does. Even in her own route it didn't feel like they were trying hard to sell me on it.

User Info: suburbshulk

suburbshulk
2 days ago#3
Every day more Edelgad fans see the light. Good topic TC.
She kept going on about wanting to "unite Fodlan."
chughes724 posted...
Edelgard is a flawed, ultimately misguided character. I still love her to death, and I wish we had the option to convince her of the flaws in her plan. Ultimately however, she cannot be dissuaded.

Plus, it would be a pretty boring FE without a war.
Caution: If post makes contact with eye, rinse with water thoroughly for 20 minutes.

User Info: Esper69

Esper69
2 days ago#6
Edelgard starts the war based on false information which was passed down by the empire from generations (no, info passed down by generation in an empire invested by twsitd is not a well founded information, especially when its getting refuted by nemesis himself being outright evil in GD). Rhea does have more bad deeds other than that lies doe. She tries to kill byleth to ressurect sothis. The only reason byleth still live is cuz sothis didnt want it and decide to instead sacrifice her chance for rebirth to save byleth.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Nakedbacon

Nakedbacon
2 days ago#7
Great another Edelgard topic.

But I appreciate you not defending Edelgard to try to justify you liking her. You’re aloud to like her even if she’s wrong so I’m glad you see that.
If I can change my name I would. You can find me everywhere else as OrcaWolf.

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
2 days ago#8
Nakedbacon posted...

But I appreciate you not defending Edelgard to try to justify you liking her. You’re aloud to like her even if she’s wrong so I’m glad you see that.
Yeah, I’m not just gonna defend the actions of someone I like. I just wish you could make her see she’s wrong.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
2 days ago#9
Wish my Byleth could meet El at a younger age, and help push her to the right path. "I wanted to have walked with you too El."
It's Dimitri the Boar Prince, Edelgard-sama! Please let me handle it!

User Info: Esper69

Esper69
2 days ago#10
chughes724 posted...
Nakedbacon posted...

Yeah, I’m not just gonna defend the actions of someone I like. I just wish you could make her see she’s wrong.

Carefull, you're going to attract edelgard's psycho fanatics that will do anything to make her look like a saint (saying war is good, disregarding information from other routes, deluding themself that only her routes exist, symphatizing with twsitd and agarthans and said that they are justified, thinking that trusting twsitd is a good idea, saying rhea is more evil then nemesis, saying sothis is evil, etc.)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. As much as I love Edelgard, I have to admit it: she's wrong.