You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Will Eddie as an emperor be left behind on the battlefield?

User Info: Ein

Ein
2 days ago#11
The only person who gets left behind is the one that casts Stride

User Info: sosoft01

sosoft01
2 days ago#12
Ein posted...
The only person who gets left behind is the one that casts Stride

Totally agree. So many players just ignore support gambits.

User Info: ksaf

ksaf
2 days ago#13
On that note, which unit should have it? The healer? Dancer will already be dancing and Dps dpsing... So it makes sense... Might recruit Marianne and make her a holy knight to support/attack/heal as needed while Lind stays as a bishop for double warp and heals...

User Info: warriorman222

warriorman222
2 days ago#14
sosoft01 posted...
Totally agree. So many players just ignore support gambits.
Cavalry still have more Mov (though admittedly the gap is closer) and Canto (which is more valuable since Stride is frequently overkill), and if there's a ton of bushes they can dismount for that turn only, get a speed boost out of it anyways and keep charging ahead from that turn onward because the Stride user isn't catching up for a while.

Also, Wyvern Lord El can use that 13 Mov over walls deserts and bushes without penalty, so in addition to having more Str and Spd she's still usually more mobile without Stride than Emperor is with it.
How to not care: http://i.imgur.com/G3hKKOO.png How to say no: http://i.imgur.com/J0YBPHP.png
3DS FC: 3866-8698-4754

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
2 days ago#15
Make her a Wyvern Lord because she's Daenerys.

She is not worthy of the same class as Hardin and Arvis.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Vic10

Vic10
2 days ago#16
I left her as Emperor in my hard/classic run, and she definitely got left behind if I didn't stride or warp her. BE does naturally get Lindhart with warp, and you can recruit Lysithea or Manuela (I went with Lys) for a 2nd warp user so it's not all bad if you want to keep her Emperor, you just won't be as efficient.
Gamertag/PSN: THKVL
3DS Friend Code: 0576-3863-9585, FE Fates Castle: 01667-79296-46859-90696
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: ksaf

ksaf
2 days ago#17
Alright. Thanks for all the info.

User Info: Zer0billion

Zer0billion
2 days ago#18
She'll be dead on the battlefield if I have any say in it.

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
2 days ago#19
Edelgard usually didn't have trouble keeping up with everyone else, mostly because the whole army moved in unison for the most part. Even then, I always keep Stride handy; she was able to keep up with Judith while she was fleeing. Once I recruited Lysithea (I'm pretty sure Byleth always has the option of sparing her), keeping up never became a concern for Edelgard at all.

For bigger maps that necessitated splitting up like Arianrhod and Fhirdiad, I just had Edelgard travel through the middle routes while the more mobile members of the army went through the longer side paths. It's not like 3H's maps are as big as Geneology's, where poor Arden never gets to do anything except castlesit because everyone else is faster than him.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: Edelmain

Edelmain
2 days ago#20
Feel free to make her a Wyvern Lord - it's a good option for her.

She doesn't usually get left too far behind if you leave her as Emperor, though - you'll often be given the opportunity to split up your army, or want to let your mages position themselves for a counterattack, which lets her get back in range. She doesn't contribute as much as she would with a better class, but she's hardly wasted either.

That said, I didn't mount my mages, so half of my army was pretty slow compared to what they could be - depending on what the other half of your army is, you might have more issues.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Will Eddie as an emperor be left behind on the battlefield?