• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Final boss of the church route gave me a really hard time. Don't understand why

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#11
It took me 40 turns, my Byleth was lv 40 ish. I am bad at understanding mechanics so I didn't know how to use gambits effectively. I still don't actually.

Towards the end, everyone else just cheered on Byleth, Catherine and freaking Cyril of all people as they smacked Rhea for several turns to chip her health away as my healers topped them off as needed.

._.
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
1 month ago#12
I just beat that boss as well and yeah, I had trouble. and had to use pretty much all of my dragon pulses (playing hard/classic) and almost all my heals. Also I had very few gambits left when I actually made it to the final boss so all I could really do is slowly whittle the boss down focussing on one weak point at a time per round. Overall it took me 32 turns.

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
1 month ago#13
BloodMoon7 posted...
It took me 40 turns, my Byleth was lv 40 ish. I am bad at understanding mechanics so I didn't know how to use gambits effectively. I still don't actually.

Towards the end, everyone else just cheered on Byleth, Catherine and freaking Cyril of all people as they smacked Rhea for several turns to chip her health away as my healers topped them off as needed.

._.

vs "boss mosters" the most efficient way to use gambits is to open with a big one to dmg as many tiles as you can then follow up with a second one from someone else. after that have someone who can tank use a gambit to pull the aggro away from your squishier members while everyone else starts attacking.
"you cannot let yourself be held back by common sense " -Sanae Kochiya

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
1 month ago#14
I just beat this last night and it took me like two hours, really long battle.

I was on Hard/Classic and had to Divine Pulse when I realized she can center it on her allies; I honestly thought I'd lose all my charges but it was alright after that first mistake.

I split my team into two, one Res and Def tank on either side and a Physic user on the weaker side. Also bow user on each side, and maybe some blessed weapons to break monster tiles easier.

Also keep your a weaker unit on the Onager to break the Golem tiles in advance; they will be healed by enemy Physic users but you can leaver one square intact to break it when you walk up to them.

For the last part, I had everyone huddle on a side of the top stairs and used Stride to get everyone in range of TIO; Monster killer Arts, Sublime Heaven and Catherine's Faudroyant Strike all destroy tiles in one hit, but obviously used Gambits according to how many tiles you need to destroy.

I did this but I missed quite a few Gambits and she got her shields up again, but I had Fortify Flayn out of TIO's damage range to heal the damage.
After that I just repeated everything and got a few lucky 60% hits and broke her shields and killed her.

I was around level 43-39.

Bernadetta carried this map really hard, pinpoint accuracy and damage.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th

User Info: meestermj

meestermj
1 month ago#15
Byleth was about 47, rest of team was 42-45.
Broke her barrier with Sword of the Creator (my gambits did nothing. However, relic weapon arts broke a tile 100% of the time), then stomped her little by little on that one square.

Thunderbrand art always broke a tile, guaranteed.
Psn: beastlytoast
Left-handed fire-slapsies leave me feeling confused about life. - Merydia

User Info: Null_Mime

Null_Mime
1 month ago#16
Berserk Rhea is one of the few enemies you can't brute force solo with a maxed Byleth. She gains her armour back after every turn, can't be critted with armour up and heals 100% of her current health bar if you don't take it to zero.

Which is pretty funny, because, she couldn't kill me at all either. She did 15 damage to me every turn, which was healed off easily with Renewal + Seiros shield.

At the very least, you're gonna need your dancer behind you the whole time, so you can take out her armour on the first attack, and take her health bar down on the second attack.
PSN: NullMime
Pawn: Cecilia | 200 | Mage

User Info: meestermj

meestermj
1 month ago#17
Null_Mime posted...
heals 100% of her current health bar if you don't take it to zero.
Incorrect.
She only heals if there's a "white beast" within 10 squares of her.
Kill the Beast to the northwest of the map, and she won't heal.
Psn: beastlytoast
Left-handed fire-slapsies leave me feeling confused about life. - Merydia

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#18
jw91 posted...
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
imthestuntman posted...
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
EmrelGuy posted...
Did you gambit them

Everyone else was dead, and Byleth could not have them as a Falcon knight for some reason.
I managed to beat it, but it took an hour give or take.

Monsters aren't built to be solo'd. This is absolutely a case of casual mode allowing you to be too wreckless and you losing because of not understanding pretty basic game mechanics.

Simply put had literally 1 more unit been alive you would have probably had no problems. Anyone trying to keep their people alive wouldn't have had this issue.

.... I didn't lose though. It just took a good while.

It's impossible to lose in casual mode unless one is dumb enough to get Byleth killed. And why did you have Byleth as a flier anyway?

Because she is awesome as a falcon knight and I love the armor design.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Official Rhea of the Fire Emblem: Three houses board. Prof Althena & Archbishop Rhea OTP 4 life.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Final boss of the church route gave me a really hard time. Don't understand why
  • Topic Archived