• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Final boss of the church route gave me a really hard time. Don't understand why

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#1
80/80.

Professor level was 60. Gave her every single stat up item in the entire game, even the ones that could be bought, every single time the game would let me, in addition to harvesting.

Normal/casual difficulty.

Took out every enemy on the map, and lost all my people in the process.

Could not do more than 7 points of damage to the final boss, despite all this.

56 rounds to complete the map.

Either something was wrong, or this boss needs nerfed. I wont even touch it on the higher difficulties knowing this.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Official Rhea of the Fire Emblem: Three houses board. Prof Althena & Archbishop Rhea OTP 4 life.

User Info: EmrelGuy

EmrelGuy
1 month ago#2
Did you gambit them

User Info: Shadows_Of_Fall

Shadows_Of_Fall
1 month ago#3
Gambit > break a tile > attack w/o boss immunities > win
Favorite Games: D&D 5e, Witcher 3, Smash Ultimate, Total War Warhammer 2, Tales of Vesperia DE, Final Fantasy XIV, Persona 5, Overwatch, Dragonball FighterZ

User Info: jw91

jw91
1 month ago#4
How? How could you possibly have had that much trouble?

Gambit the s*** out of everybody on the map (except the squishy mages). Isolate strong enemies from the clusters of weaker ones, then chip 'em and kill 'em. Lather, rinse repeat until you get to the boss.

The boss herself is basically a damage sponge, and though she has powerful attacks, she barely ever hits (most of the time her hit number wasn't anywhere above 60, but if it was higher than I was comfortable with, I moved my units out of range). Do heal or move a unit away from range if anyone falls to half health. If you have any gambits left, use them. I pretty much killed her with bug bites and only lost Cyril, who was under-leveled anyway; I Divine Pulsed him back to life just so I could end with no casualties.

Also, forged Brave Bows do wonders if you have a good bow-wielder.

I will grant you that the battle was mega long, but to actually lose that many units in it?

My Byleth was level 52. Same difficulty, but on Classic. My other units ranged between levels 30-45.

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#5
EmrelGuy posted...
Did you gambit them

Everyone else was dead, and Byleth could not have them as a Falcon knight for some reason.
I managed to beat it, but it took an hour give or take.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Official Rhea of the Fire Emblem: Three houses board. Prof Althena & Archbishop Rhea OTP 4 life.

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
1 month ago#6
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
EmrelGuy posted...
Did you gambit them

Everyone else was dead, and Byleth could not have them as a Falcon knight for some reason.

Fliers can only use Flying battalions. when you reclass into a flier you unequip your battalion unless its a flying one.
"you cannot let yourself be held back by common sense " -Sanae Kochiya

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#7
darkknight39 posted...
EmrelGuy posted...
Did you gambit them

Fliers can only use Flying battalions. when you reclass into a flier you unequip your battalion unless its a flying one.

Authority must not have been high enough, then.
I'll be smarter next time.

User Info: imthestuntman

imthestuntman
1 month ago#8
EmrelGuy posted...
Did you gambit them

Monsters aren't built to be solo'd. This is absolutely a case of casual mode allowing you to be too wreckless and you losing because of not understanding pretty basic game mechanics.

Simply put had literally 1 more unit been alive you would have probably had no problems. Anyone trying to keep their people alive wouldn't have had this issue.
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.

xx_SaintBoot_xx
1 month ago#9
imthestuntman posted...
EmrelGuy posted...
Did you gambit them

Monsters aren't built to be solo'd. This is absolutely a case of casual mode allowing you to be too wreckless and you losing because of not understanding pretty basic game mechanics.

Simply put had literally 1 more unit been alive you would have probably had no problems. Anyone trying to keep their people alive wouldn't have had this issue.

.... I didn't lose though. It just took a good while.

User Info: jw91

jw91
1 month ago#10
imthestuntman posted...
EmrelGuy posted...
Did you gambit them

.... I didn't lose though. It just took a good while.

It's impossible to lose in casual mode unless one is dumb enough to get Byleth killed. And why did you have Byleth as a flier anyway?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Final boss of the church route gave me a really hard time. Don't understand why
  • Topic Archived