• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. First playthrough - church or black eagles route? *Minor spoilers*

User Info: Daramue

Daramue
1 week ago#1
So naturally I got to the part in Chapter 10 where I must choose to go with Edelgard or choose to stay, effectively putting me on either the Black Eagles route or Church route. I intend to do both and I've read as much as I could without spoiling things about the "best order", since I fully intend to play all routes eventually.

It sounds as though Edelgard's route is tumultuous and that's pretty exciting, but it seems to be the general consensus that the Church route is the better one to play through first. I'm afraid if I do Edelgard's route first, the church route will seem pretty lame in comparison.

I suppose that is my question, since people seem to be split - A lot of people also seem to contend that it doesn't matter which you do first. It's my first playthrough, should I do the church route first for best experience?

Please tag spoilers - I am still on Chapter 10. Thanks in advance.
"I object....for objection's sake!" ~Franziska Von Karma
"How many horse-powers does it have, Mr. Nick? How many horsies?" ~ Pearl Fey

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#2
Church is longer, and is more of a traditional hero’s story. As much as I love Edelgard, she’s very much an anti hero. That’s the best I can say without spoiling.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: Cramot

Cramot
1 week ago#3
Map wise church is very similar to GD, so if you want mostly unique maps Edel is better.

That being said I consider church to be the better route story and character wise (Albeit GD is still better in that)
Hanlon's Razor - an aphorism expressed in various ways including "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity,"

User Info: MiniMarioBros

MiniMarioBros
1 week ago#4
I went church first and I’m about to reach the cut off point for the second one. I’ve heard that the black eagles route is disappointing, (the church one certainly wasn’t,) so if you intend to play all four routes, I’d say Church then BE, but if not, BE then Church.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 week ago#5
Create a seperate save state at this point and play both.
Playing:
PS4: Crash Team Racing. N.Switch: Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. SNES Mini: Super Mario World. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: DQI

User Info: TalesofLizalfos

TalesofLizalfos
1 week ago#6
Church is easier, but BE has the better story and characters.
- My theme song: https://youtu.be/GdYkIF3C7PY
- The song is "Blooming Villian" from Persona 5 for those who don't click links in sigs.

User Info: Esper69

Esper69
1 week ago#7
Go either gd or church firsf. The amount of false info about the true lore you got from el's route are insane.

User Info: MiniMarioBros

MiniMarioBros
1 week ago#8
Esper69 posted...
Go either gd or church firsf. The amount of false info about the true lore you got from el's route are insane.

Does she lie that much?

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#9
MiniMarioBros posted...
Esper69 posted...

Does she lie that much?

It's less Edelgard lying and more her information coming from very unreliable sources that she never bothers questioning because story related reasons.

Much of what is espoused by Edelgard regarding the lore in the game is directly contradicted by a first hand source in two different routes and has nothing in game actually backing up her assertions.
We are now in the era of Spongebob:
Get ready for Battle for Bikini Bottom remake.

User Info: Esper69

Esper69
1 week ago#10
Vayu_The_End posted...
It's less Edelgard lying and more her information coming from very unreliable sources that she never bothers questioning because story related reasons.

Much of what is espoused by Edelgard regarding the lore in the game is directly contradicted by a first hand source in two different routes and has nothing in game actually backing up her assertions.
This.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. First playthrough - church or black eagles route? *Minor spoilers*
  • Topic Archived