• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So, what to do with the golden deer students?

User Info: misterhuffnpuff

misterhuffnpuff
1 week ago#1
I started my third playthrough after BE and BL and started playing the Claude route.

I'm kinda miffed about how to build some characters and who to recruit.

I'm keeping Claude as an Archer and keep him in his official class.

Hilda: wyvern Lord
Leonie: bow knight
Marianne: bishop >holy knight
Lysithea: gremorie
Raphael: brawler > warmaster

Lorenz and ignatz are the ones I'm more undecided, I don't like to have duplicate classes and need a dancer.

Lorenz could be a dark Knight or a paladin

And ignatz has the skills to become a bow knight, but I heard he pales in comparison to leonie as one.

Also, which classes am I missing and who are best for them? Maybe another mage would be nice?

I really like falcon knights too, Ingrid just dodged everything in the BL final map, but I don't want to use her a third (and possibly forth for my all recruit church path), anyone else makes for a good falcon knight?

User Info: suburbshulk

suburbshulk
1 week ago#2
I made Ignatz a bow knight and Leonie a falcon knight.

Lorenz worked as a dark knight for me.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 week ago#3
For weapons, you might want to train (weapon spoilers) Claude and Marianne a bit in Swords. Claude's is A rank.
Palla is best waifu. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

misterhuffnpuff
1 week ago#4
Mjolnirboi posted...
For weapons, you might want to train (weapon spoilers) Claude and Marianne a bit in Swords. Claude's is A rank.

Yeah I plan to do that, I always train the Lord's in swords, and claude needs a short ra ge weapon. Mariane is going to focus on healing but will use a Levin sword.

User Info: shadowgendo

shadowgendo
1 week ago#5
Lorenz works okay as a Dank Knight, thats what I used for him. Ignatz is pretty trash, I would recruit someone else. Otherwise he is a mediocre bow knight or sniper.
http://i.imgur.com/BwadWzE.gif

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
1 week ago#6
It's okay for Leonie and Ignatz to both end up as Bow Knights - I took them different routes until they converged there, with Leonie heading towards the cavalry classes first while Ignatz went through the archer classes. End result was Leonie being beefier than Ignatz, who in turn had better dex than Leonie.

Lorenz is a great Dark Knight, if only because he learns Agnea's Arrow and is one of two playable characters capable of doing so. Having magic available at his side benefits him, and the speed growth is better than Great Knight.

I experimented with making Bernadetta and Byleth Falcon Knights in my first and third playthroughs respectively, and they were rather fun. I screwed around with Manuela as a Falcon Knight in my second playthrough, but she was rather underwhelming because she's Manuela.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

misterhuffnpuff
1 week ago#7
shadowgendo posted...
Lorenz works okay as a Dank Knight, thats what I used for him. Ignatz is pretty trash, I would recruit someone else. Otherwise he is a mediocre bow knight or sniper.

Eh, I still want to use him, I always stick with all the og house students.

I'm going normal instead of hard too this time around, so he could still be useful.

User Info: SkybladeNox

SkybladeNox
1 week ago#8
Lorenz makes a decent Dark Knight, but he's still just a worse Sylvain. Ignatz does okay as an Assassin or Mortal Savant. Could make him into a Bow Knight I guess, but Leonie is indeed better at it. Ignatz is just the worst. Also he looks like a literal dick.

Leonie makes a good Falcon Knight too if you want one and don't want Ingrate for a third time.

misterhuffnpuff
1 week ago#9
Kneekicker posted...

I experimented with making Bernadetta and Byleth Falcon Knights in my first and third playthroughs respectively, and they were rather fun. I screwed around with Manuela as a Falcon Knight in my second playthrough, but she was rather underwhelming because she's Manuela.

Hmmm, going byleth down the falcon knight path, interesting...

Granted, I like her official class cause it's she's one of the only characters that can go the physical/magic hybrid path.

Do you think she can be just as good as a falcon knight?

User Info: 1998_z

1998_z
1 week ago#10
Bow users get Close Counter if you train them enough.
The sole rule of any videogamer is to save save save. Especially when something rare happens. - LightHawKnight
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So, what to do with the golden deer students?
  • Topic Archived