• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. This fandom has too many humancentrics or man-worshipers. (spoil)

User Info: Salyer

Salyer
4 weeks ago#11
Cynrascal posted...
Doing Golden Deer route.

Saw Rhea's tantrum.

Got to Edelgard's speech to her forces condemning the church. Agree with her completely.

>conquest is fine as long as an empire is doing it

>attacking civilians is okay when humans do it

Shouldn't you be saying the Soviet Union was a social justice heaven?

User Info: TwerpKnight

TwerpKnight
4 weeks ago#12
Killing gods and s*** is such a deeply ingrained jRPG trope that when Three Houses doesn't let us do that, we all start freaking out while clutching our waifu body pillows.

It's simply a natural reaction. Maybe.
Mythra's censored art in Smash Ultimate looks better than her original art and would've made Xenoblade 2 a slightly more bearable and good game.

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
4 weeks ago#13
Man, how out of roughly the defenses get is so weird.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

User Info: Pentao

Pentao
4 weeks ago#14
On topic, it's pretty damn weird that people keep citing a dragon as something that they think is an inherent evil, especially in a series where Dragons have operated on the same morality scale as human beings.

There are many jRPGs where you slay gods, but also a ton of jRPGs where you have benevolent gods, spirits, and whatevers. There are also tons of jRPGs with alternative fantasy races where racism is also a thing between humans and non-humans.

I dunno, I think it's weird that people are using the species or race of a character as a reason to dislike them. The only real issue with dragons in Fire Emblem is dragon degeneration, which in most games can be solved by just making a dragon stone.

Maybe it's just a western thing? A lot of western myths are about dragon slaying and evil dragons as a whole, but in a lot of Eastern mythologies, dragons are pretty noble beings who impart wisdom and stuff. While FE has a lot of western fantasy settings, the writers are still Japanese lol.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#15
I doubt the dragons of Fodlan degenerate, even Rhea is still mentally sound for the most part (except when it comes to her mother)
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 5263340149
@_@ Lysithea is Best Girl in Three Houses

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 weeks ago#16
Degeneration would explain much about Flayn and her obsession with fish. Yes I'm willfully ignoring the actual reason why. She likes fish too much because she is a crazy. Stop asking me about fish damn it.
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.

User Info: IvoEska

IvoEska
4 weeks ago#17
TwerpKnight posted...
Killing gods and s*** is such a deeply ingrained jRPG trope

I think this is where the confusion is coming from... Three Houses is the ultimate bait and switch. How many of us thought that Serios was evil from the opening trailer, and that Nemesis was actually the good guy?

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 weeks ago#18
Nemesis is a good man. Good at combat, which is all that matters. Fights with Rhea are boring. Nemesis has a can do attitude and I hate Claude for interfering in our sexy sword touching moment.
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
4 weeks ago#19
IvoEska posted...
TwerpKnight posted...
Killing gods and s*** is such a deeply ingrained jRPG trope

I think this is where the confusion is coming from... Three Houses is the ultimate bait and switch. How many of us thought that Serios was evil from the opening trailer, and that Nemesis was actually the good guy?

That's like a double bait and switch, though.

Like, the game tried to play Seiros off as the heroine, but she acts so wild and unrestrained that it's clearly a diversion and Nemesis was the good guy but oh wait, Nemesis actually was the bad guy, and Seiros is suffering from the PTSD of her entire race being destroyed and turned into weapons.
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken

User Info: HoshinoKatta

HoshinoKatta
4 weeks ago#20
A man of my distinguished caliber worships only one thing.

https://youtu.be/ERjN7itugao
Bold words, for someone not on a unicycle.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. This fandom has too many humancentrics or man-worshipers. (spoil)
  • Topic Archived