• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Anyone else disappointed at the size of the playable roster in this game?

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 week ago#1
Especially compared to some of the recent / modern games with the biggest playable rosters in the series such as Fates Revelation and Radiant Dawn. Even though Echoes Shadows of Valentia had 34 playables as well(Not counting DLC), it was a remake of a really old FE game. Again, 34 playables isn't bad, but it's not good amount either for a modern FE game.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
1 week ago#2
No, there are already too many characters I like without being able to field them all.

Very happy with how large the roster is.

User Info: losst4ever

losst4ever
1 week ago#3
Not really, I grabbed Manuela, Cyril, Caspar, Bernie, and Marianne in my Blue Lions run and had to bench people quite a bit more than I wanted to. Having a larger roster only means I'd have more people to simply not use cause most maps are 10 units with a few 12 unit maps.

User Info: suburbshulk

suburbshulk
1 week ago#4
No I like it. Each character actually feels well crafted and useful rather than expendable which is the case with past FE games due to larger rosters.

User Info: Ramesses2

Ramesses2
1 week ago#5
It's actually big enough to have variety over several playthroughs and small enough that all characters can get a decent amount of spotlight

Too many characters in fates felt like one note mooks
#TitaniaAndPallaDeserveBetter

User Info: Seraphie92

Seraphie92
1 week ago#6
You only get to use 10 characters for most maps so I think the current roster is good. It's the lack of diverse classes for end game that's a problem cause multiple characters can fill the same role rn.

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
1 week ago#7
34 characters is perfectly fine if you ask me. And it's not like in FE games you can use the whole roster. Highest deployment was always around 15-16 units.

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
1 week ago#8
I actually think 25 to 35 is good for FE now, having more would really have too many one notes and too many under utilized people.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
1 week ago#9
Seraphie92 posted...
You only get to use 10 characters for most maps so I think the current roster is good. It's the lack of diverse classes for end game that's a problem cause multiple characters can fill the same role rn.

End game has a ton of class diversity when you combine the advanced and master classes.

It's not the game's fault you refuse to use some of them or only use the "best" ones.

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
1 week ago#10
Roster size is fine.

Deployment slots though...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Anyone else disappointed at the size of the playable roster in this game?
  • Topic Archived