• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: You should be able to teach characters combat arts.

User Info: Reversal

Reversal
1 month ago#1
This is referring to the fact that most combat arts are character-specific. - Results (25 votes)
Yes, you should be able to teach character-specific combat arts.
48% (12 votes)
No, you should not be able to teach character-specific combat arts.
52% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As it currently stands, the number of universal combat arts is a bit limited. Swords get Wrath Strike and Grounder, Lances get Tempest Lance and Knightkneeler, Axes get Smash and Helm Splitter, Bows only get Curved Shot, and Gauntlets get the most at Fading Blow, Rushing Blow, and Healing Focus.

While combat arts aren't that important, I believe that the low amount of universal combat arts is an unnecessary restriction on customization that could be alleviated by allowing characters to obtain the other combat arts (excluding relic arts of course) in some manner, such as manually teaching them.

In addition, I believe that manually teaching specific combat arts would be a compromise for the people who believe that units should be unique, as it takes additional effort/resources/time for one unit to learn a combat art compared to another who already has it in their list.

Why did they give bows only one universal combat art

Reversal
1 month ago#2
Bump

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 month ago#3
Nah. That's like saying characters should teach each other spells.
Palla is best waifu. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
1 month ago#4
I would rather have arts and spells remain as they are, to distinguish characters beyond their average stats and skill affinities. There comes a point where customization goes too far, making every character interchangeable.

I think the game is more interesting if a character like Ashe can have a Killer art not available by the usual gods of growth, etc.

That was my main gripe with FF7, the only appreciable distinction between characters was their situational Limit Breaks.
BREAKING THE ROOOOW, BREAKING THE WUUURLD
KOWASE, KIRISAKE TENDAHNISS

Reversal
1 month ago#5
Mjolnirboi posted...
Nah. That's like saying characters should teach each other spells.

While I do see your point, I believe there's a difference between inherent magical abilities and physical skills that theoretically anyone could use.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: You should be able to teach characters combat arts.
  • Topic Archived