You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Sylvain Solo Playlog (Maddening Difficulty)

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
5 days ago#1
During my most recent run (Blue Lions/Hard/Classic), I made Sylvain a mage, gave him Battalion Vantage, and parked him in the middle of crowds which he proceeded to one-shot before they could even attack. I often stopped to wonder why I was using any unit other than him. "So," Lahey said to himself, "why not do an entire run using only Sylvain?" Is it possible? Is it possible on Maddening? Maybe not, but we're gonna find out~

The rules, for now:
- Blue Lions/Maddening/Classic
- Limited NG+ bonuses (see below)
- No online or amiibo bonuses
- No recruiting units (meaning automatically-unlocked paralogues only)
- No extra battles aside from the aforementioned automatically-unlocked paralogues, and the quest "Clearing the Way" (to unlock the Eastern and Western Merchants)
- Standard solo stuff: no non-Sylvain deploys (not counting adjutants) unless they're forced, forced deploys must stay out of combat/avoid aggroing enemies/avoid interacting or link attacking with Sylvain whenever possible, etc. etc.
- Everything else is probably fair game, unless I'm forgetting anything (if you guys have any suggestions for rule changes, let me know)

As for what NG+ bonuses are allowed: shop levels (automatic) and all of the saint statue rewards (also automatic). NG+ battalions and crests are left in the convoy. This was originally done on a fresh file without NG+ bonuses, but it's virtually impossible without bending the rules in Ch. 1 and outright breaking them in Ch. 2, at least for Sylvain. (For Ch. 1, you physically cannot carry enough Vulneraries, so you either need to use Byleth for convoy access (which I'm not doing) or carry Concoctions (which you can't yet purchase on a fresh file). For Ch. 2, the enemies rush you in waves without giving you time to heal in between, so there's no way to survive all the enemies and keep Byls and Dimitri from being attacked (at least, I'm 90% sure). So basically, I needed to switch to NG+ to buy stronger healing items early.)

I'm currently through Ch. 6, so I'll be compiling screenshots and posting write-ups of the maps thus far at whatever pace my innate laziness dictates.
Clear skies. Today, I weeded the fields. Work went well.

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
5 days ago#2
Sounds cool. I’m in it to watch. Also, it’s impossible to beat the first levels, but other than that, it should be very possivle
(message deleted)

User Info: AvatarST

5 days ago#4
Any chance you stream this?

Nevermind probably can't if hacked lol.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
5 days ago#5
such a ginger stud
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon defense force.

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
5 days ago#6
If you're allowing adjucants can't you just slap on a healing one and let that do the work instead of carrying all the vulernaries?
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
5 days ago#7
The_Juice_ posted...
If you're allowing adjucants can't you just slap on a healing one and let that do the work instead of carrying all the vulernaries?

It's random isn't it?

And I've had an adjacent set on Byleth for like, 10 battles and not once has he done anything lol

Maybe It's just tok unreliable.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence

User Info: BaKaDaNaa

BaKaDaNaa
5 days ago#8
Maddening? I thought this was a meme, how do you get it?

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
5 days ago#9
SirBob1137 posted...
Sounds cool. I’m in it to watch. Also, it’s impossible to beat the first levels, but other than that, it should be very possivle

I already have, but you're right that Ch. 1 at the very least is impossible without NG+/convoy ^^'

Fudanshi posted...
That sounds like it's going to be really difficult.
I may be interested in doing that.
Sounds kinda fun.

So I assume you already have Maddening unlocked or something?
If so, could you point me to where I could get the hack downloaded and maybe some instructions?
I'm willing to get banned from the Nintedo Online or whatever.

:3

It's pretty fun so far, yeah. Hard mode was a bit simplistic so I wanted to try a challenge run for a change of pace after playing through it twice.

We're not allowed to talk about those things here, but you can PM me~

Any chance you stream this?

Nevermind probably can't if hacked lol.

No clue how lol

The_Juice_ posted...

You can't use adjutants until professor rank...C, I think, so this doesn't help until like 5 chapters in (I'm not using renown to unlock anything). I should also mention that I won't be using healing adjutants for this run as an additional challenge, just Felix.

BaKaDaNaa posted...

Cheats.
Clear skies. Today, I weeded the fields. Work went well.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
5 days ago#10
BaKaDaNaa posted...

You have to hack your switch or something.
I'm waiting on more specific answers myself.

Maddening and Infernal are not memes.
They are indeed in the code, they just aren't accessible.
Infernal is unplayable and unfinished but Maddening seems to be mostly finished.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Sylvain Solo Playlog (Maddening Difficulty)