You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Byleth isn't a very good Avatar
No, I think Byleth is perfectly fine by their own respects. Games would not be interesting or unique if they were just copy pasted from one another, and the silence fits Byleth's personality well. Robin is one of my favorite game characters of all time, but I think it would be unfair to compare him to Byleth, since they are two separate characters with two different personalities.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
3 days ago#62
brainrotter posted...
How are people self-inserting into a predefined, untweakable character with a concrete personality and backstory
That's Robin.
Palla is best waifu. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: greyfoxx69

greyfoxx69
3 days ago#63
I like blyth at least they don’t have amnesia and pretty much all the recent FE protags have set backgrounds I don’t get that complaint.
"You hear that? That's market bacon hitting the pan. Today a child is born unto us and his name will be Bacon."

User Info: NinoTheSage

NinoTheSage
3 days ago#64
While I don't like Byleth as a character, I don't think supports with him are worse than Robin's.

Characters in his supports usually use him as a sounding board for their own personalities. I can understand why this would grate on people, but it allows the other characters (that usually have more interesting personalities) to shine more. It's infinitely better than stuff like Robin x Chrom's "you peeked at me in the bath! No, you peeked at me in the bath! Let's get married!" support.

Also, he gets quite a few pretty good responses:

Sylvain: I just finished dumping another woman after playing with her heart for so long.
Byleth: Jerk.

User Info: LittleRoyal

LittleRoyal
3 days ago#65
Robin-Nore of an actual character, not the main character

Byleth-has no persoaity aside from a mercenary who cares about her students, but is the main character.

Wtf
Uh yes, I really am vicious! So do not even try me...
I accept tips!

User Info: greyfoxx69

greyfoxx69
2 days ago#66
I’ve realized why I don’t mind Byleth as a main character/ avatar they’re set up like a persona main character. That same voidless stare, everyone is drawn to you, new guy in town that’s a great fighter and strategist, voices in your head. It’s persona XD
"You hear that? That's market bacon hitting the pan. Today a child is born unto us and his name will be Bacon."

User Info: A-Omega16

A-Omega16
2 days ago#67
JGD_83 posted...
He looks cool and never says anything stupid, completely unlike Corrin. Good enough for me.
"Everyday people keep hurting each other, it's no wonder why you doubt what other people in the world tell you"
Switch FC add: SW-7690-6772-7601 ~ 3H

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
2 days ago#68
Silent protagonists shouldn't exist, especially when the game has a central narrative like this

Would've been significantly better with a real character as the protag
You're only as sick as your secrets, but the truth shall set you free.
The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.
Deny. I'll take an actual character over the customizable avatars. I liked Robin but both kris and corrin were awful. Byleth actually had a good impact of the plot positively effecting whatever side hes on, unlike corrin who single handedly made everything worse.
3ds FC: 3883 4803 0400

User Info: Renegade_Hero

Renegade_Hero
2 days ago#70
His armor design is sweet, but I can’t figure out why they’ve ditched the avatar creation after Awakening. felt more immersive. Also the sleeves are kinda weird. Overall though, I vote deny
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Byleth isn't a very good Avatar