You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Byleth isn't a very good Avatar

User Info: Zephyr Blayze

Zephyr Blayze
6 days ago#11
I picked deny, but it was an accident because I slipped and hit my DPI button and didn't notice that I clicked the wrong option
4205cast.com | Gaming podcast
"1% of the users received 95% of the karma bonuses. Occupy GameFAQs." -DetroitDJ

User Info: NinjaKangaroo

NinjaKangaroo
6 days ago#12
I really wish people would stop calling byleth a "silent protagonist"

They aren't. They have voiced lines all over. For skill level ups, battle quotes etc. They are good, which bothers me to Byleth not being voiced in conversation.
XBL GT: NinjaKangarooo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqOUGlqsc8 )
LoL IGN: LucidInstinct

User Info: complexityx

complexityx
6 days ago#13
brainrotter posted...
...so are any of the Deny voters going to explain themselves?

I probably should've IP-locked the poll, seems like it's being brigaded

Don't make poll in the first place if you get trigger by something like this

Some or most people like to click either yes or no and move on since you give them a poll in the first place

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
6 days ago#14
Robin is okay

But his rise into power was complete bulls***.

Chrom randomly thrusts some guy in the road to a tactician role and he ends up being highly competent in it with next to no missteps that wasn't out of his control.

Then all of a f***ing sudden he revives from power of friendship.

Dumb s*** like that is why I prefer Byleth.

Byleth has justifications and story reasons for every single thing involving him/her's character. His blankness? Explained. His background? Explained. Why his heart doesn't beat? Explained. Why does everyone rely on him/her? Because Byleth's a respected mercenary teaching a battle academy, while being at the age to personally relate with/get along with the students and is clearly likable to a degree. Why does he have random Sothis in him? Pushed with heavy explanations.

I'll take a silent avatar that can shut up but still gets dialogue options than insufferable garbage like Corrin and Kris. Robin was the only tolerable avatar and he has a lot of reasons for people to dislike him regardless.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem and FE Echoes Lover! F for Geno, BWD, Steve and Isaac. Hero's in!
(edited 6 days ago)
(message deleted)

A_Field_Lover
6 days ago#16
complexityx posted...
brainrotter posted...
...so are any of the Deny voters going to explain themselves?

I probably should've IP-locked the poll, seems like it's being brigaded

Don't make poll in the first place if you get trigger by something like this

Some or most people like to click either yes or no and move on since you give them a poll in the first place
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem and FE Echoes Lover! F for Geno, BWD, Steve and Isaac. Hero's in!
@A_Field_Lover posted...
Robin is okay

Chrom randomly thrusts some guy in the road to a tactician role and he ends up being highly competent in it with next to no missteps that wasn't out of his control.

Byleth has justifications and story reasons for every single thing involving him/her's character. His blankness? Explained. His background? Explained. Why his heart doesn't beat? Explained. Why does everyone rely on him/her? Because Byleth's a respected mercenary teaching a battle academy, while being at the age to personally relate with/get along with the students and is clearly likable to a degree. Why does he have random Sothis in him? Pushed with heavy explanations.

I'll take a silent avatar that can shut up but still gets dialogue options than insufferable garbage like Corrin and Kris. Robin was the only tolerable avatar and he has a lot of reasons for people to dislike him regardless.
You just threw in an obvious spoiler, and to be honest, it shouldn't even be in that list.
(edited 6 days ago)

A_Field_Lover
6 days ago#18
AbyssalCode0088 posted...
@A_Field_Lover posted...
Robin is okay

You just threw in an obvious spoiler.

It was stated in Dorothea's B Support but alright.
A_Field_Lover posted...

Not playing Red Eagles nor do I have her, and I'm sure that goes for many, so yeah, that's a spoiler for the unaware. Those playing without her wouldn't even find out till after Jeralt dies.

Also, playing it off as "It's known in another route/behind a character you can recruit" just doesn't work because there's more than one route, we're not all experiencing the same thing. And, again, it doesn't even fit in that list so I'm not sure why you're throwing it in there.
(edited 6 days ago)

A_Field_Lover
6 days ago#20
AbyssalCode0088 posted...
A_Field_Lover posted...

Not playing Red Eagles nor do I have her, and I'm sure that goes for many, so yeah, that's a spoiler for the unaware. Those playing without her wouldn't even find out till after Jeralt dies.

Also, playing it off as "It's known in another route/behind a character you can recruit" just doesn't work because there's more than one route, we're not all experiencing the same thing. And, again, it doesn't even fit in that list so I'm not sure why you're throwing it in there.

I spoil tagged it, you can stop the whining jesus. I said "but alright" and I edited my post.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Byleth isn't a very good Avatar