• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is it compared to the 3DS Fire Emblems?

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#11
sylawaatch posted...
Its 100x better than Fates and Awakening already.

Gameplay is way tighter. There aren't 60+ characters for the sake of it that are all irritating tropes. Maps aren't as gimmicky as Fates or as boring as Awakening. Things like durability are utilized perfectly to avoid making things like magic OP. Soundtrack is awesome and cinematic it feels like you are playing a truly high quality game. Don't even get me started on the plot and world building IS totally outdid themselves on those two fronts. We finally have lords that aren't boring Mary Sue's that I can actually care about lol.

My only complaint is the anime emojis and over the top anime style at certain moments. Supports are weak too but that's not a big deal to me.

Eh.

The Fates and Awakening casts are only super bloated due to the kids. Cut them and it's good
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: New_Username

New_Username
1 month ago#12
NovaWill posted...
One of best FEs. And this from elitist.

Lol.

User Info: kybotica

kybotica
1 month ago#13
I'm starting my first playthrough as a long time fan who has the Tellius games at the top of my list, so I'll come back to let you know what I think.
3DS FC- 3523-2829-4726. GT kybotica
Teddiursa/Audino/Ditto-IGN-Kyle

User Info: LanceOmikron

LanceOmikron
1 month ago#14
kybotica posted...
I'm starting my first playthrough as a long time fan who has the Tellius games at the top of my list, so I'll come back to let you know what I think.

Excellent, looking forward to hearing what you think. Tellius is at the top of my list as well, and it'd be great if 3H's story turned out to be in a similar ballpark of quality.

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 month ago#15
Three Houses is what Fates tried to be. A game with complex different routes/factions with grey morality where players will pick their side. No golden ending either, nothing that invalidated people's choices like Revelations did to Conquest/Birthright.

Fantastic world building as well. This is coming from a hardcore longtime The Elder Scrolls fan, where world building is legendary in.

Compared to the 3DS games, I'd rank...

Three Houses>Awakening>Fates

User Info: PrinceOfKoopas

PrinceOfKoopas
1 month ago#16
kybotica posted...

Really looking to see how you like the game because endorsements from Tellius fans are what matter to me.
For the best videogame commentary story on the Internet (sometimes featuring GameFAQs poll of the days and contest discussion) visit https://www.koopatv.org

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 month ago#17
I find it fun how people talk bad about awakening when the fact is tat awakening was going to be the last FE game if it did not sell well and it ourtsold there expections so people who hate it can thank that game for this series even being around today
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
1 month ago#18
Nabiki_Tendo posted...
I find it fun how people talk bad about awakening when the fact is tat awakening was going to be the last FE game if it did not sell well and it ourtsold there expections so people who hate it can thank that game for this series even being around today

A. It succeeded due to adverting alone, nothing to do with its awful mechanics.
B. There hasn't been a good game since Awakening so "saving" the series has yet to actually offer anything beneficial.
bloop

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 month ago#19
Nabiki_Tendo posted...

Don't give a f***. Awakening isn't excused from criticism for that.

Even then, the majority if not all FE games made Nintendo's standards.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem and FE Echoes Lover! F for Geno, BWD, Steve and Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: LanceOmikron

LanceOmikron
1 month ago#20
Nabiki_Tendo posted...

Awakening is fine. The gameplay was good, and it has a fun cast of memorable characters. Just in terms of playability, mechanics, and the fun factor gained from those, It's really not what I would call a bad game.

The problem with Awakening to me was the story. Tellius set the bar really high in terms of a compelling narrative, and Awakening really can't be called anything other than a step down in that regard. It feels... really disjointed. The three main sections of Awakening have almost nothing to do with each other. Yes, there are elements that tie things together, but it is just terribly weak compared to Tellius, which had a very robust history and very firmly established and developed factions which drove the story from start to finish.

Again, the characters themselves were fine enough. But the events of the narrative were just not up to par.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is it compared to the 3DS Fire Emblems?
  • Topic Archived