• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is it compared to the 3DS Fire Emblems?

User Info: Boo_Guy

Boo_Guy
4 weeks ago#1
Fates and Awakening were kind of the low point in Fire Emblem for me (although I really liked Echoes), so is it at least better than the 3DS era games? For comparison, the Tellius games are my two favorites.

Thanks.

User Info: Saiaxs

Saiaxs
4 weeks ago#2
Better in every conceivable way

User Info: sylawaatch

sylawaatch
4 weeks ago#3
Its 100x better than Fates and Awakening already.

Gameplay is way tighter. There aren't 60+ characters for the sake of it that are all irritating tropes. Maps aren't as gimmicky as Fates or as boring as Awakening. Things like durability are utilized perfectly to avoid making things like magic OP. Soundtrack is awesome and cinematic it feels like you are playing a truly high quality game. Don't even get me started on the plot and world building IS totally outdid themselves on those two fronts. We finally have lords that aren't boring Mary Sue's that I can actually care about lol.

My only complaint is the anime emojis and over the top anime style at certain moments. Supports are weak too but that's not a big deal to me.
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif

Boo_Guy
4 weeks ago#4
Saiaxs posted...
Better in every conceivable way

Good, but hope this isn't just reactionary!

sylawaatch posted...
Gameplay is way tighter. There aren't 60+ characters for the sake of it that are all irritating tropes. Maps aren't as gimmicky as Fates or as boring as Awakening. Things like durability are utilized perfectly to avoid making things like magic OP. Soundtrack is awesome and cinematic it feels like you are playing a truly high quality game. Don't even get me started on the plot and world building IS totally outdid themselves on those two fronts. We finally have lords that aren't boring Mary Sue's that I can actually care about lol.

Thank God. I reeeaallly loved the lore and world building of PoR and RD. I hope this game is more like that.

User Info: BIeck5

BIeck5
4 weeks ago#5
It's better so far than both but the school stuff is starting to get tedious on my playthrough.

User Info: NovaWill

NovaWill
4 weeks ago#6
One of best FEs. And this from elitist.

User Info: Dunal

Dunal
4 weeks ago#7
For me personally:

Gameplay:
Fates >= Three Houses >>> Echoes > Awakening (3H has better core gameplay/mechanics IMO but Fates has better maps/difficulty on CQ... but that could still change with the future lunatic mode).

Story/Writing:
Three Houses >> Echoes >> Awakening >>>>> Fates.

So yes.

User Info: LanceOmikron

LanceOmikron
4 weeks ago#8
Dunal posted...
Story/Writing:

Where do the Tellius games fit into this? That's my big question. Haven't played 3H yet.

User Info: KariyaLollipop

KariyaLollipop
4 weeks ago#9
First impressions are that gameplay is better, just more tools to play around with and enemies on hard can actually pack a punch. Writing is subjective but I like it better so far, supports are hit and miss as always but the world building is nice and no one in BE has rubbed me the wrong way. The only minor gripe is that the overworld can get a bit tedious with all the fetch quests, but you generally only have to venture out once a month to finish everything and can spend the rest of the break days on battles or quicker but still useful options.

And since you asked TC, I'm biased as heck towards Tellius but (again these being first impressions) I think this game has a chance to surpass them. The monastery free roaming lets you interact with everyone and people have changing dialogues in response to recent missions which gives off a similar vibe to base conversations. A little less depth in each interaction sure but a chance to see things from everyone's perspective. Your units all feel strong, no glaring balance issues, feels a bit odd to have so few at the start but I managed to recruit someone and it actually felt like an accomplishment as opposed to just getting new faces thrown at you at the start of a new chapter. No map objective variety so far, they did do the old keep your allies alive for a bonus reward thing though which is something I guess. Battle animations are great, models look good on the maps though they're a little indistinct. Still too early on to know how the plot/pacing/difficulty compares but this is the first new FE I've really gotten into since RD, so for now I'm just enjoying the ride.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Boo_Guy
4 weeks ago#10
LanceOmikron posted...
Dunal posted...
Story/Writing:

Where do the Tellius games fit into this? That's my big question.

Same. Can someone compare it to Tellius?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is it compared to the 3DS Fire Emblems?
  • Topic Archived