• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Has waifuism ruined the Fire Emblem franchise?

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
1 month ago#201
Puzzlepiece5386 posted...
you already had tons of art of characters like Lyn, Nephenee and Mia

There's tons of art of Nephenee?? She's my favorite "waifu" in the whole franchise and I never find any decent fanart of her when I look. And no, I'm not looking for R34.
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest XI, Cosmic Star Heroine

User Info: xStarLordX

xStarLordX
4 weeks ago#202
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
xStarLordX posted...
The only reason you say that it's because you hate the deeprealms,which it is stupid,no doubt about it,but the time travel aspect of Awakening is more stupid.

Good grief. I don't care about all the pointlessly strong opinions about dumb stuff that this fanbase argues over, but this right here is almost Ignore List worthy.

Nothing - NOTHING! - is dumber than Deeprealms. In the whole franchise.

The blood pact?
The whole plot of FE7?
The Nobles vs Comoneers of Echoes?

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Puzzlepiece5386 posted...
you already had tons of art of characters like Lyn, Nephenee and Mia

There's tons of art of Nephenee?? She's my favorite "waifu" in the whole franchise and I never find any decent fanart of her when I look. And no, I'm not looking for R34.

No.
This is Ignore list worthy.

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
4 weeks ago#203
Frenzify posted...
Well, if I'm really thinking about it my castle is the only thing I can think of that pushes the waifu aspect more than Awakening. In just casually thinking back to it it felt more significant of a feature than now when I'm thinking deeper about it. I can swear, though, that it felt like the waifu aspects at least felt more advertised in the run up to Fates. Perhaps that's also what's influencing my view on it.

There was one japanese ad, but beyond that it was just people parroting the buzz term and complaining about it hard during the run up to Fates if anything.

Besides the 1000 year old dragon loli, I don't think any of those really play into the current anime waifu culture like "wincest" does. I hate that I'm about to say this, but it's just the degenerate time of anime we live in; I feel like banging your siblings has more of a waifu appeal to the anime community than banging your best friend's family.

I fail to see how.

Let's not forget all the little sister anime that used to air season after season... Or maybe we should forget it.

Yes all 2 of em...made by the same guy...
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Play01

Play01
4 weeks ago#204
emagdnE posted...
Just ignore waifuism and play the goddamn game holy s***

How can one ignore the waifuism when characters' entire personalities is designed around making them waifubait? (Camilla in Fates, Bernadetta in TH seems like one so far. Sothis DEFINITELY exists for a certain unsavory demographic.)

You people really don't get it, do you? It is not avoidable unless you skip every single cutscene. It permeates through the entire games. And even then it's not avoidable since Camilla is a boss in 2 out of 3 routes and automatically joins midchapter in Conquest.....

Only Byleth can romance in TH though.

And?

The player being able to marry the characters is the main feature people have in mind when they speak of waifuism. Not being able to ship other characters this time means..... the eugenics are gone. That's it.

But IS seems to recognise this and they are actually trying to do something to cater for the new and the old fans alike. Auto-instruct is designed for the old fans.

How about making a good game? THAT is what would appeal to the old fans.

Auto-instruct is just going to pick what the characters already specialize in and probably have the growth rates for and nothing we've seen indicates enemies other than the monsters are strong at all. And even the monsters seem like they can be destroyed easily given that they can be ganged up on more easier due to occupying 4 tiles, you can have someone use a gambit specifically to draw their attention to tank it, and Byleth gets 3 different slayer combat arts for his/her OP personal weapon.....

The only step up from Fates is that durability is back and Sol is presumably gone. But you can get long ranged heals pretty early so even if soloing isn't possible, you can still have one OP unit march out there with a healer or two standing back. Also most enemies we've seen so far have low hit rates.....

supposedly that girl from captain marvel getting the role of 007. However I heard that they said Daniel Craig was still James bond so I think the next movie is gonna have James bond as Daniel Craig but he will not have the 007 tag, that girl will.

James Bond is retiring and the new woman is getting the 007 title, yes.

Probably what saved the franchise.

Making the franchise make more money than before =/= saving the franchise.

Shadow Dragon saved the franchise and caused sales in Japan to rebound to what they were before SS, PoR, and RD. (Above 250k.)

Awakening just drew in more people with waifuism. To replace the people they lost by doubling down on their SS, PoR, and RD idiocy showing that they don't understand why those games sold less.

The dumbed down gameplay doesn't have fans. The waifuism does.

If they rerelease PoR while only updating the graphics and not adding waifuism, I guarantee you it'll get torn apart yet again for the same reasons minus graphics it did in 2005, AND for not having waifuism so the new crowd won't show up like they didn't for Echoes.

Don't expect the Ike fans in the Smash community to show up. They already didn't when RD was still fairly new in NA when Brawl released.

What's your definition of a "good" Fire Emblem game? I've play every game since FE 6 btw.

User Info: NintendoFan81

NintendoFan81
4 weeks ago#205
Bellial99 posted...
It summoned a bad fanbase
now 90% of forums talk about the waifus instead of playing the game

Yep I strongly agree with this. I feel most people discussing waifu nonsense is kids/teens and adults that just want to troll. It's unfortunate Fire Emblem (as well as other games and tv shows) fandom/fanbase/whatever it's called these days have been wrecked by this nonsense.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 weeks ago#206
The blood pact?
The whole plot of FE7?
The Nobles vs Comoneers of Echoes?

The fact that you think the latter two are even comparable to the Blood Pact bulls*** is what's truly ignore list worthy here.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Has waifuism ruined the Fire Emblem franchise?
  • Topic Archived