• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is this your first Fire Emblem?

User Info: Anna_The_Outlaw

Anna_The_Outlaw
1 month ago#31
chrispkmnmaster posted...
wow nice blueboy!

also i have a question guys: is it blazing blade like binding blade, or its blazing sword? i see it written both ways online, so idk which is right, i think blazing sword is right? i thought it was blazing blade like binding blade b4 tho, i wonder why its changed to sword, but it is right? blazing blade is not its real name its wrong right?

I believe the word they use is Tsurugi, which is Sword.

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
1 month ago#32
According to the poll, as of this post there are 8 poor souls on this board who are no doubt horrified by this place and won't be sticking around.
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest XI, Cosmic Star Heroine

User Info: chrispkmnmaster

chrispkmnmaster
1 month ago#33
oh ok thx man. also ooo LOL i get it, like cuz there is 8 who voted for the yes and yes but been playing feh votes lool. well its actually 9 now!
Remaining 2 Smash Ultimate DLC: 1. Shadow Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, 2. Tiki Fire Emblem, Mipha Zelda Breath of the Wild, Zelda Skyward Sword Zelda
Pls!

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
1 month ago#34
oh nice @Krentaris but i think u should play binding blade b4 the first 5 bruh. cuz u mean by the original kaga games u mean the first 5 right? cuz i just read he stopped making fe games after thracia, which is the 5th one.

anyway, actually u said u didnt play blazing sword either right? ok i think u should play blazing sword, then either binding blade or new mystery of the emblem then the other one u didnt do 1st here, then the first 5 but fe4 and fe5 first, cuz u played the first 3's remakes already after doing all this then so yea, then just do the 1st 3 whenever u want even awhile in the future if u want, i mean im sure the remakes are WAAAY better.

i havent played new mystery or mystery, but i played first chapter only rly of fe1, and gotta say, its remake is way better, and i saw how gaiden looks too, but didnt play it, but can say echoes gotta be much better too, them old gaiden graphics and fe1 graphics are soooo bad!

and mytery and new mystery idk, but im sure it looks rly bad too and new mystery im sure looks way better too, just like the other 2 remakes compared to their original's, so yea the 3 fe remakes are way better than their original's im almost certain, does anyone disagree and think any of the original's are better than the remakes?

also that does stink that u played radiant dawn first like cuz b4 path of radiance, oof

I mentioned having played every localised FE, so that includes Blazing Sword by default.

Though I did forget to specify that I've also played 6, 11 and 12. The Famicom/Super Famicom titles are the only ones I haven't played, with the exception of Sacred Stones.

I did find that the Greil Mercenaries had pretty poor characterisation in RD, at least if you didn't know them already. I got attached to Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade, so when we switched, I was like 'huh? who are all these people?'

Playing through PoR was like 'oh... right. now I get it.' Actually, Ike is probably my favourite lord in the series, though I don't know too much about Sigurd or Seliph (despite having researched the entire story of Genealogy, RIP)
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
1 month ago#35
wow nice blueboy!

also i have a question guys: is it blazing blade like binding blade, or its blazing sword? i see it written both ways online, so idk which is right, i think blazing sword is right? i thought it was blazing blade like binding blade b4 tho, i wonder why its changed to sword, but it is right? blazing blade is not its real name its wrong right?

Officially, it is Blazing Blade. This is the term that Heroes uses, and the term that FE7 itself uses to describe Durandal, the... blazing blade.

Blazing Sword is a fan name that was used for about a decade between the release of FE7 and the release of Heroes to differentiate the game (officially just 'Fire Emblem') from the rest of the franchise.. It is not strictly correct if we go by official English localizations, but as long as you get the Blazing right, everyone will know what you're talking about so it's okay.

One might point out that the Japanese uses a different term for Binding Blade and Blazing Blade, but in this case it's FE6 that screwed up. It should have been localized as Sword of Seals, to parallel the Shield of Seals (in Mystery of the Emblem), but either this was deemed unimportant or nobody official realized it until it was too late, so now it's Binding Blade and Binding Shield. Ah well.

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
1 month ago#36
Elemental Fusion posted...
Edit: I would like to eventually play Thracia and BB, but we'll see.

Binding Blade is pretty accessible; I would recommend it to anyone wanting to dip their toes into a JP-only game. It's fundamentally very similar to FE7, which makes it easy to get into. It's occasionally criticized for its unit balance, but this is mostly overblown; other than the armor knights almost everyone is usable. Some units are just easy mode.

Thracia is interesting, because it's both a bridge between the Kaga FEs and the later entries that weren't inspired by Gaiden/Echoes, as well as its own thing that marks the final or sole meaningful appearance of a lot of rather interesting mechanics. I find it enjoyable, if for no other reason, because of how oppressive it is -- I don't just mean difficulty, but more about how the entire narrative is stacked against you. It is a fascinating example of what FE has the potential to be, even if it doesn't get everything right. More importantly it finally has a translation patch so that isn't a barrier anymore.

chrispkmnmaster
1 month ago#37
nice guys, and also aw snap mb @Krentaris ! i thought u said u played all localized games SINCE fe8 not except fe8, idk why, silly me!

sacred stones is rly good man, u should play it sometime, and so u said now u played blazing blade and binding blade huh? awesome man! so u played all from fe6-15 except fe8, so all fe games except sacred stones, and first 5 huh. thats rly cool man, uve played a whole lot of em!

also u said u forgot to mention u played fe 6, 11 and 12, but technically u did already say u played fe11 tho, cuz u said u played all the localized ones, and fe11 is shadow dragon (the ds remake of fe1) which has been localized tho. fe6 and fe12 aka binding blade and new mystery tho ur right, wasnt ever localized

EDIT: oh also i see, so it is actually blazing blade, ok thx @Limit_2 ! im glad it is blade and not sword tbh, just fits better imo cuz its the prequel to binding blade so it should also be blade rather than sword
Remaining 2 Smash Ultimate DLC: 1. Shadow Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, 2. Tiki Fire Emblem, Mipha Zelda Breath of the Wild, Zelda Skyward Sword Zelda
Pls!

chrispkmnmaster
4 weeks ago#38
@Binkster oof forgot to answer u, i was gonna say this: thats awesome u played almost ever fe game! but why the heck u play all but the marth games? lool u must hate marth huh
Pls!

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
4 weeks ago#39
@Binkster oof forgot to answer u, i was gonna say this: thats awesome u played almost ever fe game! but why the heck u play all but the marth games? lool u must hate marth huh

I played 3 chapters into Shadow Dragon and got so beyond bored about EVERYTHING that I just dropped it. I sort of wish I tried 12 out though since I've heard the difficulty is some of the biggest in the series on Lunatic.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
4 weeks ago#40
Only played awakening.

I loved it but I cant recall ever finishing the game.
http://tinyurl.com/myofwa4 Mystical Ninja64 fan!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is this your first Fire Emblem?
  • Topic Archived