• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How many Fire Emblem canons are there?

User Info: Miken Ayers

Miken Ayers
1 month ago#1
I know several games relate to eachother as either sequels or side stories, but I know there’s others that are completely separate canons/continuities with their own sequels.

Is anyone able to break this down without spoiling me, because this may affect if I group games together when playing through the series.

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
1 month ago#2
Infinite.
Sorry for my bad english

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#3
FE 1 > 3 ( FE 11 and 12 are remakes )

FE 4 > 5

FE 6 < 7 (6 is the sequel to 7 chronologically)

FE 9 > 10

Oh and Awakening is the sequel to FE 1 and 3. but in the distant future.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
1 month ago#4
Hayas***akara posted...
FE 1 > 3 ( FE 11 and 12 are remakes )

FE 4 > 5

FE 6 < 7 (6 is the sequel to 7 chronologically)

FE 9 > 10

Oh and Awakening is the sequel to FE 1 and 3. but in the distant future.

FE 13 is sort of considered a continuation of 3 but not directly by story, jsut that it’s the same world. Same can be said about 2, 4, and 5.

Also FE 15 post game helps to give backstory to the main villain of 13.
"If your desire to win is stronger than your opponent's, you've already won. Your mind is your strongest weapon" -Gerik S.S.
Official Claude of FETH

User Info: Lizuka

Lizuka
1 month ago#5
Technically due to them having spent the past couple games establishing a multiverse, an infinite amount.

Main ones though...

- Shadow Dragon, Gaiden / Echoes, Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening
- Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776
- Binding Blade, Fire Emblem
- Sacred Stones
- Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn
- Fates (though it has some overlap with Awakening despite being a separate world)
- Three Houses

There doesn't tend to be much overlap though. Most direct sequels they've done are Mystery of the Emblem and Radiant Dawn, with Thracia as a midquel.

User Info: Miken Ayers

Miken Ayers
1 month ago#6
Lizuka posted...
Technically due to them having spent the past couple games establishing a multiverse, an infinite amount.

Main ones though...

- Sacred Stones
- Fates (though it has some overlap with Awakening despite being a separate world)
- Three Houses

There doesn't tend to be much overlap though. Most direct sequels they've done are Mystery of the Emblem and Radiant Dawn, with Thracia as a midquel.

I’m a bit of a completionist, so I get tied up on things like this. Still don’t know if I want to play Echos before or after New Mystery.

User Info: GiddtheDevil

GiddtheDevil
1 month ago#7
Lizuka posted...

Main ones though...

- Sacred Stones
- Three Houses

From what I gathered about Fates, it takes place in the way distant past of Archanea. Probably a few decades after all the great dragons that didn't become manaketes went insane but way before Medeus went axe crazy and started the nation of Dolhr and Anri had to end that man's career. Not sure how the Yato being the Fire Emblem works though....
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Warriors

User Info: brainrotter

brainrotter
1 month ago#8
Jugdral is actually part of the Archanea "Kagaverse", too. It's a seperate continent like Valentia/Valm, though its games seem to take place much further in the past than any of the others.
We live as we dream-- alone. -Joseph Conrad
FEH FC: 0523262833 | +10s: L!Hector, OG!Reinhardt, SF!Nino, Ares

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#9
Enough and I know them all.

Such as Hector x Farina, Lyn x Rath, and Eliwood x Ninian are all canon
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: Dragolord09

Dragolord09
1 month ago#10
Wrong kind of canon the OP was looking for. And you still haven't shown proof that your parings are correct.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How many Fire Emblem canons are there?
  • Topic Archived