• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's talk about this game's text size.

User Info: RawkHawk2010

RawkHawk2010
1 month ago#1
https://i.imgur.com/N5jPY99.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/P0a9AuV.jpg

And just like with Xenoblade Chronicles X, developers adjusting to HD development have once again used their two-feet-away work monitors as a sole barometer for optimizing UI, without considering any type of casual setup or portable play. (And it appears localization has gone out of its way to make this even worse.) Microscopic text size in games is an epidemic in general, but how can literally *anyone* defend Three Houses' when such a huge appeal of the Switch is in its efforts to accommodate a variety of displays? How can no more than five or six people on the entirety of the internet be livid over this?

Discuss.

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
1 month ago#2
Your low quality pictures aren't representative of how it would look while holding the Switch. Even if the text is small it may be readable just fine.
The official Badass Wurmple of GameFaqs!

User Info: Quazocot

Quazocot
1 month ago#3
I prefer larger text, but frankly, I can read this (from your screenshots) just fine and I'm legally blind. I would prefer an option to increase the size but don't find it necessary in this case.
"We are a bunch of fools who are to stubborn to accept eternal ruin . . Keep that underlying principal in mind" -Fiore, Star Ocean 5

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
1 month ago#4
If any of IS's recent works are an indication, not being able to read anything on the screen may actually be an improvement.

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#5
I had no problems reading the text on your blurry screenshots.
[ nd9k ]

User Info: Lizuka

Lizuka
1 month ago#6
It's really not hard to read this as it is. Actually holding the Switch in your hands it shouldn't be an issue at all.

There are absolutely games where text being too small is a genuine problem but this doesn't look like one of them.

User Info: Noma9

Noma9
1 month ago#7
Limit_2 posted...
If any of IS's recent works are an indication, not being able to read anything on the screen may actually be an improvement.

Lol.

I did actually worry about this a bit, TC. My eyesight is problematic and this is gonna be a bother. Not insurmountable or anything, just annoying.
"No, we're doing this my way. No Google, no fancy textbooks - just six tall cans of Steel Reserve and a copy of the Bible."

User Info: kilaude

kilaude
1 month ago#8
Yeah.. it's annoying but still isn't as bad as Sleeping Dogs at least.

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
1 month ago#9
two words when complaining about too small text...
Octopath Traveler

ya'll got NOTHIN to complain about lol
Put this in your sig if you are against having another fire fighting starter.
Actually don't, gamefreak doesn't care about gamefaqs signatures.

User Info: Funny2never

Funny2never
1 month ago#10
Still looks better than the Witcher 3’s text on initial release
You thought it was Zoroark, but it was I, DIttO!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's talk about this game's text size.
  • Topic Archived