You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Some spoilers: Engadget "review" leaked

User Info: CrazedCavalier

CrazedCavalier
6 days ago#1
Got posted too early but someone archived it in imgur.

https://imgur.com/gallery/v27AaFD

No major reveals; mostly just goes "Fates bad" while talking about the fluff and barely talking about the gameplay (with the only real tidbit given being that they felt Normal was too easy-- keep in mind they also said they rushed the game).

Also talks up the writing (but then again, every reviewer did the same thing for Fates)-- mentions that there are multiple major choices but that things get "sidetracked towards the end" (probably because you've gotta kill a dragon god thing).

Says their playthrough took them 45 hours but that their next one will likely take them 60 hours. Also mentioned cutscenes being locked at 24 FPS and their being fluctuating resolution (as if the game wasn't already subpar graphically).

Also mentions that some sided dialogue ended up feeling out of place and tone-deaf, because "a character who I'm pretty sure you can't possibly save died but they kept talking about them like they were alive."

Now for some actual spoilery thoughts:
As we've seen timeskip Lysithea, I don't think that's talking about her. If it's any of the students, it's Marianne.
All of Thani's talks about Crest experimentation and stuff effecting Lysithea? Well, Marianne is an incredibly passive individual who's adopted and has a Crest that has no name and is on Edelgard's Axe.

Thani also mixed up several names prior, mixing up Cyril and Seteth I wanna say?
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
6 days ago#2
I swear to god if Marianne dies IS will pay with blood
"If your desire to win is stronger than your opponent's, you've already won. Your mind is your strongest weapon" -Gerik S.S.
Official Claude of FETH

User Info: Saiaxs

Saiaxs
6 days ago#3
I can’t really take a review seriously when the reviewer rushed their playthrough, kind of taints it

Binkster
6 days ago#4
Saiaxs posted...
I can’t really take a review seriously when the reviewer rushed their playthrough, kind of taints it

also this
"If your desire to win is stronger than your opponent's, you've already won. Your mind is your strongest weapon" -Gerik S.S.
Official Claude of FETH

User Info: SilentWanderer

SilentWanderer
6 days ago#5
Binkster posted...
I swear to god if Marianne dies IS will pay with blood
http://i.imgur.com/IuY0XFP.jpg

CrazedCavalier
6 days ago#6
Binkster posted...
Saiaxs posted...

also this

Hence "review" in quotation marks in the title.

It has a few new tidbits at least.
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.
(edited 6 days ago)

Binkster
6 days ago#7
CrazedCavalier posted...
Binkster posted...
Saiaxs posted...

also this

The tidbits will ruin this game if the Unavoidable death Is true
Official Claude of FETH

CrazedCavalier
6 days ago#8
Binkster posted...
CrazedCavalier posted...
Binkster posted...
Saiaxs posted...

also this

The tidbits will ruin this game if the Unavoidable death Is true

Hence why I also warned about "some spoilers" and blacked out my conjecture in regards to the seemingly unavoidable death.

User Info: Lusankya1

Lusankya1
6 days ago#9
Saiaxs posted...

It's not a review, it's a preview.

User Info: Dandelionel

Dandelionel
6 days ago#10
I think the reviewer just confirmed the "4th path thing" when they mention that they missed a part of the story of the house they chose. And it's obvious about what house they are talking about
Bye sister, thank u next
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Some spoilers: Engadget "review" leaked