• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Fire Emblem needs more brown girls

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
1 month ago#141
Transformers234 posted...
chicksan posted...
chicksan posted...
I don't think they were really trying to be racist. Perhaps they were just trying to give out facts.

Maybe not racist but ignorant like you.

Do you really burn up so easily, or do you just like to insult people?

both.

Okay then.. Anyway, I wasn't trying to start up a fight. I was just trying to politely explain that they probably weren't trying to be racist. But I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

I understand, peace. Probably my words were too harsh, I believe they weren't trying to be racist but that argumentation is often used by racists.
Sorry for my bad english

User Info: Transformers234

Transformers234
1 month ago#142
chicksan posted...
chicksan posted...
chicksan posted...
I don't think they were really trying to be racist. Perhaps they were just trying to give out facts.

Maybe not racist but ignorant like you.

Do you really burn up so easily, or do you just like to insult people?

both.

Okay then.. Anyway, I wasn't trying to start up a fight. I was just trying to politely explain that they probably weren't trying to be racist. But I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

I understand, peace. Probably my words were too harsh, I believe they weren't trying to be racist but that argumentation is often used by racists.

Alrighty then. Looks like we're good. :)

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
1 month ago#143
Hayas***akara posted...
There's a lot to it. For instance, skin tone is based on region, your complexion is based on the intensity of the climate, dark skin exist through evolution as a way to combat the sun, if Fodlan doesn't have that kind of climate then "black" skin won't exist (in the same sense as the real world's black people, I honestly hate that word cause black people aren't really black but whatever) But, Fodlan does have some tropical/arid areas that lends to tanner skin. So that's why we do have tanned skin folks in the cast.

So for "black" people to exist in Fodlan, there had to be some history behind it, like for the united states. Or they have international immigration... but international immigration for this type of world will be hard to believe.

This is totes crazy. The fictional world is on a sphere, which means different regions have different exposure to the sun. There's no plausable way to say "nah there can't be black people"

not only that, but for the entirety of human history there have been displaced populations of people in homelands other than their own. How on earth would immigration be "hard to believe" in any fictional universe. Lack of immigration is hard to believe.

Also, Shadows of Valentia had the game take place in a high sunlight, tropical climate, yet it still had many fair skinned characters, including the royalty.
werd

User Info: tottenhamfan

tottenhamfan
1 month ago#144
I'm not sure how many are aware of it but even in India a country filled with dark skinned people, fairer skin people always get treated like royalty. A dark skinned girl is considered a burden to her family as society thinks no man would want to marry her.

The part of India that I am from Tamil Nadu has the darkest skinned people in India. We speak Tamil, a language completely unrelated to North Indian languages like Hindi. In fact, Hindi is closer related to English than Tamil. In Tamil movies, instead of picking actresses who know the language, they get North Indian actresses who can't act and don't know Tamil to act in our movies rather than a Tamil girl since most of them are dark skinned (there are a few exceptions) while North Indian actresses are fair (there are also a few North Indian actresses who actually learned Tamil so kudos to them).

Seriously, the way dark skinned people are treated is just pathetic. It's nice that some guys actually like dark skinned girls (like me and TC) cuz they get so badly treated.
Tottenham Hotspur fan. #COYS #THFC
Gamefaqs has the worst moderators.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Fire Emblem needs more brown girls
  • Topic Archived