• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I am surprised people do not like fire emblem echoes. What was wrong with it?

User Info: zumaddy

zumaddy
2 months ago#31
Around Act 3 it starts to drag in terms of map quality for both routes, and Celica's especially becomes dull. Around the late half her personality and IQ take a huge hit as well. Add to the fact that Alm got critted from a 1% crit by Duma and I had to start the long last map over which nearly made me throw my 3DS I thought 'thank god' when I finished it and put it away.
Magcargo is the most underrated Pokemon of all time
Playing: Smash Bros, Dragon's Dogma, Apex Legends

User Info: ChibiRidley

ChibiRidley
2 months ago#32
Honestly, the only thing I liked about it was the gameplay(minus the map design in later levels). The magic system was cool, the skill system was cool, archers were fun for the first time in ever... not bad at all

Well, I liked the characters, too, but that was somewhat dulled by how much most of the supports in this game suck, and the story... well, if you remove all the stuff they added(notable Fernand, Berkut, Rinea and Conrad) you would have a mildly underwhelming story. But when you factor in the stuff they added it straight up sucks

liked it more than Fates though
Formally bet on 10/29/2018 that if Jibanyan is a playable character in Smash Ultimate, I will close my account

User Info: MetaphysMonarch

MetaphysMonarch
2 months ago#33
Ignore the haters. Echoes was good.

User Info: Joniden

Joniden
2 months ago#34
I actually love the game. I'll never understand some of the hate these games get.
How in the world does my backlog keep getting bigger?
Oh look new game!

User Info: MageRyuto

MageRyuto
2 months ago#35
The story is good (albeit flawed like all stories), the presentation, art, music, and voice acting are truly top notch.

The characters are overall pretty solid, but only about half of the playable characters get noticeable development/attention provided you don't go out of your way to make sure you get all the supports and village conversations (it takes a while, but I did it because I love the cast). Of course, imo, there's just some really meh characters in general (Faye, Kamui, etc.) and its villains are kind of overhyped. But overall, the characters are pretty great.

The gameplay is... not so cash money.

Alm's maps are plains, forests, and the occasional fortress for the entire game, and they all blend in together very quickly, while Celica's route is boats, then deserts, then swamps. Tbh, I like the boats, and didn't mind the deserts all that much, but the swamps can screw off.

The class selection is really shallow, and due to that and how promotion gains work, there's a good chance a lot of characters will end up pretty samey.

Cantors and any other enemy that can summon monsters needlessly extending the time you spend on a map.

I'm fine with the bonuses from graves and forests, but regular floor tiles should not give avoid bonuses. Ever.

Ironically, I love the dungeon exploration and I think that's a high point of Echoes, but fatigue is a bad mechanic in both FE games that use it. I shouldn't be punished for using characters I love a lot.

Enemy spawns on the world map that actively go towards you to fight and can't be avoided are the work of the devil.

The game in general can get really grindy towards the end.

That said, there are gameplay things I do like, such as Mila's Turnwheel and Combat Arts, so it's not all bad. But I just finished Echoes again, like, a week ago, so a lot of the game is still fresh on my mind. So, the bad stuff is really sticking with me.

Echoes is still a great game through and through, but imo, it's the weakest of the 3DS titles.
User previously known as ReeseBalaski. Still the same petty gremlin that I was a year ago. Fight me.

User Info: SuperWiiCube64

SuperWiiCube64
2 months ago#36
Honestly I see more of the Echoes “hate,” just on Gamefaqs. People probably don’t like it much because of how different it is from the other 3DS games and from other FE games in a few areas.

Personally I knew going in it was going to be a different experience and a remake of one of the earliest games, and I ended up really enjoying the game. I’ll agree with others that the map designs aren’t the best, but I was happy to have a FE game where ALL of my characters felt useful across both paths. It felt like everyone in the groups were pulling their weight and not where only 10-12 people you recruited actually do all the work and others sit around.

I think it’s a great game and it’s one of my favorite FE titles/one of my favorite 3DS games. It isn’t perfect, but it does most things right.
"Now you're playing with power!"

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
2 months ago#37
While I enjoyed it, I do believe that cantors can eat the girthiest dick ever.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: Kid_Gilgamesh

Kid_Gilgamesh
2 months ago#38
Writing and Presentation are pretty good

Gameplay sucks
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I am surprised people do not like fire emblem echoes. What was wrong with it?
  • Topic Archived