• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I am surprised people do not like fire emblem echoes. What was wrong with it?

User Info: Teddytalks

Teddytalks
4 weeks ago#1
While I avoided the game because my 3DS kept breaking, overall it seems like a pretty solid FE game asides from the DLC practices being outright garbage. What was wrong with it?

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 weeks ago#2
You can freely ignore that talk. It's more or less limited to this website and the bulk of it comes from people who actually like Fates.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: sirus0000

sirus0000
4 weeks ago#3
the gameplay, its probably fire emblem at its most boring with its atrocious map design, the boring dungeon crawling, the lack of inventory management ala the one item system and how you can only change what type of weapon you can use is at the start of a fight, etc. The presentation is good and the writing is decent, but the gameplay is really really lacking. This is coming from someone who has played and beaten FE4, FE6-fates.

User Info: salamence_pkmn

salamence_pkmn
4 weeks ago#4
Various reasons but I think some were:
1. Game was too easy even on Hard mode
2. Useless fatigue system
3. Weapon skills
4. Same maps from FE2/Gaiden so nothing new
5. Expensive AF Season Pass
...Its probably alot more but me personally I thought the game was alright too with a good story. Sadly the game doesn't have much replay value however.
Currently Playing: Lapis X Labyrinth (Switch)
Looking Forward To: Super Neptunia RPG (Switch) and Halo MCC (PC)

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
4 weeks ago#5
It’s too faithful to the original. The maps are still awful and bland especially act 4 (Celica), Cantors are absolutely obnoxious and ruin the pace since they keep spawning enemies. Dungeon exploring gets old real quick. Too easy.

The best part of Echoes is its soundtrack and presentation.
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness

User Info: therealpokenar

therealpokenar
4 weeks ago#6
I could go on a rant, but to condense it:

Three Houses have already confirmed to implement the only things I actually liked about the game.

Teddytalks
4 weeks ago#7
sirus0000 posted...
the gameplay, its probably fire emblem at its most boring with its atrocious map design, the boring dungeon crawling, the lack of inventory management ala the one item system and how you can only change what type of weapon you can use is at the start of a fight, etc. The presentation is good and the writing is decent, but the gameplay is really really lacking. This is coming from someone who has played and beaten FE4, FE6-fates.

Hmm, What do you mean change weapon "at start of fight"? This how it always been in FE if I understand it correctly, having it be a strategy to change your unit main weapon via trading. The map design I am curious about as I have not played the game. Does they inherit awakening style map design, being complete clusterf***s, or is it a different kind of problem?

User Info: sirus0000

sirus0000
4 weeks ago#8
Teddytalks posted...
sirus0000 posted...

Hmm, What do you mean change weapon "at start of fight"? This how it always been in FE if I understand it correctly, having it be a strategy to change your unit main weapon via trading. The map design I am curious about as I have not played the game. Does they inherit awakening style map design, being complete clusterf***s, or is it a different kind of problem?

i mean in the prep screen. you couldn't even trade weapons in echoes via trading which made item management pretty non-existent during the actual battles. I would say the map design problem is either with how open and waste of time they are due to how open they are with the enemy formation being incredibly simple(they're basically just bunched up with no thought) to the point that its boring as all heck or there to waste your time with terrain that only serves to waste your time(since as the desert map where most of the battle takes place in a fort with you having to waste turns getting to the fort without anything happening which is a contrast to other FE desert maps that actually have enemies on the desert with you having to interact with the desert in the battle)

User Info: Cynrascal

Cynrascal
4 weeks ago#9
Felt horribly archaic. I could go back to the GBA games and play them just fine, but not this one.
When were you under the impression that being a "JRPG hipster" is a bad thing?
Being normal isn't some sort of badge of honor.

Teddytalks
4 weeks ago#10
sirus0000 posted...
Teddytalks posted...
sirus0000 posted...

i mean in the prep screen. you couldn't even trade weapons in echoes via trading which made item management pretty non-existent during the actual battles. I would say the map design problem is either with how open and waste of time they are due to how open they are with the enemy formation being incredibly simple(they're basically just bunched up with no thought) to the point that its boring as all heck or there to waste your time with terrain that only serves to waste your time(since as the desert map where most of the battle takes place in a fort with you having to waste turns getting to the fort without anything happening which is a contrast to other FE desert maps that actually have enemies on the desert with you having to interact with the desert in the battle)

Which chapter and Act the desert map so I can have a baseline. The lack of trading sounds like garbage, ruined alot of strategy
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I am surprised people do not like fire emblem echoes. What was wrong with it?
  • Topic Archived