• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Story doesn't matter in Fire Emblem

User Info: Mozilla

Mozilla
3 weeks ago#1
I don't mean that in a "Ignore the story who cares if it's bad lol" kinda way. I mean that in a "Stop trying to make a meaningful story IS" kinda way. No one cares if the story is bare-bones. It doesn't matter. Just make the gameplay good, and the story inconsequential. As long as characters, worldbuilding and gameplay are all good, than story doesn't really need to matter. Just do the regular Fire Emblem plot: young prince off to kill the evil emperor until at the last minute, horror of horrors, there's a dragon! That's all you gotta do.
lol

User Info: Reaver4791

Reaver4791
3 weeks ago#2
This.
FE14 Shadowhearth: 15846-97509 55286-69128
Ayane Matsunaga is Persona 4's most underrated waifu, and NOBODY'S changing my mind.

User Info: KawaiiTakumi

KawaiiTakumi
3 weeks ago#3
Mozilla posted...
Just do the regular Fire Emblem plot: young prince off to kill the evil emperor until at the last minute, horror of horrors, there's a dragon!

How about something new and fresh? Stale overrused stories are the absoute worst. Mario and luigi paper jam was one of my leaset pleasent gaming experiences soley because the beyond bland story and characters gave me no motivation to play it. The story justs needs to not be boring. I love drama and plottwists and they really do make the game more fun and worth playing
Fire Emblem fan and fudanshi. OTP is ChromXMaleRobin :3
3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118, Switch friend code is SW-6645-6409-9976, Feh id 3660012766

User Info: MatoiFalconWing

MatoiFalconWing
3 weeks ago#4
Agreed the characters, worldbuilding and gameplay are most important.

User Info: RadiantHowling

RadiantHowling
3 weeks ago#5
Mozilla posted...
As long as characters, worldbuilding and gameplay are all good

Two of those things play into making the story good so...
"Now, you die!"

User Info: SoloCross

SoloCross
3 weeks ago#6
KawaiiTakumi posted...
Mozilla posted...
Just do the regular Fire Emblem plot: young prince off to kill the evil emperor until at the last minute, horror of horrors, there's a dragon!

How about something new and fresh? Stale overrused stories are the absoute worst. Mario and luigi paper jam was one of my leaset pleasent gaming experiences soley because the beyond bland story and characters gave me no motivation to play it. The story justs needs to not be boring. I love drama and plottwists and they really do make the game more fun and worth playing

https://i.imgtc.ws/oBEuUPV.jpg
Waiting for a new Custom Robo... or a new Jet Set Radio... *sigh*
FE Heroes ID: 3571271398

User Info: Reaver4791

Reaver4791
3 weeks ago#7
SoloCross posted...
KawaiiTakumi posted...
Mozilla posted...

https://i.imgtc.ws/oBEuUPV.jpg
FE14 Shadowhearth: 15846-97509 55286-69128
Ayane Matsunaga is Persona 4's most underrated waifu, and NOBODY'S changing my mind.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
3 weeks ago#8
Well certainly Neo-IS needs to stop trying to tell "meaningful" stories since they fail at that pretty hard. Especially now that they're working in otaku pandering tropes that do not mesh well with semi-realistic medieval warfare at all. (A b**** like Camilla would be dead on the first day on the battlefield.)

But I think it says something that Fire Emblem went from top tier video game storytelling in the 90s (If you disagree, you don't remember the 90s. Marth threatening to stab a child slaver in 1990 back when video game protagonists had little to no dialogue was progress.) to below average (with a very low average at that) in the 2000s.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
3 weeks ago#9
The degree to which story matters in a game is based on how much time is spent on it. If a game has minimal story to begin with, I don't care how good it is, but if you expect me to sit through endless cutscenes and walls of text, then I expect them to actually be good.
Meow!

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
3 weeks ago#10
All that matters to me is execution. Even a story that's very simple in concept can be good if handled right.

Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance are both good examples. Very simplistic in terms of concept, but executed very well.

I get that and I'll be perfectly fine.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Story doesn't matter in Fire Emblem
  • Topic Archived