• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So I just Downloaded FE4 Any Tips?

User Info: codemeisterx70

codemeisterx70
6 months ago#1
As the title says I just downloaded geneology of the holy war and I hear that this and thracia are the toughest games.

I dont necessarily want to look up a guide on it but I'm also casual as all get out and have only played FE7 (when I was like 10) FE13,14, and just recently 12

Any tips or tricks I should know before going into these games?

Also happy new year everyone
TLoU PS3 Board- Troy Baker laying down the smack 06/22/13

User Info: ShizuruKuwabara

ShizuruKuwabara
6 months ago#2
https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/secret-events/

Use that. You do not want to miss the Hero Axe or Pursuit Ring.

https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/events/

^That list is also useful although the game will tell you when those conversations are available, if you check the character's status screen.

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
6 months ago#3
literally all i knew is that sigurd is god.
"All true Fire Emblem fans hate Fire Emblem" - The Fir Coat
"Close your acount" - KinoTFS
(message deleted)

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
6 months ago#5
You can make a save at the beginning of every turn. Which you will need because most chapters are like 50 turns long. Although you might just use save states instead.

You can't trade items. The only way to transfer them is by selling them at a shop and then rebuying them with the other character (BTW gold is per unit, not a community thing). So try to make sure you kill enemies that will drop an item with the person you want to have it.

ShizuruKuwabara posted...
https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/secret-events/

Use that. You do not want to miss the Hero Axe or Pursuit Ring.

https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/events/

^That list is also useful although the game will tell you when those conversations are available, if you check the character's status screen.

Good tips, but one thing that list misses which is huge is Forseti (I missed it the first time I played because I assumed those lists would have anything like that covered). To avoid spoiling things, I would just say to the TC: Look up what Forseti is and how to get it during Chapter 4.

You might also want to look up a recommended pairing guide. You said you didn't want to use a guide too much, but there's kind of no way of knowing what pairings are good until way down the line, and you certainly don't wanna redo half the game if you don't like the results of what you did.
bloop

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
6 months ago#6
As the title says I just downloaded geneology of the holy war and I hear that this and thracia are the toughest games.

Genealogy is the second easiest real Fire Emblem. It's harder than Gaiden and the Neo-Fire Emblems (Sacred Stones onwards) for sure, but out of all the REAL Fire Emblems, only Mystery is easier.

There's a few tricky parts (namely recruitments) and powerful bosses to watch out for, but it is generally one of the easier games. (Not counting SS, PoR, RD, Awakening, and Fates. Those games are utter jokes in terms of difficulty.) ESPECIALLY if you make the right pairings.

.....And those pairings are (I'm assuming you're using the latest translation patch with all the NoA names and not one of the older ones which can really make these names confusing.):

EdainxMidir
AyraxLex
LachesisxBeowolf
ErinysxLewyn
SilviaxClaud
TailtiuxAzelle
BrigidxJamke

Also, make sure Sigurd has the Paragon Ring by the end of Chapter 5. Trust me. Getting Seliph his horsey right away does a lot to make things go smoother.

Also, abuse Warp and Return staves to level up staff users. (Especially Lachesis. She is definitely someone you want to promote ASAP.) They give tons of EXP.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: ShizuruKuwabara

ShizuruKuwabara
6 months ago#7
Second gen is always a joke because Ares, Shanan, and Resire Julia are OP. Do not ever worry about pairings.

User Info: codemeisterx70

codemeisterx70
6 months ago#8
Awesome thanks for the advice guys I'm looking forward to this playthrough
TLoU PS3 Board- Troy Baker laying down the smack 06/22/13

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
6 months ago#9
delete it
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: HoennZach

HoennZach
6 months ago#10
Pace yourself in FE4, you shouldnt blaze through it all at once or you are likely to experience burnout. The gameplay isnt the best but I find it fun the same way I find PoR fun, its easy but theres also s*** thats broken to the point where it becomes fun (holy weapons)

The story isnt really as amazing as people probably say, especially if you know the plot twists, but by FE standards its really good, I love how its interwoven with the gameplay and seeing everything play out on the map, and the individual maps actually make up the world map when put side by side. It really feels like this large scale war which is really nice
"Revenge is always sweet, and chaos is the prize"
-Die, RWBY
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So I just Downloaded FE4 Any Tips?
  • Topic Archived