• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is anyone else worried this game is going to be another Fates?

User Info: SirNightmayor

SirNightmayor
2 months ago#61
I honestly wouldn't mind if marriage was a thing in Three Houses but I think the whole children aspect needs to take a hike and leave for at least three games unless they actually plan on using it as a major story point like Awakening.
Friend Code: 1865-3412-2338
Ingame Name for Pokemon Moon: Juan

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
2 months ago#62
There are things I do think that SoV did great, honestly from the story and character interactions IN THE MAIN STORY (like seriously I was surprised to see Claire, Lukas, Tobin, Boey still contribute something to the story instead of devolving into the self insert oc and the marketed character)

I also did like how it tried to make character unique by their skills they can learn, increasing replay value and making choosing units to go a bit further than stats. Tiny quirks in animation I did like such as the certain attack when it would be an attack that would kill.

Obviously the antagonist were wonderfully written Fernand, Berkut and Rudolf who I kind of wished we saw more of but he was still great.

Look it's bringing back weapon durability which I much prefer compared to what Fates and SoV did.
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

User Info: Bandore

Bandore
2 months ago#63
Fates iis my favorite FE while Echoes was my least favorite, so no I'm not worried. I even preferred the GBA games to Echoes.
Justice is not the only right in this world. ~KluYa~ "Final Fantasy IV"

User Info: judgeramza

judgeramza
2 months ago#64
CrazedCavalier posted...
Considering Fates' actual gameplay was great, I'd prefer it to take after Fates.
Chrono trigger is THE best rpg of all time hands down.

User Info: jaoman69

jaoman69
2 months ago#65
No, why would it being amazing worry me?

User Info: katella

katella
2 months ago#66
The disaster that was Fates was an experimental FE title to collect data and see what direction they take. This title is pivotal for them to make sure that they don't make the same mistake. As we have seen, SoV is only a remake so this will be the first potentially real FE in a long time. But if they didn't learn anything from the feedback of Fates, I will lose faith in the longevity of the series.
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#67
katella posted...
The disaster that was Fates was an experimental FE title to collect data and see what direction they take. This title is pivotal for them to make sure that they don't make the same mistake. As we have seen, SoV is only a remake so this will be the first potentially real FE in a long time. But if they didn't learn anything from the feedback of Fates, I will lose faith in the longevity of the series.

And by feedback you mean them seeing that fates was a huge success that made them bank so they should expand even further on fates features to make even more money?
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
My Switch friend code is SW-6645-6409-9976 Fire Emblem Fates is a perfect game with a perfect story fact

User Info: arvilino

arvilino
2 months ago#68
I can't help but notice in this thread being good is equated the removal of stuff people didn't like. But a game simply not having an aspect of a previous one doesn't make the next one good. Fire Emblem not having S-Rank supports and children does not make the support system better.

SoV has a pretty tiny selection of supports and some charcters like Silque has her one and only support conversation not develop her but instead further Faye's one sided romance with Alm. The lower numbers of supports doesn't even result in any more detailed support conversations, some of them are really vapid and you don't really learn much about the characters.

What matters is what the game does have. It doesn't really matter what even a character like Camilla wears or acts like if in the end there's more depth to her character through her supports than a SoV character has. Unless you're offended by a presence of a character like that, but then it no longer becomes a point about quality.
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995

User Info: Saphiro187

Saphiro187
2 months ago#69
Ben111 posted...
Nope, i am happy because I know this is going to be another fates :). IS knows where the money is and they will cater to the casual crowd like any sensible developer would. Also lol at calling fates, a literally perfect game, bad when you like the absolute trash game known as echoes 🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂. Marriage, avatar, and kids is an amazing mechanic that the developers always wanted to add together but they couldn’t until awakening. And those mechanics were universally loved and made fe awakening and fates the best selling games in the franchose, while echoes flopped sales wise

Those emojis. Are you 12?

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#70
Saphiro187 posted...
Ben111 posted...
Nope, i am happy because I know this is going to be another fates :). IS knows where the money is and they will cater to the casual crowd like any sensible developer would. Also lol at calling fates, a literally perfect game, bad when you like the absolute trash game known as echoes 🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂. Marriage, avatar, and kids is an amazing mechanic that the developers always wanted to add together but they couldn’t until awakening. And those mechanics were universally loved and made fe awakening and fates the best selling games in the franchose, while echoes flopped sales wise

Those emojis. Are you 12?

Nope 😳🧐😎
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
My Switch friend code is SW-6645-6409-9976 Fire Emblem Fates is a perfect game with a perfect story fact
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is anyone else worried this game is going to be another Fates?
  • Topic Archived