• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Since it's been more than 1 year since it's reveal...

User Info: matmats1

matmats1
8 months ago#21
Darkdragoon324 posted...
I'm honestly getting annoyed. I'd rather have spent the entire time since the mention last year not knowing an FE was coming than be blue-balled like this. I wish every game was like Fallout 4 where it's existence is announced mere months before release.

Same here.....

User Info: Edgelord1997

Edgelord1997
8 months ago#22
Don't make it like Fates
That game was super divisive and disappointing
The Reaper comes for your soul.... If Edward Falcon is not in Infinite.

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
8 months ago#23
matmats1 posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...
I'm honestly getting annoyed. I'd rather have spent the entire time since the mention last year not knowing an FE was coming than be blue-balled like this. I wish every game was like Fallout 4 where it's existence is announced mere months before release.

Same here.....

At this point, I'm convinced the only reason they announced FE Switch at that time was to entice more people to buy a Switch when it was uncertain if it would sell.

And now they don't really feel the same sense of urgency now that the Switch seems to be going steady.

One way or another, it's annoying as heck.

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
8 months ago#24
Sentinel07 posted...
matmats1 posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...

Same here.....

At this point, I'm convinced the only reason they announced FE Switch at that time was to entice more people to buy a Switch when it was uncertain if it would sell.

And now they don't really feel the same sense of urgency now that the Switch seems to be going steady.

One way or another, it's annoying as heck.

Sounds plausible. I think tho, it's gonna be a massive project. LoZ: BotW took about 3 years (2014 announced, 2017 released) since it's initial actual reveal, who knows how long it took behind-the-scenes.

If this could be an indicator of a massive game taking about 3 years, then FE Switch's so far 2 years (FE Fates came out in 2016 in the West) from its last publish.

It could be a massive title too, especially since Nintendo thinks more highly of FE nowadays.
3DS Friend Code: 0216-1540-8113
Super Smash Bros. 3DS main: Kirby

User Info: tokko1234

tokko1234
8 months ago#25
Sentinel07 posted...
Endgame posted...
I'm expecting a game even more braindead with Fates with increased playable unit power creep and enemies falling even farther behind.

With more godawful Kozaki designs. Including recycled Kozaki designs, like Milcala.

And even worse writing. (Remember how they said they "learned their lesson" with Awakening and then we got Fates?)

.....Simply put, I have no expectations. Sacred Stones was awful and each new game has been more awful than the last.

I think they had good intentions with Fates plot, but it didn't help that the guy they got was a novelist who had never worked on a video game before.

Plus there was probably quite a bit of corporate meddling involved, particularly with Revelation.

i agree the idea of Fates and certain parts of the plot were good but over all it just fell short. i liked the idea but i do not think they took it far enough. i like the idea of being forced to choose a side in a conflict like that i just think it needed more to it maybe add in more choices down the line too such as remaining loyal to the king or trying to overthrow him so you could go full evel.

User Info: Ky_the_Cat

Ky_the_Cat
8 months ago#26
My predictions:

-Story and character wise, it's more like Awakening and Echoes and less like Fates
-Same sex S-Supports will probably make a return
-Gameplay will be similar to that of Awakening

-Treehouse will be kept well away from this game, after the bad reception from Fates' localization.

User Info: tokko1234

tokko1234
8 months ago#27
honestly i hope they keep S rank supports i do not need marriage and children but you could do something else with them and i kind of like being able to A rank anyone but have 1 main support as an S rank. also i liked the gameplay awakening had though the reclass system was way to overpowered for fire emblem to me. that said i liked the idea of dragon veins just as i like the idea of the dungeons from SoV so i wouldnt mind variations of those popping up.

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
8 months ago#28
The only thing I really want is that they do more with the story than they did in Fates (which had a lot of potential but they screwed it up for the most part).
I also hope that whoever composed the soundtrack for Fates is on board again. Fates' soundtrack is my favourite soundtrack in Fire Emblem.

But honestly I'm kinda starting to worry because we know NOTHING about this game yet (but we know about the ney Yoshi game which also doesn't have any release date as well). I'm honestly starting to wonder if we will really get a 2018 release.

User Info: WitchressOrochi

WitchressOrochi
8 months ago#29
tokko1234 posted...
honestly i hope they keep S rank supports i do not need marriage and children but you could do something else with them and i kind of like being able to A rank anyone but have 1 main support as an S rank. also i liked the gameplay awakening had though the reclass system was way to overpowered for fire emblem to me. that said i liked the idea of dragon veins just as i like the idea of the dungeons from SoV so i wouldnt mind variations of those popping up.

Marriage will obviously stay Children is 50/50

User Info: WitchressOrochi

WitchressOrochi
8 months ago#30
Ky_the_Cat posted...
My predictions:

-Story and character wise, it's more like Awakening and Echoes and less like Fates
-Same sex S-Supports will probably make a return
-Gameplay will be similar to that of Awakening

-Treehouse will be kept well away from this game, after the bad reception from Fates' localization.

This
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Since it's been more than 1 year since it's reveal...
  • Topic Archived