They're not making us wait on another dating sim right?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. They're not making us wait on another dating sim right?

User Info: Arne83

Arne83
7 months ago#101
Dragonage2ftw posted...
What’s FE’s excuse? If what Fields is saying is true, then the drought wouldn’t have affected s***.

That's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to contest.

Also, Etrian is huge in Japan.

Yes, it is. However... in Japan, EO4 came out three months before Awakening did. It was only released alongside Awakening in North America... where the series isn't that popular.
https://i.imgur.com/uoAs6dS.jpg This is me... daily...
NNID: Arne83

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
7 months ago#102
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Additionally, Awakening had to compete with Etrian Odyssey 4 around its release date, yet Etrian isn’t as big as Awakening. Why? Could it be because of waifu’s and supports?

Or! Or... it could be because Etrian Odyssey has never been that popular of a series.

What’s FE’s excuse? If what Fields is saying is true, then the drought wouldn’t have affected s***.

So is FE in Japan, really huge. Also you do know Fire Emblem has a pretty big following in the west since FE7 right? And Awakening got advertisement from a demo and even Smash itself featured Awakening heavily.

Awakening would've sold the same, it looked pretty and had lots of hype and appeal behind it. It had proper stuff like a proper demo to build hype.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
7 months ago#103
IceCreamOnStero posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Ben111

This.

S Supports is are a core portion of the franchise now.

It’s just as important as, say, the weapons triangle.

Get outta here, @A_Field_Lover

By that logic, Bonus EXP is a core portion of the franchise.

S Supports have been in two games.

4 games actually, 5 if you count dlc. Also full voice acting was only in two games. Does that mean they should remove it cause it would waste resources?
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
I like video games

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
7 months ago#104
A_Field_Lover posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Additionally, Awakening had to compete with Etrian Odyssey 4 around its release date, yet Etrian isn’t as big as Awakening. Why? Could it be because of waifu’s and supports?

Or! Or... it could be because Etrian Odyssey has never been that popular of a series.

So is FE in Japan, really huge. Also you do know Fire Emblem has a pretty big following in the west since FE7 right? And Awakening got advertisement from a demo and even Smash itself featured Awakening heavily.

Awakening would've sold the same, it looked pretty and had lots of hype and appeal behind it. It had proper stuff like a proper demo to build hype.

You're comparing the two in the same years.

Not possible, as Smash was announced after Awakening's success, hence the initial reveal of 2 characters in the trailer (Robin and Lucina). That was in July of 2014 - September of 2014 included the launch of the Smash 3DS version with a starting roster of 4 (Robin, Lucina, Marth, Ike). Later on, DLC for Roy and Corrin would come out in 2015 & 2016.

Awakening's initial announcement was in April 2012 for Japan, February 2013 for America. Smash did not make it more popular, for it already sold 1 million worldwide by the time Smash dropped. It probably gave it some more people to take it seriously, especially with 6 characters (kinda more like 8, with 2 character swaps).

Anyways, TL;DR: Awakening was popular way before Smash.
3DS Friend Code: 0216-1540-8113
Super Smash Bros. 3DS main: Kirby

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
7 months ago#105
SamBamBamz posted...
A_Field_Lover posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...

You're comparing the two in the same years.

Not possible, as Smash was announced after Awakening's success, hence the initial reveal of 2 characters in the trailer (Robin and Lucina). That was in July of 2014 - September of 2014 included the launch of the Smash 3DS version with a starting roster of 4 (Robin, Lucina, Marth, Ike). Later on, DLC for Roy and Corrin would come out in 2015 & 2016.

Awakening's initial announcement was in April 2012 for Japan, February 2013 for America. Smash did not make it more popular, for it already sold 1 million worldwide by the time Smash dropped. It probably gave it some more people to take it seriously, especially with 6 characters (kinda more like 8, with 2 character swaps).

Anyways, TL;DR: Awakening was popular way before Smash.

Does it really matter? Awakening would've been successful regardless because it was at the right place at the right time. Complete with honeymoon phase that lasted a while. It can rival FE7's nostalgia!

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
7 months ago#106
Ben111 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Ben111

This.

4 games actually, 5 if you count dlc. Also full voice acting was only in two games. Does that mean they should remove it cause it would waste resources?

Fates doesn't count as 3 games.
"You have retained your mortality, which would men you are VULNERABLE. TO. DEATH" -Scorpion, 1997

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
7 months ago#107
Ben111 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Ben111

This.

Fates has the content of 3 games
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
I like video games

User Info: lemon_love01

lemon_love01
7 months ago#108
I personally only got into FE thanks to Awakening and Fates, so no I like the dating sim aspect of it.
To see with eyes unclouded by hate.

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
7 months ago#109
Ben111 posted...
Ben111 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Ben111

This.

Fates has the content of 3 games

It still has the excact same mechanics, characters, all that. The only difference is the chapters, the path exclusive characters and grinding/no grinding.
"You have retained your mortality, which would men you are VULNERABLE. TO. DEATH" -Scorpion, 1997

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
7 months ago#110
Arne83 posted...
Honestly... I don't think Fields is wrong here.

I really don't think having slightly less marriage options would be that big of blow the sales of the game.

I don't think it would be any, I've always maintained 99% of the reason Awakening and Fates did better is because they were actually advertised which 9-12 weren't at all.
bloop
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. They're not making us wait on another dating sim right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived