Descendents

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
8 months ago#41
I first thought that the game was called "Descendents" when I saw this topic. But it seems like everyone is talking about how much they hate Awakening & Fates descendants instead.

In other news, I'd like a game to be called Fire Emblem: Descendents. That sounds really cool and gives me a Geneology-type vibe. Of course, it would be its own standalone game and not be tied into any other series, such as Sacred and Radiant (correct me if I'm wrong).

That's me tho. What sounds like a cool name anyways?
3DS Friend Code: 0216-1540-8113
Super Smash Bros. 3DS main: Kirby

User Info: judgementaeon

judgementaeon
8 months ago#42
SamBamBamz posted...
I first thought that the game was called "Descendents" when I saw this topic. But it seems like everyone is talking about how much they hate Awakening & Fates descendants instead.

In other news, I'd like a game to be called Fire Emblem: Descendents. That sounds really cool and gives me a Geneology-type vibe. Of course, it would be its own standalone game and not be tied into any other series, such as Sacred and Radiant (correct me if I'm wrong).

That could definitely be cool! I do kinda like the name descendants. Or maybe inheritors or successors.
Not allowed to be hyped for anything. It always backfires.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
8 months ago#43
... Except... The series has already gone without connecting.

Jugdral and Magvel are big examples of this. Both continents are pretty dang isolated from the rest of the series.

lolwhat?

-Fire Emblem's world was interconnected as early as the second damn game, which even had 4 characters from the first game.

-Jugdral is in the same world as Archanea and Valentia/Valm. To the point where the entire f***ing conflict in Jugdral was caused by meddling from Archanea. Loptyr was an Earth Dragon, the Naga who gave Heim her dragonstone is the very same Naga as Archanea's Naga/Nagi, which is the same Naga as in Awakening, and the implication is that Medeus learned how to become a Shadow Dragon from Loptyr.

So yeah. It was Kaga's intention that Fire Emblems took place on the same planet. IS even took note of this and had Elibe take place in an entirely different world and established dimension hopping as a thing. (Paving the way to Awakening's underutilized Outrealm concept.)
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Xaniel

Xaniel
8 months ago#44
judgementaeon posted...
SamBamBamz posted...

That could definitely be cool! I do kinda like the name descendants. Or maybe inheritors or successors.

Not what I intended but it keeps to the topic. So yeah I'm gonna keep it open because I'm interested in these names. You two got me hooked.

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
8 months ago#45
I don't like the name Fire Emblem: Descendants because it just makes me think if Disney's Descendants, which I had to watch while babysitting and is all sorts of cringe. Also:

SamBamBamz posted...
Of course, it would be its own standalone game and not be tied into any other series, such as Sacred and Radiant (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think the appeal of 'descendants' would be a far-future sequel game of a previous one, otherwise why do we care who's descended from who? The name just sort of implies a return to a familiar world with different but related characters. It just has slightly different connotations than "Genealogy of the Holy War" does and wouldn't really fit a game that is completely standalone.

At least IMO. Maybe Disney's Descendants has just made me think that way, since it's all about the children of Disney protagonists and villains.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
8 months ago#46
@Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Arne83 posted...
Not everything has to connect. Hell, look at Final Fantasy... one of the biggest JRPG franchises in existence... and, apart form the rare direct sequel, none of the games connect to each other.

Different series, different rules.

You would have a point... if it weren't for the fact that there are plenty of games that aren't connected to others already...

Fan games don’t count, silly.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Arne83

Arne83
8 months ago#47
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Arne83 posted...
Not everything has to connect. Hell, look at Final Fantasy... one of the biggest JRPG franchises in existence... and, apart form the rare direct sequel, none of the games connect to each other.

You would have a point... if it weren't for the fact that there are plenty of games that aren't connected to others already...

What makes you think I'm talking about fan games?
https://i.imgur.com/uoAs6dS.jpg This is me... daily...
NNID: Arne83

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
8 months ago#48
Darkdragoon324 posted...
I don't like the name Fire Emblem: Descendants because it just makes me think if Disney's Descendants, which I had to watch while babysitting and is all sorts of cringe. Also:

SamBamBamz posted...
Of course, it would be its own standalone game and not be tied into any other series, such as Sacred and Radiant (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think the appeal of 'descendants' would be a far-future sequel game of a previous one, otherwise why do we care who's descended from who? The name just sort of implies a return to a familiar world with different but related characters. It just has slightly different connotations than "Genealogy of the Holy War" does and wouldn't really fit a game that is completely standalone.

At least IMO. Maybe Disney's Descendants has just made me think that way, since it's all about the children of Disney protagonists and villains.

lol, a game titled Fire Emblem: Disney Descendants would be rad. Perhaps the protagonist would be named Disney, and the first ever to have his name in the title to show significance.

Or it could be a mix of Mutiny pirates within the Caribbean where a Captain is on one side, followed up with a Castle of sorts with Vampires with lookalike Xander/Hector protagonist is an anti-hero. Oh, and swapping different skills' abilities such as Sol and Luna, too.

Then, Disney has to make a choice; side with a hot-headed Duck or a mentally-challenged Dog.

That would be an awesome Fire Emblem game.
3DS Friend Code: 0216-1540-8113
Super Smash Bros. 3DS main: Kirby

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
8 months ago#49
Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Arne83 posted...

Which games are you referring to?
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Arne83

Arne83
8 months ago#50
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
@Arne83 posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Arne83 posted...

Which games are you referring to?

Well, mainly Sacred Stones. We could easily count Binding/Blazing Blade as well, as they only really connect to each other...
https://i.imgur.com/uoAs6dS.jpg This is me... daily...
NNID: Arne83

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived