• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's have a recap on the previous lords then discuss on FE16's lord.

User Info: TheZuperHero

TheZuperHero
9 months ago#101
NightCats posted...
And I know RD has ass availability.

But availability is a key component of viability. Not to mention "I don't remember that being a problem" and "use an emulator!" aren't exactly the greatest arguments.
Now Playing: Lost Sphear, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 NNID: TotalJakeout

User Info: NightCats

NightCats
9 months ago#102
TheZuperHero posted...
NightCats posted...

But availability is a key component of viability. Not to mention "I don't remember that being a problem" and "use an emulator!" aren't exactly the greatest arguments.

BEXP, and I was talking about early game.

If you were more clear, and listed examples, I could help you more. So sorry I disagree.

TheZuperHero
9 months ago#103
NightCats posted...
TheZuperHero posted...
NightCats posted...

BEXP, and I was talking about early game.

If you were more clear, and listed examples, I could help you more. So sorry I disagree.

Don't be sorry! I'm glad you like Radiant Dawn. I really wish I did. I just can't get past a lot of the problems I have for it.
Now Playing: Lost Sphear, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Mercenaries Saga Chronicles

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
9 months ago#104
Lol arguing over RD on a FE16 lord post.

So I take it that some don’t want as many units that RD had, nor the part systems where “75%” of the cast are used.

What about trying to fix this for the upcoming game lol
3DS Friend Code: 0216-1540-8113
Super Smash Bros. 3DS main: Kirby

User Info: snorism

snorism
9 months ago#105
ooff, way to sound condescending in all you responses. Alright so let's say that every unit has some sort of niche use early game (which is total bs but i'll play along), the majority of the time these units are
A) Units who are above the average level for the chapter like Sothe or Volug who'll drain the map dry of exp more than anything
B) Characters who were in PoR with the exception of a couple characters
C) Need BExp but the thing with BExp is that it always, only increases 3 stats everytime. Using BExp exclusively to make a unit catch up will undoubtedly make them weaker than the rest.

Don't go on about Fiora being so viable that you can use her endgame that's so BS, she's not even viable early game. The only viable characters are anyone who's still with Ike (Bar Mist), Zihark, the Laguz royals, Haar, Aran, Edward, Nephenee, and some other endgame or bonus characters. Even then why use Aran or Edward when Nephenee is there ready to go and Zihark or Mia are arguably better? Not to mention that Edward and Aran get screwed by availability which, btw, you mentioned was terrible. I don't see how you can say that the majority ot the damn cast is viable for end game when the majority aren't even viable for the chapters they appear in.

The difficulty in RD is total BS, it isn't challenging it's just stupid. Part 1 especially. Not only do you get units with durability that's as consistent as wet paper, every enemy units stat is blown to unreal proportions for your level 1 units (with defense like wet paper btw) to handle. EVERYTHING will kill in one hit unless you're Sothe or Nolan and even then your units can hardly output damage for s***. To get past these first few chapters you have to pray to god that you dodge some of the hits coming your way. You also only get ONE healer for the majority of part 1, only one. Then add biorhythym on top of all that bulls*** and you have a game where you'll be hitting the reset button more than actually playing it. It's so f***ing disappointing that this is the case too because they nailed the difficulty in FE7 and 6. RD is just annoying to play, restarting a chapter dozens of times because of all these factors that are out of my control was annoying. And as much as I hate to say it Conquest nailed it's difficulty, especially hard and lunatic. It's mostly perfect in that regard because, unlike RD, you're given the tools to handle each chapter.

Coming from someone who hates fates
Conquest maps > RD maps

Maybe I forgot to say it at first but CQ maps add to the fun of the gameplay and can be used to add to your strategy. I'm not going to argue this though since this all comes down to a matter of taste and that's not what I'm trying to argue.

@NightCats
FC: 1306-9452-9970
IGN: Aladdin

NightCats
9 months ago#106
snorism posted...
ooff, way to sound condescending in all you responses. Alright so let's say that every unit has some sort of niche use early game (which is total bs but i'll play along), the majority of the time these units are
A) Units who are above the average level for the chapter like Sothe or Volug who'll drain the map dry of exp more than anything
B) Characters who were in PoR with the exception of a couple characters
C) Need BExp but the thing with BExp is that it always, only increases 3 stats everytime. Using BExp exclusively to make a unit catch up will undoubtedly make them weaker than the rest.

Don't go on about Fiora being so viable that you can use her endgame that's so BS, she's not even viable early game. The only viable characters are anyone who's still with Ike (Bar Mist), Zihark, the Laguz royals, Haar, Aran, Edward, Nephenee, and some other endgame or bonus characters. Even then why use Aran or Edward when Nephenee is there ready to go and Zihark or Mia are arguably better? Not to mention that Edward and Aran get screwed by availability which, btw, you mentioned was terrible. I don't see how you can say that the majority ot the damn cast is viable for end game when the majority aren't even viable for the chapters they appear in.

The difficulty in RD is total BS, it isn't challenging it's just stupid. Part 1 especially. Not only do you get units with durability that's as consistent as wet paper, every enemy units stat is blown to unreal proportions for your level 1 units (with defense like wet paper btw) to handle. EVERYTHING will kill in one hit unless you're Sothe or Nolan and even then your units can hardly output damage for s***. To get past these first few chapters you have to pray to god that you dodge some of the hits coming your way. You also only get ONE healer for the majority of part 1, only one. Then add biorhythym on top of all that bulls*** and you have a game where you'll be hitting the reset button more than actually playing it. It's so f***ing disappointing that this is the case too because they nailed the difficulty in FE7 and 6. RD is just annoying to play, restarting a chapter dozens of times because of all these factors that are out of my control was annoying. And as much as I hate to say it Conquest nailed it's difficulty, especially hard and lunatic. It's mostly perfect in that regard because, unlike RD, you're given the tools to handle each chapter.

Coming from someone who hates fates
Conquest maps > RD maps

Maybe I forgot to say it at first but CQ maps add to the fun of the gameplay and can be used to add to your strategy. I'm not going to argue this though since this all comes down to a matter of taste and that's not what I'm trying to argue.

@NightCats

Not trying to be a dick. I tend to be a bit deadpan talking online. Anway...
I been meaning to ask, are we talking about Easy, Normal, or Hard RD? It changes things. Hard RD is right bulls*** and I would honestly agree with most of what you are saying.

Now, not every unit have its niche, but units like Volug and Sothe act like Jagens as they have the HP or defense to take some blows, and Sothe and rip laguz a new a****** if he has a Beast Killer and Volug has halfshift, so what is bs? Leo and Edward have a part as well and Nolan is a good unit, even in part 3. What I am saying is that some maps you need to rely on Sothe and Volug to choke points, but that doesn't mean Edward/Leo/Nolan/Miccy can clear out the rest of the map. And while BEXP might only raise 3 stats at a time, it is enough to make some viable, like Fiora, but you are basically f***ed if its Part 3 and Fiora never left the bench.

I admit I am not clear enough. I am saying you can use any unit in endgame provided they get BEXP and enough kills.

And I need to know what difficulty you are referring to in your last paragraph.

@snorism

TheZuperHero
9 months ago#107
snorism posted...

Not to mention that this is only a Bandaid. "Oh, you don't get to use the units you like enough? Here, just pretend you did and level them up in a menu!"

NightCats
9 months ago#108
TheZuperHero posted...
snorism posted...

Not to mention that this is only a Bandaid. "Oh, you don't get to use the units you like enough? Here, just pretend you did and level them up in a menu!"

But then you can get to use them.

TheZuperHero
9 months ago#109
NightCats posted...
TheZuperHero posted...
snorism posted...

But a game should be designed so that you could use them to a satisfactory level in the first place. Not added in a backwards system where you can "catch them up" to be used in what little game is left. The catch up part isn't fun, it's just trying to patch over fun you haven't already been having.

NightCats
9 months ago#110
TheZuperHero posted...
NightCats posted...
TheZuperHero posted...
snorism posted...

But a game should be designed so that you could use them to a satisfactory level in the first place. Not added in a backwards system where you can "catch them up" to be used in what little game is left. The catch up part isn't fun, it's just trying to patch over fun you haven't already been having.

Eh, I guess I have to agree.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's have a recap on the previous lords then discuss on FE16's lord.
  • Topic Archived