• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Where does this entry rank for you guys?

User Info: briguy

briguy
3 months ago#1
Just beat it yesterday, and it was one of the harder games in the series for me. Not as bad as Conquest but still quite challenging.

As far as rank goes, my favorites are PoR, RD, Awakening and BS, so I'd rank Echoes 5th, putting it over the first game, SS and Fates.

I really liked the characters and story and music and abilities, hated the level design of some maps, hated how often both friendlies and enemies dodged attacks, and I didn't like only being able to hold one item.

What say you?
Review scores, goty and whether or not a game is exclusive means nothing unless you're a child or fanboy. Time for the gaming community to grow up.

User Info: Mooman

Mooman
3 months ago#2
Well, it's easily the best 3ds game at the very least, although that's not saying much
If no one comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it really be?

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
3 months ago#3
Hard to say. Better than Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn at the very least. So the 4th or 5th worse game maybe?
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: briguy

briguy
3 months ago#4
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Hard to say. Better than Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn at the very least. So the 4th or 5th worse game maybe?

What didn't you like about RD? It was very challenging and quite long.
Review scores, goty and whether or not a game is exclusive means nothing unless you're a child or fanboy. Time for the gaming community to grow up.

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
3 months ago#5
2nd worst in the series, right next to Rev.

The characters and presentation are nice, but porting maps straight out of a NES era is a bad idea no matter how you spin it.

I also rather dislike plot. It may not be as bad as it could be, but I was expecting to hold up the game for me. But by the end of the game, was skipping cutscenes just hoping for it to be over a little faster.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
3 months ago#6
briguy posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...

What didn't you like about RD? It was very challenging and quite long.

Challenging? Only maybe during pt 1, and even then you had too many units that could curbstomp like Taureno and Zihark. I disliked the whole party changing for every part.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
3 months ago#7
Above the DS remakes, the original Gaiden, and everything released after Blazing Blade, but below the real Fire Emblems.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
3 months ago#8
It’s my favourite Fire Emblem game, but I don’t really like any of the others I’ve played. I’m not too sure what it is about this game that clicked for me, but I really liked it.
Ma la vita continua...

User Info: A Novel Idea

A Novel Idea
3 months ago#9
My experience has been with FE4, the GBA FEs, the GC FE and FEH. The presentation in this game blows the others out of the water and I actually liked the gameplay

User Info: MrPibbs11

MrPibbs11
3 months ago#10
3rd, after Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn.
I'll do far more than that. I'll provide you with a sorry end to your messy life.
Then I have no choice.... Damn the Wheel. Damn the world!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Where does this entry rank for you guys?
  • Post New Message