You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Could Clive lift an ambulance if his baby was in danger?

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
2 months ago#11
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
How do you explain people from our world doing the same?

Quite easily, actually.

It's a pair of things that could be filed under the same thing, but I won't because I'm mean like that.

Adrenaline and the "parental response".

As anyone who's studied the human body would know, we're commonly limited to only 30% of our muscles' full capacity. They do contain enough strength to rip themselves off the bones, after all, and that is a bad thing for the human body, so the brain limits them on purpose. Now, under extreme circumstances, such as... oh, I dunno, lifting an ambulance when your baby is in danger, these limiters are removed, giving what seems to be paranormal physical strength in the time of great need.

Now, I mentioned the parental response because that's one of the more... I hesitate to say "common", so I'll say "trope-y" methods of accessing this infinite well of physical strength, wherein a parent sees their child in danger and accesses 100% of their strength in a single explosive burst.

As for the topic title, the answer is yes. There is no reason why a ostensibly fit man in his late 20s to early 30s wouldn't be able to lift an ambulance if his own child were to be in direct physical harm.
How many people can say they ordered Actually Satan to clean their house? https://youtu.be/b8Eq8TUki44
https://i.imgtc.com/j3f67nb.jpg

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
2 months ago#12
SaizotheSixth posted...

Quite easily, actually.

It's a pair of things that could be filed under the same thing, but I won't because I'm mean like that.

As anyone who's studied the human body would know, we're commonly limited to only 30% of our muscles' full capacity. They do contain enough strength to rip themselves off the bones, after all, and that is a bad thing for the human body, so the brain limits them on purpose. Now, under extreme circumstances, such as... oh, I dunno, lifting an ambulance when your baby is in danger, these limiters are removed, giving what seems to be paranormal physical strength in the time of great need.

Now, I mentioned the parental response because that's one of the more... I hesitate to say "common", so I'll say "trope-y" methods of accessing this infinite well of physical strength, wherein a parent sees their child in danger and accesses 100% of their strength in a single explosive burst.

As for the topic title, the answer is yes. There is no reason why a ostensibly fit man in his late 20s to early 30s wouldn't be able to lift an ambulance if his own child were to be in direct physical harm.

Problem is Clive being weak as dip s***

Sure he grows in HP and DEF but nothing else

Even Matilda grows more STR than him, he's weaker than his wife

From my point of view, Matilda would be the one saving the baby, not Clive
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
2 months ago#13
charcoalswift posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...

Quite easily, actually.

If you noticed, I never tried to argue stats or anything of the like.
How many people can say they ordered Actually Satan to clean their house? https://youtu.be/b8Eq8TUki44
https://i.imgtc.com/j3f67nb.jpg

charcoalswift
2 months ago#14
SaizotheSixth posted...
charcoalswift posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...

Quite easily, actually.

If you noticed, I never tried to argue stats or anything of the like.

Clive being weaker than Matilda is fact

Matilda is the kingdom's legendary knight or sth while Clive is just an average man
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
2 months ago#15
SaizotheSixth posted...

Quite easily, actually.

Yeah, exactly, that's precisely what I wanted you to say. Adrenaline, which FE characters also have.

And some people like a certain addled piece of burnt wood here assume that Clive somehow can't have adrenaline and parental response either. Fire Emblem characters are demigods compared to people from our world. If they ever get adrenaline, they will be way stronger than what they are already.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 2 months ago)

charcoalswift
2 months ago#16
SaizotheSixth posted...

Quite easily, actually.

Yeah, exactly, that's precisely what I wanted you to say. Adrenaline, which FE characters also have.

And some people like a certain addled piece of burnt wood here assume that Clive somehow can't have adrenaline and parental response either. Fire Emblem characters are demigods compared to people from our world. If they ever get adrenaline, they will be way stronger than what they are already.

Adrenaline = critical hit

Lol clive barely scores crits

User Info: Liquid_King

Liquid_King
4 weeks ago#17
considering how small his peepee is from all those steroids, I don't believe that's his baby. The cuck is fooling himself.
King Harkinian deserves his own game.
https://youtu.be/Lqtlm7fXSQQ

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#18
Liquid_King posted...
considering how small his peepee is from all those steroids, I don't believe that's his baby. The cuck is fooling himself.

your penis shrinks when you take steroids?????!!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂

User Info: Liquid_King

Liquid_King
4 weeks ago#19
charcoalswift posted...
Liquid_King posted...

Or maybe it was the testicles, either way I remember they affect your reproductive organs in some capacity.
King Harkinian deserves his own game.
https://youtu.be/Lqtlm7fXSQQ

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#20
Liquid_King posted...
charcoalswift posted...
Liquid_King posted...

Or maybe it was the testicles, either way I remember they affect your reproductive organs in some capacity.

Yikes, probably both the stick and stones shrunk, steroids nasty s***
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Could Clive lift an ambulance if his baby was in danger?