You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. How good would Rinkah be in Echoes and how good would Clive be in Fates?

User Info: pennylessz

pennylessz
2 months ago#1
Well?

Just considered having a little thought experiment after witnessing more arguing over their viability. I never actually used Rinkah, so it's not my area of expertise.
Check out JeanineJewels: https://etsy.me/2DpGUON
I was grinched by the Grinch.

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
2 months ago#2
Rinkah would be amazing in Echoes. Clive would be even worse in Fates.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses
Team Thani FE:H ID: 1168253504

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
2 months ago#3
If we're talking if they keep their growths...

Rinkah would be nigh-Lukas tier and Clive would be a Jagen.
How many people can say they ordered Actually Satan to clean their house? https://youtu.be/b8Eq8TUki44
https://i.imgtc.com/j3f67nb.jpg

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
2 months ago#4
Rinkah would easily be better. Pretty much Lukas, but whitout any of his flaws and at the expense of some HP that she rarely needs.

Clive would be pretty much Silas 0.5. Having his STR but lacking his SPD and DEF.

And no, they wouldn't keep their growths, they would have to be translated to Echoes growths.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 2 months ago)

SaizotheSixth
2 months ago#5
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
And no, they wouldn't keep their growths, they would have to be translated to Echoes growths.

Very well, then. Let us engage in a discourse.

How would one go about translating Oni stats, mainly as a class, into Echoes growths?
How many people can say they ordered Actually Satan to clean their house? https://youtu.be/b8Eq8TUki44

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
2 months ago#6
Rinkah would be really OP in real Fire Emblem + Gaiden.

Clive would be salvageable in Fates due to lolskill buying and tonics.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

DiogoShadowJorg
2 months ago#7
SaizotheSixth posted...

How would one go about translating Oni stats, mainly as a class, into Echoes growths?

Simple. In echoes her growths as a Oni and bases would be:

lv 4 HP 24 STR 9 SKL 3 SPD 6 DEF 8 RES 2 LUK 4

HP 30% STR 30% SKL 40% SPD 45% DEF 50% RES 3% LUK 25%

In Echoes, characters have higher HP bases than normal for a FE game, what with Alm already starting at 28. same for STR which is usually a bit higher than normal fare for physical classes, we have Clive for instance who has 12 ATK from the get-go.

Growths are lower than normal, specially RES, so it would obvious take a dive.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
(edited 2 months ago)

SaizotheSixth
2 months ago#8
SaizotheSixth posted...

In Echoes, characters have higher HP bases than normal for a FE game, what with Alm already starting at 28. same for STR which is usually a bit higher than normal fare for physical classes, we have Clive for instance who has 12 ATK from the get-go.

Alm does start with 28 HP, but we should also take into account that he is the protagonist. I think a more reasonable number for HP would possibly be an equal to Lukas' 22, if not maybe a bit higher at 23.

Her having 9 STR to start wouldn't be too far out of the question, so I'll accept that.

Beyond Alm, who again has higher stats than his compatriots, 3 SKL is reasonable. 6 SPD, however, is a bit more iffy. Only two characters have that much SPD, Alm and Tobin, and none of the others have more than 4, so I'd say a good equal would be, again, Lukas' 4, if not a bit lower at 3.

Nobody has 8 DEF at the beginning of the game. Only a single character that you pick up within the first two acts has more than 7, and the only one who does is Valbar... who's a promoted Knight. If anything, she'd be comparable to Clive's 7, if not a bit lower at 6.

Nobody has any RES, so I won't contest the 2. And luck's a bit all over the place, so I won't contest that luck score.

The only units who have 30% HP growth as their own growths are clerics and mages, and no class has an HP growth greater than 10%. So I'd buff her personal HP growth to 40% while keeping Oni's class growth at a solid 10%.

A lot of those growths would fit in as personal growths over class growths, as not a single class in Valentia goes over +/-10 in either direction, if it even touches a stat at all. So something more reasonable would probably be...

40/40/35/35/45/25/2 for HP/STR/SKL/SPD/DEF/LUCK/RES.

Keep in mind that I cross-referenced the character growths posted for Valentia on the Serenes Forest wiki. And that these are not a compilation of her stat growths, but her own personal growths.
(edited 2 months ago)

DiogoShadowJorg
2 months ago#9
SaizotheSixth posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...

Alm does start with 28 HP, but we should also take into account that he is the protagonist. I think a more reasonable number for HP would possibly be an equal to Lukas' 22, if not maybe a bit higher at 23.

Her having 9 STR to start wouldn't be too far out of the question, so I'll accept that.

Beyond Alm, who again has higher stats than his compatriots, 3 SKL is reasonable. 6 SPD, however, is a bit more iffy. Only two characters have that much SPD, Alm and Tobin, and none of the others have more than 4, so I'd say a good equal would be, again, Lukas' 4, if not a bit lower at 3.

Nobody has 8 DEF at the beginning of the game. Only a single character that you pick up within the first two acts has more than 7, and the only one who does is Valbar... who's a promoted Knight. If anything, she'd be comparable to Clive's 7, if not a bit lower at 6.

Nobody has any RES, so I won't contest the 2. And luck's a bit all over the place, so I won't contest that luck score.

The only units who have 30% HP growth as their own growths are clerics and mages, and no class has an HP growth greater than 10%. So I'd buff her personal HP growth to 40% while keeping Oni's class growth at a solid 10%.

A lot of those growths would fit in as personal growths over class growths, as not a single class in Valentia goes over +/-10 in either direction, if it even touches a stat at all. So something more reasonable would probably be...

40/40/35/35/45/25/2 for HP/STR/SKL/SPD/DEF/LUCK/RES.

Keep in mind that I cross-referenced the character growths posted for Valentia on the Serenes Forest wiki. And that these are not a compilation of her stat growths, but her own personal growths.

Seems reasonable, yes.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. How good would Rinkah be in Echoes and how good would Clive be in Fates?