You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Which character should I give all my favoritism to?

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
3 months ago#1
Which one!?

I've saved up all the dungeon stat boosts, the boots, pitchfork, and stat boosters to use on one character. I just don't know who to choose!?

Initially, my choice was between Luthier, Boey, and Est, but Clair has been getting 4+ stat boosts every level so she immediately is a contender now.

I want to destroy Thabes with this unit so I must choose carefully!
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses
Team Thani FE:H ID: 1168253504

MissCarriage
3 months ago#2
Bump!

User Info: pennylessz

pennylessz
3 months ago#3
I voted for Est, but I take it back. Go with Clair or Luthier.
Check out JeanineJewels: https://etsy.me/2DpGUON
I was grinched by the Grinch.

MissCarriage
3 months ago#4
@pennylessz How come!?

MissCarriage
3 months ago#5
Oooh Luthier is winning by quite a bit! I should invest in him...

pennylessz
3 months ago#6
MissCarriage posted...
@pennylessz How come!?

See, I thought Est was a good unit. But I peeked at the tier list from Reddit and reconsidered. I didn't actually use her personally.

Fliers are great units in Echoes though, so Clair is a safe pick. Luthier is a mage I presume? I didn't use him, but mages got me through basically the whole game and he seemed pretty cool as well. So they're pretty viable choices.

MissCarriage
3 months ago#7
@pennylessz Oh I don't believe in those tier lists. Aren't they just based on efficiency runs? I feel like characters like Est and Delthea would be really good if given favoritism, no?

And yes Luthier is my favorite mage (tied with Boey!). I'd love to invest in him, especially since people s*** on him so much here.

pennylessz
3 months ago#8
MissCarriage posted...
@pennylessz Oh I don't believe in those tier lists. Aren't they just based on efficiency runs? I feel like characters like Est and Delthea would be really good if given favoritism, no?

And yes Luthier is my favorite mage (tied with Boey!). I'd love to invest in him, especially since people s*** on him so much here.

Faye is my favorite mage and she's definitely not well liked on here. Also, I assume the people doing efficiency runs are probably pretty familiar with the game, so their opinions are valid. I just wonder what exactly did they find wrong with her that they placed her so low? I don't have personal experience with her, so it was the best I could do when deciding.

I'm not sure how much time I spent with Boey, it's been awhile since I played. All I know is that Alm's side is generally easier than Celica's. I think I was fond of Kliff?

MissCarriage
3 months ago#9
@pennylessz Yeah, they're valid, but I'm not playing for efficiency. The reason why characters are placed high on most tier lists is because they require little investment to be good. That's why characters like Palla and Catria are so high while Est is low, despite Est having better growths in some stats.

I like Kliff a lot too. I made him into a Mercenary last time which was a mistake, but he's great as a mage for me. Helped me take down Desaix for his Dracoshield.

User Info: A Novel Idea

A Novel Idea
3 months ago#10
I thought Cleric!Faye was ranked pretty high for her Physic and Rescue on Alm’s route?

I think the biggest disparity between the effiency-oriented tier list and my leisurely style of play for me has been Palla and Catria. Palla is ranked higher than Catria for effiency playthroughs. On Hard Classic it’s been difficult giving Palla levels—I think the optimal strategy is to save a Golden Apple and two Exp Wells for her so she’s one level away from promotion, but I used the wells and want to save the Apple, lol. Catria has been catching up and she can double with a Javelin and otherwise has comparable stats at a slightly lower level. Ultimately she’s put in more work than Palla for me. But I can see why Palla works better in an efficiency game.

I voted Est.
"God I really want you to keep posting."
"People don't matter to you. Human relationships don't matter to you."~StarryKnights
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Which character should I give all my favoritism to?