• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. The next FE is the perfect FE game, but...

User Info: Liquid_King

Liquid_King
1 month ago#21
pennylessz posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Eldin posted...
Heptade posted...
I'd probably get banned for being sane-ish. I'd just stop visiting the forums. Not that big a sacrifice for a perfect game.

If you are truely sane and a good person, I doubt it.

"truely"

Do you have a problem? If this is about grammar, reminder that english isn't my native language and that I couldn't care less for the grammar police.

I couldn't even tell it wasn't. Your grasp of it is pretty impressive.
I'm trying to study a second language, and it isn't exactly coming naturally to me. My biggest issue isn't pronunciation or grammar, but just that there's so much vocab.

What language, bro?
King Harkinian deserves his own game.
https://youtu.be/Lqtlm7fXSQQ

User Info: Liquid_King

Liquid_King
1 month ago#22
Liquid_King posted...
I'll be the first one to get banned, I presume.

Most likely yes, since you pick fights with me for petty reasons.

We just argue about how much Clive sucks. That's about it.

But if this hypothetical FE is so perfect, I'd be too busy o. It in my leisurely time to bother logging in here. Lol.
King Harkinian deserves his own game.
https://youtu.be/Lqtlm7fXSQQ

User Info: pennylessz

pennylessz
1 month ago#23
Liquid_King posted...
pennylessz posted...
Eldin posted...
Heptade posted...
I'd probably get banned for being sane-ish. I'd just stop visiting the forums. Not that big a sacrifice for a perfect game.

"truely"

Do you have a problem? If this is about grammar, reminder that english isn't my native language and that I couldn't care less for the grammar police.

I'm trying to study a second language, and it isn't exactly coming naturally to me. My biggest issue isn't pronunciation or grammar, but just that there's so much vocab.

What language, bro?

Weeb language. I'm sick of missing out on games that aren't localized. I'm pretty good at pronunciation, which makes it a bit easier. But Kanji is quite challenging.
I'm using a method where you learn what the Kanji mean before learning how to pronounce them. It seems to do well, but I'm actually studying from three sources.

So we've got the Kanji for rice field: 田
Then the Kanji for in: 中

What happens if we put them together? 田中
You would expect something like being in a rice field. Or maybe it combines to make some weird other word?

Nope, it just spells out the name Tanaka. Of course, you'd attach さん (San) to it. But essentially, the reading for Tanaka is "in rice field."
I was grinched by the Grinch.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 month ago#24
pennylessz posted...
Liquid_King posted...
pennylessz posted...
Eldin posted...
Heptade posted...

"truely"

What language, bro?

Weeb language. I'm sick of missing out on games that aren't localized. I'm pretty good at pronunciation, which makes it a bit easier. But Kanji is quite challenging.
I'm using a method where you learn what the Kanji mean before learning how to pronounce them. It seems to do well, but I'm actually studying from three sources.

So we've got the Kanji for rice field: 田

What happens if we put them together? 田中
You would expect something like being in a rice field. Or maybe it combines to make some weird other word?

Nope, it just spells out the name Tanaka. Of course, you'd attach さん (San) to it. But essentially, the reading for Tanaka is "in rice field."

Yeah. If it was only Hiragana and Katakana, Japanese would be pretty easy to learn. Kanji however, it's a challenge, even for native japanese due to how there's a thousand of them, so not even the japanese memorize them all.

Still a fun language to learn though.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 month ago#25
Liquid_King posted...
Liquid_King posted...
I'll be the first one to get banned, I presume.

Most likely yes, since you pick fights with me for petty reasons.

We just argue about how much Clive sucks. That's about it.

But if this hypothetical FE is so perfect, I'd be too busy o. It in my leisurely time to bother logging in here. Lol.

Consdiering how far you go about it.... That's hardly "That's about it". One thing is to be wrong, and another thing is to be wrong and be obnoxious about it. If you are going to be wrong, at least agree to disagree instead of making personal attacks against the characters or the person defending it.

I feel for you and your lack of free time, but that's irrelevant to what you just said before.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
1 month ago#26
Kanji however, it's a challenge

Multiple thousands.

Mostly due to how many different interpretations even a single character can hold.

pennylessz posted...

As an example, this kanji is also used in "chuugokusei", or "elementary schooler", along with (I believe) the word for "China".
How many people can say they ordered Actually Satan to clean their house? https://youtu.be/b8Eq8TUki44
https://i.imgtc.com/j3f67nb.jpg

User Info: pennylessz

pennylessz
1 month ago#27
SaizotheSixth posted...
Kanji however, it's a challenge

Multiple thousands.

Mostly due to how many different interpretations even a single character can hold.

pennylessz posted...

As an example, this kanji is also used in "chuugokusei", or "elementary schooler", along with (I believe) the word for "China".

The word for China is 中国 Which is Chuugoku. Do you know or study Japanese? It would be helpful to know someone who does.

Also, I was gonna mention the multiple thousand, but I didn't want to sound pretentious or something. Currently I'm using the Remembering the Kanji method with Anki flashcards to learn what the kanji mean by themselves. It doesn't include pronunciation, but it'll help with vocab later, since I'll remember them and their base meaning.
I was grinched by the Grinch.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. The next FE is the perfect FE game, but...
  • Topic Archived