• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Was Clive the only meme this game produced?

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
4 months ago#21
pennylessz posted...
@charcoalswift Maybe he couldn't find a Mila statue? Didn't seem to be great at leading...

It's in the same room where you first met him๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
4 months ago#22
He could have trained in the tomb by killing Zombies and the Guardian in the chest room but instead he chose to be lazy and remain a cavalier 1 level away from Paladin

Pure incompetence

More like pure ignorance on your part. Gameplay =/= story elements.

If that passes as incompetence, then I guess Alm is even more incompetent, since he could easily be level 20 with all the training he had so far... oh wait, he can't, because gameplay =/= story.

Maybe he couldn't find a Mila statue? Didn't seem to be great at leading...

He was a pretty good leader though. He repelled 10000 soldiers with only 500.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430

charcoalswift
3 months ago#23
DiogoShadowJorg posted...

If that passes as incompetence, then I guess Alm is even more incompetent, since he could easily be level 20 with all the training he had so far... oh wait, he can't, because gameplay =/= story.

Clive is still a coward who refuses to save his girlfriend locked in a cage in some old guy's fort up north

Yeah his sister got captured and would have died if not for Alm
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

DiogoShadowJorg
3 months ago#24
charcoalswift posted...

Clive is still a coward who refuses to save his girlfriend locked in a cage in some old guy's fort up north

Yeah his sister got captured and would have died if not for Alm

Not really. If he were to do that with the few soldiers he had, he would be sending them all to their doom, a leader who would do that would be sacrificing their soldiers for their selfish interests and that would have been unforgivable. You call him a coward, but you wish you had half the courage he has, he is among the bravest men in Valentia.

And? Clive wasn't even aware of it, considering that it was a recent event, Lukas didn't know either until he was informed right before Alm aproaches the fort., Alm just happened to arrive there sooner than everyone else. Also, Clair wasn't at risk, considering there were no plans to execute her anytime soon. If Alm hadn't been there, Clive would have easily saved her once he was informed and gathered more men.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!

charcoalswift
3 months ago#25
If Alm hadn't been there, Clive would have easily saved her once he was informed and gathered more men.

Unlikely, The zofians who work for Desaix will keep Clair in the cage with Matilda

Clive would be too heartbroken to fight on, and the Deliverance will lose the war

You call him a coward, but you wish you had half the courage he has, he is among the bravest men in Valentia.

Nah, Clive has like 1/4 of my courage๐Ÿ˜‚

User Info: Liquid_King

Liquid_King
3 months ago#26
charcoalswift posted...

You call him a coward, but you wish you had half the courage he has, he is among the bravest men in Valentia.

Clive has 1/16 my courage ๐Ÿ˜‚
King Harkinian deserves his own game.
https://youtu.be/Lqtlm7fXSQQ

DiogoShadowJorg
3 months ago#27
charcoalswift posted...
If Alm hadn't been there, Clive would have easily saved her once he was informed and gathered more men.

Unlikely, The zofians who work for Desaix will keep Clair in the cage with Matilda

Clive would be too heartbroken to fight on, and the Deliverance will lose the war

They were nowhere that close for them to be caged together in the first place. If they tried to move Clair northwards, Clive's group would easily intercept them.

He wasn't heartbroken at that point though. Also, Alm would be just as heartbroken if something happened to Celica, so that's not Clive's fault either.

Lol. I doubt it. Come on then, I dare you, go fight yourself a lion or some other dangerous beast, and you would still not be half the man he is, because he fought terrors as well Duma and told him straight in the face that he would sooner die than kneel before an evil god.

Clive has 1/16 my courage ๐Ÿ˜‚

Please, someone like you doesn't even understand what that means, otherwise you wouldn't be saying that. Compared to him, you might as well be a animal being compared to a human being. You have nothing on Clive.

charcoalswift
3 months ago#28
They were nowhere that close for them to be caged together in the first place. If they tried to move Clair northwards, Clive's group would easily intercept them

Berkut would easily slaughter Clive and his weak Deliverance

He wasn't heartbroken at that point though. Also, Alm would be just as heartbroken if something happened to Celica, so that's not Clive's fault either.

Celica voluntarily sacrificed herself, she could have killed/avoided Jedah

Lol. I doubt it. Come on then, I dare you, go fight yourself a lion or some other dangerous beast, and you would still not be half the man he is, because he fought terrors as well Duma and told him straight in the face that he would sooner die than kneel before an evil god.

Lol I may have courage but I am not stupid to fight a lion/bear/alien

well Duma and told him straight in the face that he would sooner die than kneel before an evil god.

Lol Duma is not a god, he's a Divine Necro Dragon

DiogoShadowJorg
3 months ago#29
charcoalswift posted...
They were nowhere that close for them to be caged together in the first place. If they tried to move Clair northwards, Clive's group would easily intercept them

Berkut would easily slaughter Clive and his weak Deliverance

Celica voluntarily sacrificed herself, she could have killed/avoided Jedah

Lol I may have courage but I am not stupid to fight a lion/bear/alien

well Duma and told him straight in the face that he would sooner die than kneel before an evil god.

Lol Duma is not a god, he's a Divine Necro Dragon

Berkut wasn't at Clair's place, try again. Do you even pay attention to the story or the geography for that matter? Berkut was at Zofia's castle at the time. Clair was caged way in the south below the Deliverance's base. Easy pickings once they took notice of it.

And? What does that have to do with anything? If anything it only proves my point further. Since for a moment, Alm was led to believe that he killed her. If that had turned out true, Alm would have been in no shape to keep fightning. Celica couldn't have killed Jedah. Storywise, Jedah is the strongest member of the Duma faith, Celica stands no chance, specially when his barrier is a plot point.

And Clive isn't stupid either on picking fights against impossible odds, which is why he can't move his group towards Desaix fortress, since he lacks the manpower to do so, it would be a suicide mission. He still ends up fighting Duma, the terrors, which are way more formidable foes than any animal or your average alien, because the odds aren't impossible.

Once again, you prove your ignorance. He's not a necrodragon, he's divine dragon turned evil, a fell dragon, similiar to Medeus Dark Dragon form. A necrodragon is a terror, a servant of Duma, and an undead abomination at that. Duma is not undead in the whole story. Also, that doesn't change Clive's bravery.

charcoalswift
3 months ago#30
Berkut wasn't at Clair's place, try again. Do you even pay attention to the story or the geography for that matter? Berkut was at Zofia's castle at the time. Clair was caged way in the south below the Deliverance's base. Easy pickings once they took notice of it.

And? What does that have to do with anything? If anything it only proves my point further. Since for a moment, Alm was led to believe that he killed her. If that had turned out true, Alm would have been in no shape to keep fightning. Celica couldn't have killed Jedah. Storywise, Jedah is the strongest member of the Duma faith, Celica stands no chance, specially when his barrier is a plot point.

And Clive isn't stupid either on picking fights against impossible odds, which is why he can't move his group towards Desaix fortress, since he lacks the manpower to do so, it would be a suicide mission. He still ends up fighting Duma, the terrors, which are way more formidable foes than any animal or your average alien, because the odds aren't impossible.

Once again, you prove your ignorance. He's not a necrodragon, he's divine dragon turned evil, a fell dragon, similiar to Medeus Dark Dragon form. A necrodragon is a terror, a servant of Duma, and an undead abomination at that. Duma is not undead in the whole story. Also, that doesn't change Clive's bravery.

Really? his corpse is rotting and he is an eyeball monster before fusing with his body using Celica's lifeforce

Clive is still C for Coward!!!

specially when his barrier is a plot point.

But in the last village in Celica's route, a man will expose Jedah's 4-8-12 weakness

Without Alm, the brigands and Desaix's Zofian Soldiers will severely outnumber the Deliverance, supported by the reinforcements from Zofia Castle

Clair will surely get sent to the cage with Matilda
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Was Clive the only meme this game produced?
  • Topic Archived