You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. This board helped me when I was depressed

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
4 months ago#151
Lalin posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
This is true, but taking three damage twice is better than taking six damage once.

Especially since one wholly relies on two percentages going off at the same time while the other does not.

Yeah the first is better since there's a higher chance one of those 2 will miss than if it's just one hit but it almost never makes a difference when it happens you're just like "Well ok" since the HP of the Soldier branch is high enough.

And how do you justify getting 18 Magic damage twice(Lukas) over 17 once(Forsyth)? Now then not getting doubled is more important.

This is also true, but at the time, I was comparing them on a solely DEF basis. Of course, in a magic battle, Forsyth is going to be better than Lukas, but at the same time, so is anybody with an actual SPD stat (read: not the Soldier line period) or an actual RES stat (read: Dread Fighters, Clerics/Saints, Mage-class, Falcon Knights).
How many people can say they ordered Actually Satan to clean their house? https://youtu.be/b8Eq8TUki44
https://i.imgtc.com/j3f67nb.jpg
Lalin posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
but only 25 DEF.

That's not even bad especially when his speed counters it.

DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Hector being a reminder of that.

Hector has good speed though but his 5 mov is annoying don't underrate movement.

I don't see any problem with his 5 mov. If it even becomes a problem (wich is rarely so) you can just slap the boots on him. His SPD was neither good or bad, it was passable.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
4 months ago#153
Lalin posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
but only 25 DEF.

Hector has good speed though but his 5 mov is annoying don't underrate movement.

I don't see any problem with his 5 mov. If it even becomes a problem (wich is rarely so) you can just slap the boots on him. His SPD was neither good or bad, it was passable.

Yep Hector is basically "Free", most axe users in Fire Emblem are garbage but Not Hector
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.
charcoalswift posted...
Lalin posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
but only 25 DEF.

Yep Hector is basically "Free", most axe users in Fire Emblem are garbage but Not Hector

In Fire Emblem as a whole or GBA ones? GBA ones are usually bad, that's true. But outside of the GBA games, there is plenty of good axe users, Barst, Minerva, Lex, the 2nd generation brothers, Boyd, Titania, Kieran, Nolan, Libra, Basilio, Flavia, Cherche, Rinkah, Scarlet, Camilla, Charllote, Arthur and Fuuga. That's a pretty significant list.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
(edited 4 months ago)

charcoalswift
4 months ago#155
charcoalswift posted...
Lalin posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
but only 25 DEF.

In Fire Emblem as a whole or GBA ones? GBA ones are usually bad, that's true. But outside of the GBA games, there is plenty of good axe users, Barst, Minerva, Lex, the 2nd generation brothers, Boyd, Titania, Kieran, Nolan, Libra, Basilio, Flavia, Cherche, Rinkah, Scarlet, Camilla, Charllote, Arthur and Fuuga. That's a pretty significant list.

Libra is bad lol, works better as a Nosferatu Dark Mage

Flavia is bench tier since she and Basilio are so lategame

Fuuga is a Jagen, not good

Rinkah is trash tier, horrible STR

Camilla yup

Charlotte, nah She's better as pair up

Arthur same as Charlotte, that horrible luck gonna get him killed
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.
charcoalswift posted...
charcoalswift posted...
Lalin posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
but only 25 DEF.

Libra is bad lol, works better as a Nosferatu Dark Mage

Flavia is bench tier since she and Basilio are so lategame

Fuuga is a Jagen, not good

Rinkah is trash tier, horrible STR

Camilla yup

Charlotte, nah She's better as pair up

Arthur same as Charlotte, that horrible luck gonna get him killed

Dark Mages/Sorcerors can't heal and Tharja is better for dark magic, reclassing a promoted unit results in significant experience gain drop as well. Also, instant use of Killer Axe is preferable due to lack of axe users other than Vaike.

Not at all. By the point those 2 join, you have a considerable number of deployment slots and chances are that you had to bench a few units due to RNG screwage, as a result they take those spots, specially Flavia, who is pretty much a free Hero with the stats to match her lv.

Fuuga's stats say otherwise. He can't be a Jagen when his stats are good and joins lategame.

What horrible STR? Rinkah has 45% STR on top of her personal +4 personal, are you blind? Not only that, but she has awesome DEF while having considerable SPD. If she is trash tier, then so is 80% of the playable cast.

No, she should be used as both. As a pair up and as an active unit as the needs change. Charlotte is good for both purposes.

Arhtur doesn't care about being crit by enemies who deal single digit damage since he has plenty of DEF. It's magic he should avoid, which is pretty much what Charlotte should do as well, so that's not much of a problem.

charcoalswift
4 months ago#157
Dark Mages/Sorcerors can't heal

Nosferatu heals, at least oneself

her personal +4 personal

LOL that is a joke, needs an ability to make her "good"

his stats are good and joins lategame.

mediocre stats but great compared to Hana and Hinata(2 bench tier Samurai units)

Arhtur doesn't care about being crit by enemies who deal single digit damage since he has plenty of DEF. It's magic he should avoid, which is pretty much what Charlotte should do as well, so that's not much of a problem.

enemies do insane damage lategame, and with a crit, they can 1 shot Arthur who has like 0 luck

I rather use the luck boosters on someone else
(edited 4 months ago)
charcoalswift posted...
Dark Mages/Sorcerors can't heal

Nosferatu heals, at least oneself

her personal +4 personal

LOL that is a joke, needs an ability to make her "good"

his stats are good and joins lategame.

mediocre stats but great compared to Hana and Hinata(2 bench tier Samurai units)

enemies do insane damage lategame, and with a crit, they can 1 shot Arthur who has like 0 luck

I rather use the luck boosters on someone else

But doesn't heal everyone else.

Lol, devaluing one of the best skills in the game, you are the joke. Even whitout that ability active she causes decent damage, so...

Also, half the reason Mozu is good is due to Aptitude, so the whole excuse of skills not making units good is meaningless.

Hinata and Hana are good though. And Fuuga has stats that take from their strongpoints somewhat. That makes him good as well.

Single digit isn't insane damage. There's nobody else to use luck boosters other than Kaze, there's plenty for the 2 of them.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Lalin

Lalin
4 months ago#159
On FE14 Rinkah is garbage, Arthur is good though that luck sucks but it's not the most relevant thing ever.

User Info: pennylessz

pennylessz
4 months ago#160
Lalin posted...
On FE14 Rinkah is garbage, Arthur is good though that luck sucks but it's not the most relevant thing ever.

Arthur is a beast when handled right.

I also got a pretty slick Odin, but he never quite matched Arthur.
I was grinched by the Grinch.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. This board helped me when I was depressed