You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Fire Emblem Echoes is not as good as Awakening & Fates!

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#51
Zero_Maniac posted...
Not necessarily. Antidotes did exist back then, and again you're failing to realize that the arrow has to first reach the target and then get through the target's defenses. A 20lb bow isn't that powerful. Have you ever even done archery? Because I have.

This is why ambushes & sneak attacks exist

Plus do you even know what poison is in the arrow that shot you? And which antidote to use lol
Sometimes, people got shot & don't even realize until they're fainting
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Jdeo1997

Jdeo1997
4 weeks ago#52
https://imgur.com/gallery/x9Eg1bo
A person shouldn't be judged by what they do in the light, but by what they do in the dark

User Info: Jdeo1997

Jdeo1997
4 weeks ago#53
MatoiFalconWing posted...
WitchressOrochi posted...
Endgame posted...
Right.

Echoes is BETTER than Awakening and especially Fates.

The gameplay is upgraded

1. You don't get instant win button units without earning them by grinding first the same way Awakening and Fates give you Robin, Ryoma, and Xander.

2. No marriage/ child characters. Thank Naga Echoes wasn't a vehicle for pedophilia the same way Awakening and Fates were through the options to impregnate Nowi and Elise.

3. Supports in battle, just like in the real Fire Emblems that had them.

4. Lack of paid DLC that is necessary to get the full story. Want to know why Anankos does the things he does in Fates? You have to buy Hidden Truths. Want to know why Duma does the things he does in Echoes? It's entirely explained ingame! Want to know more about Grima? Well, Awakening didn't even bother with that or any other form of world building at all. Good thing Echoes did~.

5. Smaller maps that don't try to pretend they're well designed so units not having as much Mov isn't as big a deal.

6. A competently written story. No shallow Saturday morning cartoon villains like Validar and Garon here. Every villain has a reason for doing what they do. Rudolf is arguably the real hero of the story.

Echoes is by fact, NOT opinion, the best 3DS Fire Emblem

Fixed. Not that it's saying much when Awakening and Fates suck REALLY bad.

So much troll fluids going....get more original material to work with than your broken failed record player.

??got em they're still with this same spewing crap still?! lol such fail....

And you're still using an alt to provide some fake support, how pathetic
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down New paths"~Walt Disney

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#54
Jdeo1997 posted...
MatoiFalconWing posted...
WitchressOrochi posted...
Endgame posted...
Right.

Echoes is BETTER than Awakening and especially Fates.

The gameplay is upgraded

1. You don't get instant win button units without earning them by grinding first the same way Awakening and Fates give you Robin, Ryoma, and Xander.

2. No marriage/ child characters. Thank Naga Echoes wasn't a vehicle for pedophilia the same way Awakening and Fates were through the options to impregnate Nowi and Elise.

3. Supports in battle, just like in the real Fire Emblems that had them.

4. Lack of paid DLC that is necessary to get the full story. Want to know why Anankos does the things he does in Fates? You have to buy Hidden Truths. Want to know why Duma does the things he does in Echoes? It's entirely explained ingame! Want to know more about Grima? Well, Awakening didn't even bother with that or any other form of world building at all. Good thing Echoes did~.

5. Smaller maps that don't try to pretend they're well designed so units not having as much Mov isn't as big a deal.

6. A competently written story. No shallow Saturday morning cartoon villains like Validar and Garon here. Every villain has a reason for doing what they do. Rudolf is arguably the real hero of the story.

Echoes is by fact, NOT opinion, the best 3DS Fire Emblem

Fixed. Not that it's saying much when Awakening and Fates suck REALLY bad.

So much troll fluids going....get more original material to work with than your broken failed record player.

??got em they're still with this same spewing crap still?! lol such fail....

And you're still using an alt to provide some fake support, how pathetic

😂😂😂Seriously? 2 accounts?
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#55
Jdeo1997 posted...
https://imgur.com/gallery/x9Eg1bo

Not bait, it's called Truth, logic & fact😎

You're the one using the imgur bait link, how ironic😑

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#56
New Evidence that Echoes is a Downgrade from Awakening/Fates

1. The bottom screen interface is worse than Fates, it's much more simplied & calculations like ATK, Crit, Hit, Avoid are Removed

2. There is no outrealm gates to access DLC, you can only play DLC through your profile card

3. The removal of Weapon & Armory stores, That means you can no longer buy them, the only way to get better equipment is through forts/castles/dungeons, random low% chance enemy loot or defeating enemies that carry them in story chapters
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: WendoloKazaki

WendoloKazaki
4 weeks ago#57
new evidence a faithful remake of an NES game is a downgrade from bells and whistles and waifus: the video game 1 and 2

ooga booga this thread is bad bait
actually a dog in a business suit at a keyboard
(BB: Azrael, UNIST: Akatsuki)
(edited 4 weeks ago)

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#58
WendoloKazaki posted...
new evidence a faithful remake of an NES game is a downgrade from bells and whistles and waifus: the video game 1 and 2

ooga booga this thread is bad bait

Not true, your evidence is weak

Pokemon Fire Red is a remake of Pokemon Red, yet it is much better than the original

User Info: Schneevee

Schneevee
4 weeks ago#59
After reading this entire post and the nonsense arguing that has happened, I can safely assume TC is a troll, especially with all the emojis he uses.

How I would rank the 3DS line is like this.

1st = Fire Emblem: Fates
2nd = Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
3rd = Fire Emblem: Awakening

All of them are great games in their own regard, and each have their flaws, below I'll explain why each have the spot they were given.

Fates is my top FE game, but why? It arguably has the worst story and DLC practices of the three, being split into three seperate games like a Pokemon title. However, its gameplay is among the best FE has to offer. Its limitless replayability and customization with its class changes, support system, weapon system, and online features make it the definitive 3DS Fire Emblem experience. It Introduces bows and a new weapon type, hidden weapons, into the weapon triangle so it has 2 weapon canidates per color, each being one melee and one ranged type. Fire Emblem Fates is definitely the best bang provided you can pay enough buck.

Ahh, prehaps my favorite FE game due to its phenominal presentation. SoV stays true to its predecessor, Fire Emblem: Gaiden, in that many things stay the same. However, with added touches such as improved graphics, an improved story, and FANTASTIC voice acting, makes it probably the best FE remake of an older game. The weapon triangle does not have a place in the game, which some may find bad, but I find good due to which weapon types are present in the game, and what is avaliable. Plus it gives you the leizure to stratagize less on which unit should attack whom, and more formation and preparation. Weapons also have no weapon rank system, but do have a new experience system that allows its holder to learn Combat Arts, SoV's version of skills, which are quite fun and handy to use. SoV probably has the lowest of replayability in the game due to its limited class changes and support system, but it does have replayability nonetheless. SoV definitely appeals more to older FE fans more than those which were introduced via Fates and Awakening, which is why I can see its complaints.

3rd = Fire Emblem Awakening

Probably the most iconic of the three, as having the title of "saving the franchise", despite almost every other FE game meeting the required sales Awakening needed. Fire Emblem: Awakening, in my opinion, is the worst 3DS Fire Emblem title. While it is the worst it doesn't mean it's a bad game, it introduced many mechanics such as the newly developed support system, (which I feel a lot of people hate on when in all honesty it's quite a good game mechanic), and probably my favorite mechanic, the pair-up system (however not Awakenings version). The story of Awakening as good to ok at times, however where my real verdict lies is in its gameplay. It was ok for the most part, but it easily breakable. The pair-up system made the game ridiculously easy. So easy that Intelligent Systems made Lunatic and Lunatic+ stat checks, creating difficulty just from bumping up enemies stats so high that you couldn't hope to win against them. Luckily Fates took the foundation of the pair-up system Awakenimg had made and made it into a balanced mechanic that I love to use at every time I can to gain and advantage, whether it be getting into an Attack stance for more damage, or Guard stance to choke a point. Awakening is a middle ground for replayability, while it doesn't have the replayability Fates does, it definitely has more than SoV due to the new support system.

User Info: TitanicFudge

TitanicFudge
4 weeks ago#60
Schneevee posted...
After reading this entire post and the nonsense arguing that has happened, I can safely assume TC is a troll, especially with all the emojis he uses.

How I would rank the 3DS line is like this.

3rd = Fire Emblem: Awakening

All of them are great games in their own regard, and each have their flaws, below I'll explain why each have the spot they were given.

Fates is my top FE game, but why? It arguably has the worst story and DLC practices of the three, being split into three seperate games like a Pokemon title. However, its gameplay is among the best FE has to offer. Its limitless replayability and customization with its class changes, support system, weapon system, and online features make it the definitive 3DS Fire Emblem experience. It Introduces bows and a new weapon type, hidden weapons, into the weapon triangle so it has 2 weapon canidates per color, each being one melee and one ranged type. Fire Emblem Fates is definitely the best bang provided you can pay enough buck.

Ahh, prehaps my favorite FE game due to its phenominal presentation. SoV stays true to its predecessor, Fire Emblem: Gaiden, in that many things stay the same. However, with added touches such as improved graphics, an improved story, and FANTASTIC voice acting, makes it probably the best FE remake of an older game. The weapon triangle does not have a place in the game, which some may find bad, but I find good due to which weapon types are present in the game, and what is avaliable. Plus it gives you the leizure to stratagize less on which unit should attack whom, and more formation and preparation. Weapons also have no weapon rank system, but do have a new experience system that allows its holder to learn Combat Arts, SoV's version of skills, which are quite fun and handy to use. SoV probably has the lowest of replayability in the game due to its limited class changes and support system, but it does have replayability nonetheless. SoV definitely appeals more to older FE fans more than those which were introduced via Fates and Awakening, which is why I can see its complaints.

3rd = Fire Emblem Awakening

Probably the most iconic of the three, as having the title of "saving the franchise", despite almost every other FE game meeting the required sales Awakening needed. Fire Emblem: Awakening, in my opinion, is the worst 3DS Fire Emblem title. While it is the worst it doesn't mean it's a bad game, it introduced many mechanics such as the newly developed support system, (which I feel a lot of people hate on when in all honesty it's quite a good game mechanic), and probably my favorite mechanic, the pair-up system (however not Awakenings version). The story of Awakening as good to ok at times, however where my real verdict lies is in its gameplay. It was ok for the most part, but it easily breakable. The pair-up system made the game ridiculously easy. So easy that Intelligent Systems made Lunatic and Lunatic+ stat checks, creating difficulty just from bumping up enemies stats so high that you couldn't hope to win against them. Luckily Fates took the foundation of the pair-up system Awakenimg had made and made it into a balanced mechanic that I love to use at every time I can to gain and advantage, whether it be getting into an Attack stance for more damage, or Guard stance to choke a point. Awakening is a middle ground for replayability, while it doesn't have the replayability Fates does, it definitely has more than SoV due to the new support system.
I 100% agree
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Fire Emblem Echoes is not as good as Awakening & Fates!