You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Fire Emblem Echoes is not as good as Awakening & Fates!

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#1
The gameplay is downgraded
1. No weapon triangle

2. no marriage/ child characters

3. no supports outside of battle

4. Lack of fun dlc

5. Units have low movement generally, except Horses & Pegasuses

6. Story is too predictable(I figured out that Alm is Rudolf's son in Act 1)
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

User Info: RyomaOfHoshido

RyomaOfHoshido
4 weeks ago#2
nice b8 m8
14. Do not argue with trolls, it means that they win.

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#3
RyomaOfHoshido posted...
nice b8 m8

LOL facts, not bait
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#4
Echoes is by fact, NOT opinion, the worst 3DS Fire Emblem

User Info: RyomaOfHoshido

RyomaOfHoshido
4 weeks ago#5
charcoalswift posted...
Echoes is by fact, NOT opinion, the worst 3DS Fire Emblem

RyomaOfHoshido posted...
nice b8 m8
14. Do not argue with trolls, it means that they win.

User Info: mysteriouslurke

mysteriouslurke
4 weeks ago#6
Haha, okay champ. We'll get you some ice cream later, settle down.
Existence is pain.
If there's one thing I'm skilled at, it's being a terrible person.

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#7
mysteriouslurke posted...
Haha, okay champ. We'll get you some ice cream later, settle down.

LOL

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#8
charcoalswift posted...
No weapon triangle

I'd have preferred one, but it works okay without one.

charcoalswift posted...
no marriage/ child characters

This is a plus, not a minus. Sorry, but Waifu Emblem needs to die and become Fire Emblem again.

charcoalswift posted...
no supports outside of battle

Indifferent to this. We get dialogue with characters outside of battle in Echoes anyways.

charcoalswift posted...
Lack of fun dlc

We have two maps that give us 4 characters total, and they even have supports and everything. We also have like 4 maps that give backstory on events that happened before the main game. Sure, they could've given us the entire continent of Archanea as DLC, but the DLC that is there is enough.

charcoalswift posted...
Story is too predictable

Opinion.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 weeks ago#9
Right.

Echoes is BETTER than Awakening and especially Fates.

The gameplay is upgraded

1. You don't get instant win button units without earning them by grinding first the same way Awakening and Fates give you Robin, Ryoma, and Xander.

2. No marriage/ child characters. Thank Naga Echoes wasn't a vehicle for pedophilia the same way Awakening and Fates were through the options to impregnate Nowi and Elise.

3. Supports in battle, just like in the real Fire Emblems that had them.

4. Lack of paid DLC that is necessary to get the full story. Want to know why Anankos does the things he does in Fates? You have to buy Hidden Truths. Want to know why Duma does the things he does in Echoes? It's entirely explained ingame! Want to know more about Grima? Well, Awakening didn't even bother with that or any other form of world building at all. Good thing Echoes did~.

5. Smaller maps that don't try to pretend they're well designed so units not having as much Mov isn't as big a deal.

6. A competently written story. No shallow Saturday morning cartoon villains like Validar and Garon here. Every villain has a reason for doing what they do. Rudolf is arguably the real hero of the story.

Echoes is by fact, NOT opinion, the best 3DS Fire Emblem

Fixed. Not that it's saying much when Awakening and Fates suck REALLY bad.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
Endgame posted...
Right.

Echoes is BETTER than Awakening and especially Fates.

The gameplay is upgraded

1. You don't get instant win button units without earning them by grinding first the same way Awakening and Fates give you Robin, Ryoma, and Xander.

2. No marriage/ child characters. Thank Naga Echoes wasn't a vehicle for pedophilia the same way Awakening and Fates were through the options to impregnate Nowi and Elise.

3. Supports in battle, just like in the real Fire Emblems that had them.

4. Lack of paid DLC that is necessary to get the full story. Want to know why Anankos does the things he does in Fates? You have to buy Hidden Truths. Want to know why Duma does the things he does in Echoes? It's entirely explained ingame! Want to know more about Grima? Well, Awakening didn't even bother with that or any other form of world building at all. Good thing Echoes did~.

5. Smaller maps that don't try to pretend they're well designed so units not having as much Mov isn't as big a deal.

6. A competently written story. No shallow Saturday morning cartoon villains like Validar and Garon here. Every villain has a reason for doing what they do. Rudolf is arguably the real hero of the story.

Echoes is by fact, NOT opinion, the best 3DS Fire Emblem

Fixed. Not that it's saying much when Awakening and Fates suck REALLY bad.

So much troll fluids going....get more original material to work with than your broken failed record player.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Fire Emblem Echoes is not as good as Awakening & Fates!