I just got to Ch 6 (thoughts) *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. I just got to Ch 6 (thoughts) *spoilers*

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#21
SaizotheSixth posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
Did she think Jedah had a way of restoring Mila?

This was essentially what Jedah... hm, didn't quite say, but he did say that he had a way to ensure that the dragons didn't go crazy, which was something I believe he mentioned was happening to Mila.

It wasn't until she reached the top of Duma's Tower that Jedah essentially said, "Yeah, no, I ain't got s*** to fight the Falchion, but I never told you that she was stabbed by it." And I don't think any of the other clerics in the temple knew whether she was actually stabbed with it or not.

Just to make sure I'm getting this right: the deal was Celica gives Jedah her soul (who would give it to Duma), and then Jedah will (somehow) prevent the dragons from going crazy? And by the time Celica realized Mila offed herself, it was already the point of no return?
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
4 weeks ago#22
Zero_Maniac posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
Did she think Jedah had a way of restoring Mila?

This was essentially what Jedah... hm, didn't quite say, but he did say that he had a way to ensure that the dragons didn't go crazy, which was something I believe he mentioned was happening to Mila.

It wasn't until she reached the top of Duma's Tower that Jedah essentially said, "Yeah, no, I ain't got s*** to fight the Falchion, but I never told you that she was stabbed by it." And I don't think any of the other clerics in the temple knew whether she was actually stabbed with it or not.

Just to make sure I'm getting this right: the deal was Celica gives Jedah her soul (who would give it to Duma), and then Jedah will (somehow) prevent the dragons from going crazy? And by the time Celica realized Mila offed herself, it was already the point of no return?

More or less.

Is it still stupid? Yeah, sure. But... there's a lot of plot behind it, and more than one reason for it. If nothing else, it's better than "Father can't be evul", the common meme spouted by all haters of Xander, who held the plot ball of stupid in his game.
They're made out of meat.
https://youtu.be/7tScAyNaRdQ

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#23
Celica didn't sacrifice herself willingly after she found out Mila impaled herself? She was under no delusion that giving her soul to Duma would cause him to become sane? Or did she figure that somehow it would make Rigel better off either way?
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

SaizotheSixth
4 weeks ago#24
Oh, no, she called out Jedah for tricking her, and he basically goes, "Yeah, no, your fault for trusting me." and sacrifices her to Duma anyway.

Though there is a cutscene before he does where he leaves Alm and Celica by themselves, and... I think she says to leave her behind so Duma could not go bats*** insane and destroy the world.

She's a very religious person.

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#25
SaizotheSixth posted...
Oh, no, she called out Jedah for tricking her, and he basically goes, "Yeah, no, your fault for trusting me." and sacrifices her to Duma anyway.

Though there is a cutscene before he does where he leaves Alm and Celica by themselves, and... I think she says to leave her behind so Duma could not go bats*** insane and destroy the world.

I really need to play through again. It's funny, because I literally just beat the game a few days ago in a short span of time, yet I just don't remember these key details. I thought the last thing Celica said to Alm before she was sacrificed was something like, "This is the only way".

SaizotheSixth
4 weeks ago#26
Zero_Maniac posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...

I really need to play through again. It's funny, because I literally just beat the game a few days ago in a short span of time, yet I just don't remember these key details. I thought the last thing Celica said to Alm before she was sacrificed was something like, "This is the only way".

I do believe that that is something she says, though I also believe she says that for two reasons:

1) Protect Alm. This is really the main reason why she gets in so much trouble anyway, because she wants to protect Alm (and everybody else).

2) There have always been the twin gods, and with Mila gone, there's no guarantee that either Zofia or Rigel would continue to survive on their own strength.

So it's basically faith in gods versus faith in humanity.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
4 weeks ago#27
Zero_Maniac posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...

Lol she helped the Duma cult because Mila is dead & Duma is the only "god" left
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. I just got to Ch 6 (thoughts) *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived